008

My Childhood Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Soojin managed to rush off school as soon as the bell rang. She was almost late for her part-time work, but fortunately she managed to reach on time.

 

She panted as she placed her bag at the side. She then dusted off her attire to look presentable to the customers.

 

Here goes another day. Hwaiting Soojin.

 

She slapped her own cheeks to make sure she has woken up.

 

More customers started coming as it was time to get off work. Soojin gathered used cups on a tray and wiped one of the tables clean.

 

"Welcome to Sweet Cafe! "

She greeted customers while carrying the tray to the back.

 

A group of guys entered the cafe. They looked young, almost Soojin's age. After throwing the used plastic cups, she approached the group to take their orders. She walked closer to them, but then stopped in her tracks.

 

Someone from that group looks a bit too familiar for her not to recognise.

 

Jaehyun? ! Out of all places? !

 

Jaehyun was in the middle of the group, laughing and enjoying his time with his friends. Her eyes widened as she started to panic. She went back to the kitchen and looked for other staff who are free to serve that table. But unfortunately, none were free. Soojin has forgotten about one of the waiters who had to take an emergency leave yesterday.

 

This means Soojin is the only waiter and she has to close down the shop again.

 

Damn it. Why am I always unlucky?

 

Soojin lowered down her cap and cleared . She calmed herself down, before approaching the table.

 

"Ehem. What would you like to order? " She asked, and in a second, all attention was on her.

 

She felt her face burning up. "5 Americanos and 4 Choco Frappe please, " one of them ordered.

 

"Coming right up! "

 

Soojin turned and exhaled a breath of relief, thinking she wasn't caught by Jaehyun.

 

Little did she know, Jaehyun had already knew, but he didn't say anything because he thought you had your own reasons to keep it a secret. Jaehyun chuckled at the sight of her sighing.

 

You know, Soojin. If you wanted to hide yourself you should at least take off your name tag.

 

He laughed to himself, thinking how silly and ckumsy Soojin was.

 

Doyoung, who was next to him, hit his arm. "Why are you laughing alone like an idiot? Are you finally turning into one? "

 

"Doyoung, that's mean, " Taeyong shook his head.

 

"But it's kinda weird. I've never seen Jaehyun smiling and laughing like that, " Taeil stated, "Or is it just me? "

 

Johnny interrupted, "No no no! He started smiling when the waitress came to take our order."

 

"Oo, Jaehyun hyung. Is it what I think it is? " Mark teased.

 

Jaehyun shook his head, "Geez. Why are you guys like this today? "

 

Soon, Soojin came

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter