007

My Childhood Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Soojin dragged herself to the class and sighed.

 

"Oh my god, I'm so tired."

 

She placed her bag on the table and rested her head on it. She had to work until late night yesterday because one of the workers had an emergency leave. She had to wait for all customers to leave, clean up the cafe and close it down. And on top of that, after returning from her tiring work, she couldn't sleep well.

 

Her father was drunk again and he smashed things that were in his way. The night was filled with screams, smashings and quarrels.

 

Soojin closed her eyes to take a short nap before class starts. After a few minutes, she heard the chair next to her move.

 

She opened one eye and saw it was Jaehyun.

 

"Morning, mochi, " he smiled.

Waking up to that sure made Soojin's heart beat faster than usual. Soojin replied with a small smile and closed her eyes back.

 

Jaehyun bit his lower lip, staring at Soojin in confusion.

 

"Maybe I should talk to her later. She seems tired, " he thought to himself.

 

More students started arriving and it soon became noisier. Soojin's brows furrowed as she woke up.

 

"Ugh, there goes my only sleeping time." She mumbled to herself and groaned.

 

Jaehyun heard her mumbled and took a peek at her. He wanted to ask if she was alright, but the teacher came in earlier than expected, starting the lesson.

 

All the way during the lesson, Jaehyun noticed Soojin kept on dozing off. So Jaehyun kept on waking her up without her noticing. He would either cough, or acted like he accidentally pushed Soojin's arms and other actions to keep Soojin awake. But Soojin was unaware of it because she was too sleepy.

 

Finally the lesson ended and it was lunch break. Soojin rested her head again on the table and closed her eyes. Jaehyun looked at her, worried. Just as he was about to wake her up and ask her what's wrong, Hyejin approched Soojin.

 

She looked at Jaehyun, who was about to wake Soojin up and gave an awkward smile. Jaehyun couldn't help but to smile awkwardly back at her.

 

Hyejin shook Soojin's body lightly, "You're not eating lunch? "

 

Soojin kept her eyes closed, "No. Go ahead."

 

"Did you had to close the cafe aga mmph! " Soojin immediately put her hand over Hyejin's mouth and gave her a look. She turned to Jaehyun who was beside her.

 

She faked a laugh and signalled to Hyejin. Hyejin caught on quickly and coughed. "I mean, don't say I didn't invite you to lunch when you're hungry later. See ya! " She hopped out of the class awkwardly.

 

Gosh. That was so close.

 

Soojin sinked back in her seat and rested her head on the table to take a nap. Jaehyun stayed next to her and stared at her sleeping face.

 

He stared at her features, her eyes, her button nose and her cheeks which were still like mochi.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter