017

My Childhood Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was Friday and as usual, Soojin was working at the cafe. But her relationship with Jaehyun was still on going. Strong.

 

Hyejin once mentioned that their relationship is 'goals', and Soojin decided to just agree, although she doesn't know what that actually means. Well, she wasn't really the social media type of girl.

 

Soojin would work everyday after school until late night, and Jaehyun was the sweetest boyfriend ever. He'd sit in the cafe everyday, bringing his assignments or study materials along.

 

"Wouldn't it be more comfortable if you do all of these at home? " Soojin placed the coffee he ordered in front of him.

 

He accepted the drink, smoothly brushing his hands on Soojin's. Jaehyun raised his head and caught Soojin's eyes. He smiled sweetly and shook his head. "But I prefer sitting here."

 

"Why? You have to sit all the way. At home, you can lie down, roll on your bed, sleep."

 

"I prefer sitting here so I can look at you, " Jaehyun's smile widened, revealing his cute dimples. Soojin couldn't help it and poked his dimples.

 

She laughed at his cheesy reply and pinched his cheeks. "You're so cheesy, " she scrunched her nose, "But I weirdly like it."

 

Jaehyun laughed at her answer. "I knew it."

 

--

 

After bidding goodbye to the last customer, Soojin cleaned up the cafe and closed it.

 

She closed the door behind her and locked it with a key. Jaehyun was already waiting for her outside the cafe.

 

Soojin turned to him and smiled, touched by his actions.

 

"Thanks for always walking me home, Jae. But you should get some rest too. You don't have to walk me home everyday, you know."

 

Jaehyun shook his head, "No. I Like spending time with you, babe."

 

Soojin blinked in confusion and halted. "Did you just call me babe? "

 

Jaehyun sheepishly smiled and scratched his head. "I know you like it, " he stuck out his tongue in a playful manner.

 

Soojim rolled her eyes and laughed, "No it's so cheesy. Besides, I'm not a baby."

 

"You are, " Jaehyun ruffled her hair and chuckled, "See? You're so small and…. Not tall."

 

Soojin squinted her eyes and glared at Jaehyun, "So you're calling me short? "

 

Jaehyun blinked, "No. I said you're not tall."

 

Soojin pouted and ignored Jaehyun. She took a few steps forward and heard Jaehyun laughing at the back.

 

"Stupid mochi. It means you're cute, " Jaehyun caught up with Soojin and pinched her cheeks.

 

Soojin scrunched her nose, "No, like seriously. Why are you so cheesy today? "

 

Jaehyun shrugged, "Maybe I ate too much cheese? "

 

The two laughed and apparently reached Soojin's house. Jaehyun took Soojin's hands, "You'll be alright, right? "

 

Soojin smiled and nodded. "Yes, I'll be alright. You should leave already."

 

Jaehyun nodded, "Yeah, I'll leave after you enter."

 

"Btw, Soojin."

 

Soojin turned to him, "Yeah? "

 

"Do you… uh, " Jaehyun rubbed his neck awkwardly and smiled sheepishly, "Do you wanna hang out at my house tomorrow? My parents are currently working out of Seoul for three days."

 

Soojin squinted her eyes, "Hm. And what do you wanna do exactly? " She wriggled her brows playfully, teasing Jaehyun.

 

Jaehyun's eyes widened and his face turned red. "No! " He shook his head and waved his hands in defense, "DON'T MISUNDERSTAND. I JUST WANNA HANG OUT."

 

The thought of him and Soojin in his house alone popped out in his head, making his face turn redder.

 

He slapped himself, "N-nevermind. Forget about it."

 

Soojin laughed and cupped his red, warm cheeks. "I was kidding, " she squished his cheeks, "Just text me your address."

 

Jaehyun took her hands down and smiled, "Yay! Alright, I'll text you soon. Go in now."

 

The two then bid goodbye to each other.

 

--

 

"It must be right…… here, " Soojin stopped in front of a big looking house and took another look at her phone.

 

It was the text from Jaehyun of his house address.

 

It was Saturday and as promised, they decided to hang out at Jaehyun's house. Soojin was nervous, no doubt. It was her first time ever visiting a guy's house. To be exact, it was Jaehyun's house.

 

Her heart was beating loudly as if it was gonna jump out of her chest, but she tried calming herself down before ringing the doorbell.

 

"Woah. Didn't know this kid lives in a big house, " Soojin looked around the outside of the house, analysing it.

 

She gained courage and pressed the doorbell.

 

After a few seconds of her ringing it, the door opened. And there was Jaehyun, standing by the door (looking as hot as ever. )

Oh my god, my heart.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter