005

My Childhood Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The moment Jaehyun finished singing, the crowd cheered. Soojin looked around awkwardly and lightly clapped. She turned and saw Jaehyun staring at her, while his friends cheered for him.

Soojin blinked and tried making her way out of the crowd. She looked at her watch and saw that there were 20 more minutes remaining till the end of lunch break. She decided to go to the music room which was not in use.

She made her way to the music room while others were still busy cheering for Jaehyun, asking for an encore.

When she reached the music room, it was empty. She the lights and took a seat at the piano. She started playing a few notes as a warm up and smiled.

 

As expected, my way of comfort.

 

Soojin started hitting the keys to her favourite piece of all, Yiruma's River Flows In You. The sweet melody filled the music room as Soojin continued playing it smoothly.

 

Yiruma's River Flows In You:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7maJOI3QMu0&app=desktop

 

Random thoughts started flooding her mind, especially about her family. She doesn't know when will the quarrel between her parents even end. Her house wasn't even suitable to be called home. She couldn't sleep, study nor eat peacefully without hearing her parents argue. But she really hopes someday her family will return to normal. She wants to tell her mother everything about school, she wants to go hiking with her father, she wants their attention and love.

 

Soojin sighed.

 

Her family was one problem. Another was her studies. Even if she does well, she can't afford to continue to college, unless she receives scholarship. Talking about studies, Jaehyun suddenly entered her mind. Soojin chuckled at the thought of him.

 

I can't believe he grew up so tall and… handsome? To top it off, he can even sing pretty well. Is he really the Jung Jaehyun I know?

 

"Yiruma, huh? " A voice was heard at the door.

 

Soojin stopped playing and turned to the door.

 

"Jaehyun?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter