016

My Childhood Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Last Saturday's event kept on replaying in Soojin's head.

 

"I like you. Will you be my girlfriend? "

"If I say that again to you now, will you still reject me? "

 

Her heart still flutters at the moment everytime she thinks of it. But she didn't know what got into her, that it makes her feel awkward everytime she thinks of it.

 

And her answer.

 

I have to avoid Jaehyun at all cost. I'm so embarassed. 

 

She arrived early and made her way to the classroom, hoping Jaehyun has not arrived. And thankfully he wasn't there. Yet.

 

But unfortunately, avoiding Jaehyun was hard. Especially when he sits next to her in class.

 

I have to act like I don't notice him.

 

Soojin's eyes were glued to the classroom door. Jaehyun could enter anytime soon….

 

Suddenly the door opened, and there was Jaehyun. Standing at the door, looking as handsome as ever.

 

It caught Soojin off guard, "Holy sh-"

 

She immediately turned to the other side and put her head on her table. Hyejin who was near her looked at her in confusion. "Um, Soojin. Are you alright? You look like you saw a ghost."

 

Soojin laughed awkwardly as Jaehyun took his seat next to her. "Oh Soojin's not afraid of ghosts, " she heard Jaehyun said. Although she wasn't looking at him, she could sense the obvious smirk on his face when he said that.

 

Hyejin nodded, "True. But how do you know that? "

 

There was an awkward silence.

 

"Um. That's because we-"

 

"I TOLD HIM BEFORE ABOUT IT! NOW SHUSH AND PREPARE FOR CLASS! " Soojin cut Jaehyun off before he could continue what he was saying and rushed in taking out her books.

 

"Well, thank miss Soojin for that, " the teacher suddenly entered and thanked Soojin sarcastically. The whole class laughed but it didn't bother Soojin. Her mind was somewhere else.

 

Soojin was definitely not ready to tell Hyejin about the 'date' they went. And the confession.

 

Ohmygod the confession. What do I tell Hyejin? Was I too mean to Jaehyun? Why does he look like he's okay with my answer last Saturday?

 

Jaehyun eyed Soojin's awkward actions and chuckled to himself. "Cutie."

 

--

 

During lunch time, Soojin excused herself and told Hyejin that she wasn't in a mood to eat.

 

But that was clearly a lie. She was obviously trying to avoid Jaehyun, for whatever her reason is.

 

Her stomach was grumbling in hunger.

 


Damn it. I Should have bought food if I knew I was gonna skip lunch.

 

She made her way through the school hallway and proceeded to her locker.

 

She was also having a concern on how to face Jaehyun after today. She couldn't possibly avoid him for the rest of her life, right? She let out a big sigh.

 

Soojin took out her thick History and Maths books from her locker and shoved them into her bag. She slammed her locker door close.

 

She jumped in her place when a figure randomly appeared next to her.

 

"Hey, girlfriend." Jaehyun was leaning on the locker beside hers and waving at her playfully. His smirk never leaving his beautiful face.

 

"Oh my god. Since when were you here? "

 

She turned to Jaehyun in shock. "And sh. Keep it down. Do you wanna tell the whole school that we're…. Uhmm that we're…."

 

Jaehyun smirked. "That we're? "

 

"That we're dating? " She whispered, hoping no one would hear.

 

Soojin almost choked on her mochi as she heard Jaehyun's confession. Jaehyun bit his lips as he eyes Soojin's moves.

"Jae."

Jaehyun let out a small smile, still hoping that she would accept him. He caught her eyes and didn't break off the eye contact.

"Hm? "

Soojin sighed and looked down, "N…no."

Jaehyun's smile slowly disappeared and he let out a sigh. "It's okay if you say no. I Mean, who would ever like a nerd like me? It's okay, Soojin. I Understand wh-"

"Jae, I said no."

"Yes, I know. I Told you it's okay you d-"

"Jae. Yes, I do admit you're a smartass nerd, but you can be stupid at times. Especially in confes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter