013

My Childhood Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Soojin furrowed her brows as she entered school. Red boxes were seen in every hands of the students. She was confused and walked further in the school building to find an answer.

 

She entered the classroom and surprisingly a crowd was formed at her seat. 

 

"That's weird," she mumbled to herself. She went closer to her table and saw Jaehyun, accepting boxes of chocolates from the girls. 

 

"Ah," Soojin looked at her phone to look at the date. 

 

14 February. Valentine's day. 

 

She had to squeeze herself in the crowd to get in her seat. A part of her table was also filled with boxes of chocolates that Jaehyun received. 

 

Jaehyun thanked the girls politely and took a glance at you. He mouthed a 'sorry' for the boxes of chocolates that took her place. 

 

Soojin gave a small smile and signalled that it was alright.

 

"Thank you, I'll enjoy them," Jaehyun smiled and thanked the girls who gave him the chocolates. 

 

The girls squealed and some of their faces turned red, as red as the boxes of chocolates. 

 

After the girls settled down and went back to their respectively classes, Soojin finally could sit in her seat peacefully. 

 

"Well I guess you're the popular guy in school now," Soojin chuckled and stared at the boxes. 

 

Jaehyun chuckled and kept the boxes in his bag to clear their tables. "I have always been popular. You should be grateful you have an awesome friend like me," he flipped his hair in a playful manner. 

 

Soojin rolled her eyes and shook her head, "Right." 

 

Jaehyun leaned closer to her and pouted, "You don't have anything for me? No chocolates?" 

 

Soojin poked his head away and shook her head. 
"I don't really care about Valentine's day. Sorry. I'll buy you chocolates next time. Cool?" 

 

Jaehyun's jaw dropped as he heard what Soojin said. 

 

"Really? Nothing for me? You don't care about Valentine's day?" 

 

"Well, maybe if I have found someone important, I'll think about it," Soojin shrugged, not knowing her answer was hurting Jaehyun. 

 

"Of course. I'm not important to you, that's why," Jaehyun pouted and sighed. 

 

"Aw come on, Jae. Are you gonna sulk because I didn't give you chocolates on Valentine's day?" Soojin poked his arm.

 

Jaehyun pushed away her hand and moved his chair further from her. 

 

Soojin's eyes widened and she scoffed. 
"Heol. Stop being childish, Jung Jaehyun." 

 

Soojin pulled his chair closer to hers to close the big gap. 
"Come on, you received so many chocolates already from the girls." 

 

Jaehyun moved his chair further again and this time, he pulled his table with him too. 

 

"Fine I'll stop being childish, so don't talk to me." 

 

Soojin was dumbfounded. Not knowing what to do, she only blinked in confusion. "What..?" 

 

Why is he making a big deal out of Valentine's day? Ugh. I can never understand him. 

 

Throughout the lessons, Jaehyun ignored Soojin. He only talked when he was asked questions in class by the teacher. Other than that, he kept silent and sat there with a poker face. 

 

The bell for lunch then rang. Jaehyun immediately left his seat and headed to the cafeteria. Soojin groaned in frustration and banged her head on the table. 

 

Hyejin approached her and patted her back. "Cheer up, babe. Couples fight every now and then." 

 

Soojin held up her head and made a funny face. "Me and Jaehyun are not even a couple, Hyejin."

 

Hyejin laughed it off and headed to the cafeteria. Soojin stood up and decided to grab some lunch from the cafeteria too, but she was called by the teacher. 

 

"Soojin! Can you help me put these documents on my table? I have to rush to a meeting now," the teacher handed Soojin a stack of documents and rushed outside. 

 

"Okay," Soojin answered and took the documents. 

 

"Thanks, Soojin." 

 

Soojin headed to the teacher's office with the heavy stack of documents. The documents were apparently about the students' background. 

 

And little did she know, the first one was Jaehyun's. Soojin looked at the first document and saw Jaehyun's name written on it.

 

Curious, she started reading what was written on it. 

 

"Jung Jaehyun. Lived in America for 4 years and returned to Korea this year. Born on………" Soojin stopped in her tracks. 

 

BORN ON 14 FEBRUARY 1997

"What the..-" Soojin smacked her own forehead and shook her head. 

 

Now she remembers why Jaehyun was pissed. Today is not merely Valentine's day. It was HIS BIRTHDAY. 

 


Soojin poked his head away and shook her head. 
"I don't really care about Valentine's day. Sorry. I'll buy you chocolates next time. Cool?" 

Jaehyun's jaw dropped as he heard what Soojin said. 

"Really? Nothing for me? You don't care about Valentine's day?" 

"Well, maybe if I have found someone important, I'll think about it."

"Of course. I'm not important to you, that's why," Jaehyun pouted and sighed. 

 

Soojin smacked her own head again, "Oh my god, Soojin you're so stupid."

 

After putting the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter