003

My Childhood Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Chew chew chew chew chewing gum, chew chew chew chew chew chew chew-" Soojin groaned and turned off her alarm immediately.

"It's the first day of my last year in high school. Guess who's not looking forward to it? Me, " Soojin pointed to herself as she talked to the mirror. She stared at her ironed-school uniform hanging at her closet.

"Should I just skip the first day? " Soojin threw herself back on her bed and stared at the ceiling.

Then, she heard some crashes from the kitchen. "They must be at it again, " she sighed and covered her ears.

Soojin's father is a gambler, he drinks every night and rarely come back home. Even if he does come home, he'll bring chaos. Like how it was that morning. He picked up this bad habit when his business flopped 2 years ago, because he was scammed by someone who claimed he could expand Soojin's father's business internationally.

Since then, Soojin's mother has been the only one working to support the family. Soojin also works part-time sometime after school to lessen her mother's burden.

"I Told You I Want Some Hangover Soup! " Soojin heard her father shout. Her father was making a big deal, because her mother made some kimchi pancakes for breakfast instead of hangover soup. Soojin shook her head and quickly showered and dressed up for school. She grabbed her bag and went downstairs. "Morning."

Her parents didn't seem to notice her as they were too busy quarrelling with each other. Soojin sighed and packed some of the kimchi pancakes into a plastic, so she could eat it on the way to school. "I'll go to school first, " she spoke, although no one really heard it.

She exited her house and exhaled a big sigh. "What a way to start the day."

Soojin's family has become a mess ever since her father started gambling and drinking everyday. They had debts, her parents argue all day and Soojin didn't like staying at home.

She'd leave for school very early, stayback in school completing her homework or study, then she'll go to her part-time job in a nearby cafe, before going home. On top of that, she plays the piano which is located the cafe she's working in whenever she has free time. The owner of the cafe allowed her to, because it could sometimes entertain customers.

Playing the piano was a way of her expre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter