First Life - If I Never See You Again

Three Lives, One Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He did not know anymore whether it was breakfast time, lunch time, or dinner time. He only knew it was the time to get hit whenever his father entered the room.

“Baekhyun…” He murmured. Only the wall listened to him without judging him back. He wished he could get any news about his beloved one.

“Where am I?” He asked himself. He could not recognize the place because he could not open his right eye since Baekhyun’s father’s fist landed on his face. Slowly he could see the sunlight came into the room. “Oh, it’s my bedroom,” he said. It was the same place where he had been sleeping for the last 15 years. It did not look the same though. The door of the wardrobe was half open. His books scattered and he practically sitting between the table and his bed.

He then heard someone unlocked his room. “So, I have been locked in this room,” he said. When the door opened, he saw his mother and eldest sister.

“Chanyeol!” His mother cried. “I’m sorry I could not do anything to stop your father. I am a bad mother. I’m sorry, Chanyeol!” He wanted to hug and comfort her but every piece of his body did not wish to cooperate. So, he ended up gave her a smile – at least that was the plan. His sister, Shin Hye Noona, had a stern look on her face. She said, “Hurry, drink this before Appa comes!” She then helped him to drink some water.

“We should not be here so we can’t be here for a long time.”

“Do you know what happen to Baekhyun?” Both of them shook their heads.

His sister said, “When his father dragged you home, he told Appa to lock you and give you some lessons to clear your mind. I guess he is doing the same thing at home.” She then asked if what she heard about him and Baekhyun was true. He looked at his mother and sister and said, “Omma, you have Appa. Noona, you have Rae Won Hyung whom you love so much. Mine is him.”

-------------------------------------------------

I think I had a broken rib was what Baekhyun kept telling his brain. He did not expect his father to be that scary but the funny thing was his love to his father did not change. He still loved him. “I am his only son and he expects so many things from me.” He repeated that again and again like a mantra to forget that his father was torturing him.

“Chanyeol…” He said his name because maybe, just maybe he would appear in front of him if he kept calling. He laughed because he realized how foolish he was. He still prayed that Chanyeol would not experience the same thing although there was a tiny voice in his head that said it was unlikely to happen.

He never imagined that he would be happy to kiss and being kissed by a boy. Not just any boy but his best friend. He still could feel the warmth and excitement when Chanyeol kissed him after treating his wound. That was their first kiss. Sort of. If he considered the kiss on his cheek a week before that was their first one. He was so shocked after that. Did not know how to react, not able to sleep. So, he decided to avoid any contacts with Chanyeol. He tried to talk the other boys. He even talked to Oh Sehun - who looked like he could die anytime somebody tried to talk to him. But, they were not Chanyeol. They were not even a tiny bit like him. Baekhyun did not have to say anything but Chanyeol understood him. They got along very well for ten years because they completed each other. So, when they finally made up, Baekhyun was extremely happy.

He was so shy yet excited when Chanyeol came to his room that night. They immediately kissed when he closed the door. They were in heaven. That was what they thought until hell finally uncovered its disguise in the form of his angry father. He was actually beyond angry when he caught him.

He heard someone entered the room and looked up to meet his gaze with his father’s.

“Have you cleared your mind? Do you know what you did wrong, Baekhyun?”

“I have, Appa. And I know what you want also I know what I want.”

“What do I want?”

“A son who is going to fall in love with a woman.”

“And what do you want?”

“Chanyeol!”

And the kick came again. It landed on his stomach. He fe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter