011

My Childhood Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jaehyun was worried and he had a bad feeling when he left Soojin's house last night. Soojin looked as if she was hiding something from him, but he didn't ask because he didn't want to seem like a busybody.

 

Jaehyun entered the class and sat in his seat as usual. Weirdly, his seatmate, Soojin, wasn't there yet.

 

"That's weird. She usually arrives earlier than me, " Jaehyun tilted his head as he stared at her empty seat.

 

"Nah. You're thinking too much. Maybe she's late today, " Jaehyun shook his head and took out some books to read.

 

A few minutes passed and the first class was going to start not too soon. Jaehyun anxiously looked at his watch, and then to the empty seat next to his.

 

"Kring! " The school bell rang and the first lesson started, without Soojin.

 

One whole day passed by and not even a strand of Soojin's hair was seen throughout. Jaehyun approached Hyejin, Soojin's bestfriend, after the last class ended.

 

"Hyejin. Do you know why Soojin's absent today? " He asked with concern written all over his face.

 

Hyejin's brows raised. "I thought you knew why she didn't come, that's why I didn't ask her."

Jaehyun's brows furrowed, "I don't know."

 

"Can you. Uhm, give me her phone number? I'm really worried about her, you know, " Jaehyun asked Hyejin.

 

Hyejin hesitated, because she was the only one who knew about Soojin's family problem and Soojin probably doesn't want Jaehyun to know. But she decided to give it anyways, because Jaehyun looked so worried that he could break down into tears anytime soon.

 

"S-sure. Here it is. But don't give it to anyone else, " Hyejin typed in Soojin's number in Jaehyun's phone and handed it back to him.

 

"Thanks. I owe you, " Jaehyun immediately dialed the number while carrying his school bag.

The customer you are calling is unavailable. Please try again later.

 

He groaned and tried dialing her again.

He decided to visit her workplace, the cafe he went.

 

Jaehyun asked the staff if Soojin was there or not, but to his disappointment, Soojin was nowhere in sight.

Suddenly a text came in his inbox.

 

Jaehyun's eyes widened as he immediately opened the text. It was from Soojin.

Soojin: Why did you call? Sorry I couldn't answer. I was busy.

 

Jaehyun frowned as he typed his reply.

Jaehyun: Why didn't you come to school? Are you okay? Where are you now?

 

He took a seat in the cafe and waited for Soojin's reply. Her reply came in a few seconds after he sent his.

Soojin: I'm okay, don't worry. I Was a bit busy. I'm at the cafe, working right now.

 

Jaehyun's facial expression darkened. He knew she was lying. He looked up at the cafe's counter and she was nowhere to be seen.

 

He cleared his throat and went to ask the staff again, if Soojin came.

"Soojin? She took a day off today. She said she had some things to settle."

 

Jaehyun sighed and shook his head.

Jaehyun: Are you at home? I'm at the cafe and you're not here.

 

A few minutes passed, and finally Soojin wrote a reply.

Soojin: Sorry. I'll see you tomorrow in school.

Jaehyun messed his hair in frustration.

--

Jaehyun didn't know how he ended up walking to Soojin's house. He was there, standing in front of the gate.

 

It was weird, the gate was slightly opened. He entered through the gate and walked slowly towards the door.

 

The door was also unlocked and slightly opened.

"Hello? " Jaehyun called. But no one answered.

"Uhm. Is anybody there? " He knocked and the door opened more.

 

Seeing that no one was present, he entered the house.

"Soojin? Are you there? "

Jaehyun the lights.

 

Much to his surprise, the sight he saw was unbelievable. The house was in a mess. Plates, vases, bottles were scattered on the floor, in pieces. The curtains fell as if they were pulled on purpose. The wall had stains of alcohol. Well, the whole house reeks of alcohol.

 

Jaehyun gulped and peeked upstairs. There was one room with the lights on.

 

It must be Soojin's room.

 

Jaehyun made his way to her room slowly and silently.
The door was also slightly opened.

 

Jaehyun pushed the door open a bit, using his index finger.

"Soojin? "

 

He then continued opening the door.

A body was lying on the bed.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter