004

My Childhood Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I hope he doesn't sit near me.

Soojin kept her head low, as the teacher scanned the class to see which seat is suitable for Jaehyun.

"Ah you can sit at the back there, " the teacher pointed at the empty desk at the back of the class. Jaehyun nodded.

Soojin sighed in relief.

Good thing he sits a bit far from me.

"Ah wait, " the teacher added, "Maybe you should sit nearer. How about next to Soojin? " Teacher looked over to Soojin.

Soojin's jaw dropped, as well as her pen that she was holding. She stared at the teacher and gulped.

I am doomed.

She turned to her bestfriend, Hyejin, who was giggling at her. Soojin had a mental breakdown and gulped.

"Soojin? " The teacher called.

She finally answered, "Yes."

"Okay, Jaehyun. Go to your seat. If you have any questions, just ask me or your tablemate, Soojin." The teacher said. Jaehyun nodded and went to his new seat.

Soojin's heart started beating fast showing that she was nervous. Her palms started to break out in cold sweat as she cleared . She didn't even take a glance of Jaehyun who was beside her.

"Hey, " Jaehyun greeted lowly as he settled down in his seat. Soojin stayed still and fixed her gaze to the board in front of the class.

Jaehyun noticed that Soojin didn't respond, so he just brushed it off and took out his book.

The first lesson was History, one of the subjects Soojin disliked and at. To make matters worse, Jaehyun sitting beside was a big distraction to her.

Does he recognise me or not? What if he starts giving me mochis again? Do I have to reject him again?

Soojin took a peek at him through her side view, but unfortunately she was caught. Jaehyun turned to her and smiled. "Hi."

Soojin turned away immediately and accidentally choked on her own spit. She coughed repeatedly and chugged down some water to control it.

"You alright? " She heared Jaehyun ask, so she nodded lightly.

Did I just embarass myself in front of him? Aish I'm doomed.

The bell for lunch break finally rang. Soojin didn't even remember a thing from History class earlier. Her thoughts were messy and she couldn't get a grip of herself.

She quickly packed her books, wanting to avoid any communication with Jaehyun.

"Hey Soojin, right? Can you show me the way to the cafet-" before Jaehyun could finish his sentence, Soojin rushed and took Hyejin's hand.

"Sorry I'm busy. Ask the c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter