015

My Childhood Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hey, Jae. Wanna go to the Haunted House? " Soojin leaned closer to Jaehyun and wriggled her brows.

 

Jaehyun is manly, not denying. But, he's a scaredy cat. What an irony.

 

"A-are you sure? " He scratched his head.

 

"Uhm, wouldn't it be too scary for you? " He tried to cover up his scared self and pretended like he didn't want to enter because it was scary, for Soojin.

 

Ehem.

 

"Jae, are you serious? Remember I even slept during the movie Conjuring? I Don't get that scared easily, " Soojin shrugged. She then turned to face Jaehyun.

 

"Are you scared? " She asked. Jaehyun cleared his throat and avoided eye contact.

 

Soojin laughed and poked his cheeks. "It's okay, this noona is here to protect you."

 

Jaehyun furrowed his brows, "Noona? "

 

"Well, guys always call themselves 'Oppa'. Like, 'let this oppa show you how it's done' kinda stuff. I Thought why shouldn't I use noona. Right? "

 

Jaehyun awkwardly smiled, "Well, I guess. If that's how you think."

 

Without Jaehyun realising, the both of them were already in line for the Haunted House.

 

"I didn't bring you here for this, Soojin." Jaehyun frowned.

 

Soojin raised a brow, "I didn't sign up for balloon darts and shooting either."

 

Jaehyun sheepishly giggle and gave in to her. "Fine, fine."

 

The moment the two of them entered the Haunted House, they were greeted by a scary laugh that came out of no where.

 

"Whoever that is, you should stop before I karate your head off, " Jaehyun mumbled. Soojin who was beside him heard his mutter and laughed.

 

"Jae, you do know that its actually a recording, right? "

 

Jaehyun cleared his throat, "Then I'll karate the recorder."

 

The two walked further in. The journey was filled with Jaehyun's,

 

"Oh my god when did you appear? ! "

"Go away! I Swear I'll karate off your head! "

"Soojin, are you there? "

"Ah Omg Holy Motherfu- Excuse My Language, But ! ! "

 

He ended up running off outside when a 'ghost' grabbed his ankle from below and left Soojin alone. Soojin couldn't help but became amused at his reactions.

 

She didn't know if she should laugh or cry at him. He seemed brave but apparently he was such a scaredy cat. A Cute one.

 

Wait what?

 

Soojin exited the Haunted House and found Jaehyun panting outside, while leaning on the wall.

 

She raised her brows, "Thanks for abandoning me, scaredy cat."

 

"I wasn't scared…." He cleared his throat, "I was just nervous."

 

Soojin bursted out laughing, "Nervous? ! So nervous that you ran outside, leaving me? " Jaehyun scrunched his nose as Soojin continued laughing.

 

"Shut up, mochi. I'm sure you're afraid of something too."

 

Soojin nodded, "Yeah, but I'm surely not scared of fake ghosts and recordings, " she giggled.

 

"Aiguuguu, were you scared? " She started teasing and Jaehyun's hair. Jaehyun blinked, and felt himself stiffening up at her touch.

 

"Uh, Soojin? " He called.

 

"Hm? " Soojin looked at him in the eye and later realised that they were too close too each other.

 

"Oh."

 

She immediately broke off the eye contact and cleared . She felt her cheeks burning and they were probably turning crimson red too.

 

Jaehyun, on the other hand, avoided eye contact too. His ears were slowly turning red and he tried calming them down by cupping his ears.

 

Phew. What was that?

 

The both of them thought.

--

"Ah. Soojin I Didn't Sign Up For This Either! " Jaehyun screamed as the roller coaster they were riding fell at a 90 degrees angle.

 

"Put your hands up, Jae! "

 

"No! " Jaehyun hugged the metal that kept him in his place. His eyes were shut tight and his screams were heard throughout the ride.

 

"Just enjoy it, Jae! "

 

"Holy Moly Another Drop? ! I'm Not Ready For- AHHH! "

 

Soojin realised how scared Jaehyun was, and decided to calm him down. She took his hands into hers and clutched to them tightly. "It will end soon! "

 

Jaehyun opened his eyes and stared at their hands and was touched by her actions.

 

"S-Soojin. T-Than- Oh My God NOOO! "

--

Jaehyun's face turned pale as he exited the rollercoaster station.

 

"I thought you were only scared of fake ghosts? " Soojin raised her brows and handed him a bottle of water, "Here have this."

 

Jaehyun gulped down the drink and let out a big sigh of relief.

 

"Well I guess now you know I can't handle those rides well too, " Jaehyun panted and finished the drink. He then proceeded to the bin and thre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter