Chapter 2

Ex's and Oh's
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

After a long tiring day, Eunji is finally back in the apartment. Her head is throbbing so hard. She has to take aspirin for this, she thought. Not only her head but of course her heart is also somewhat skipping a beat for no apparent reason. Okay maybe it has a reason... 

Junmyeon

She will be meeting him tomorrow. Oh scratch that, later. Since it's already 1 in the morning right now. She will be meeting him later. She will be seeing him again. This time, she has to fake her feelings. She has to show the public she still has feelings for him- that they are still together. Will her heart be okay? Will she be able to gather her composure and face him? Act like nothing is wrong between them? Could she do that? Could she?

I can't because it still hurts. 

She didn't notice that she was just slouching the entire time in the entrance when Hayoung appeared. 

"Unnie? You're here?" Hayoung approached the slouched Eunji. 

Eunji raised her head and saw the maknae. "Oh? You're still awake?" Eunji asked trying to be cheerful. 

"Unnie, you don't have to fake it" Hayoung said. "Come here, let's go inside. Why are you still standing like sadako there" Hayoung tried to lighten the mood. She helped the older and assisted her inside. Eunji saw her other members in the living room together.  She was shocked to see all of them together here since Chorong, Bomi and Namjoo live upstairs now. They were looking at her worriedly.

"Unnie" It was Naeun who went to Eunji first and hugged her. Then the rest followed. Eunji couldn't help then but burst into tears. They have always been there. They knew everything. These are the 5 people who knew anything about her relationship with Suho but she was done crying over him. They were done with him. They promised to not talk about him anymore They were starting anew... but this scandal happened...

They stayed like that for a while, holding each other like they do in concerts when they get emotional, but this time, holding Eunji more. One by one, they let go and tried to calm Eunji.

"We heard from Hyunsoo oppa what President Choi is trying to do." Chorong talked first after the deafening silence.

"He's gonna publish his answer regarding the issue tomorrow, along with the CEO of SM Ent., right?" Bomi asked.

Eunji can only nod.

Another deafening silence. Everyone was too afraid to speak. This is like going back to the day when Eunji and Suho officially broke up. It took days to get Eunji back into shape.

"Has he contacted you?" it was Namjoo who asked the million dollar question.

Eunji shook her head. Why would he call her? There is nothing going on between them now. He shouldn't care and she shouldn't care about him too. Eunji wiped her tears and stood up. 

"I'm gonna be okay!" she forced a smile. "Please don't worry about me anymore. I'm gonna go to my room now and rest. You girls should rest too." she said before turning and went towards her room. 

She knows she should stay with the members and show more appreciation. Chorong unnie, Bomi and Namjoo even came here just to comfort her but she just wants to be alone right now. 

"She clearly doesn't want to talk about it" Hayoung said after Eunji went inside her room. 

"I know. Poor Eunji. I thought this is gonna be a new year for her. It's just the same old again" Chorong said. 

Chorong, Bomi and Namjoo then went back to their unit after waiting for Eunji to come home. 

 

~~~

 

Eunji, in her room, went directly to her bed and cried once more. The tears she has been supressing from earlier this morning has all come pouring down and she can't stop crying. The break up was too recent to face him again. 3 months... too early to see him again. She cried for a good 1 hour. It was already 2 in the morning and flashbacks of Suho came running in her mind. I guess it's true that you become fragile at 2 in the morning, she said to herself. She stopped crying this time around though. 

I miss him

It was always this time of the day when we talk more.

I miss our midnight talks.

Eunji reached out for her journal, hidden under her bed. She flipped the pages backwards. She went way back 2013. 

 

JUNE, 2013

7am

I am on my way to the recording studio. Today is the first day of dubbing for Saving Santa. I haven't really met the other casts yet but I heard Shin Dong Yup sunbaenim is casted too. How exciting! This will be my first time du

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter