Third Life - I've Been Waiting For You!

Three Lives, One Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Can I take you home?”

I asked Baekkie. He did not say anything but then threw the key to me as he walked to the passenger’s side. Before I started the car, I heard him said, “I really wish I could hate you, Channie!”

He fell asleep not long after the car started moving. I woke him up but he cutely mumbled, “Let me sleep for another hour.”

“Okay, but sleep in the room. It’s much better than sleeping here!”

I lifted him and carried him to my room. I remembered his room to be quite messy and I was not in the state which I could tolerate that!

I lay him down in my bed. He looked so calm and unbelievably cute. I spent the whole five minutes only to admire the guy in front of me.

“I can’t believe you are three years older than me. You look so young and I often have to force myself falling out of love with you. I don’t know what you think of me, Baekkie!”

 

He woke up. Felt confused because he did not know where he was sleeping while his nose sensed a familiar scent. He looked to the right to find a guy’s face only a few inches away from his. It was the guy that had been wandering around his mind for the last few days. To be honest, that guy had been there since before they met again as doctors.

“What did you eat that you grew up to be a giant like this?” He had to hold his fingers with his other free hand, trying to stop them from touching that guy’s angelic face.

“You used to laugh at me because of those chickens and I really wanted to punch you to make you stopped thinking about that! Now, I’m curious to know what you think of me once you know who I am!”

 

Baekkie did not know that I was actually listening to him. I pretended to sleep because I was too embarrassed to meet him when I opened my eyes.

The previous night when I lifted him out of the car, laying him in my bed sounded like a brilliant idea. However, his existence next to me made my eyes wide awake. I could hear him breathing and it made my heart beat so fast!

I locked my eyes to stare at the ceiling. I was too scared to look at him because I knew if I did it, I would not be able to take my eyes off him!

I did not know what time I finally able to fall asleep. It felt like I just closed my eyes but then opened them again only to see that the sun already rose. I checked the guy beside me, he was still sleeping. I turned around only to close my eyes again because I heard that the guy beside me started stretching while his eyes were still closed.

“What did you eat that you grew up to be a giant like this?” He said to me. I knew that he was facing me this time. He continued, “You used to laugh at me because of those chickens and I really wanted to punch you to make you stopped thinking about that! Now, I’m curious to know what you think of me once you know who I am!”

Luckily, he got up and left the room. I opened my eyes after I heard him closed the door.

“Chickens? I laughed at him? What was he talking about?”

I thought about it so hard that I did not notice Baekkie had been knocking at my door for a while.

“Are you awake? Don’t you need to go to work today?” He asked from the other side.

I got up and dragged my body to open the door.

“Good morning!” He said cheerfully when he saw me.

“Good morning! How are you feeling? How many bottles did you drink last night?” I asked and felt afraid to see my hand already moved to touch his forehead then landed on his cheeks!

Baekkie’s eyes went wide. He was surprised to see what I did.

“Uh…I’m fine. What are you doing, dr.Park?”

“I don’t know!” I said that to him then went to the bathroom. That was so embarrassing and I hoped that the ground would swallow me up!

 

“What did just happen?” He asked himself several times and still repeated the same question even after Channie already went into the bathroom.

“Why did he touch me?” He touched his forehead and cheeks that were just touched by the guy who was taking a shower at that moment. He still could feel his hand on his face!

He pinched his arm and it hurt! He was not dreaming! Like a robot, he turned around and went to his room. He closed the door and leaned his back on the door. He did not know if he was supposed to laugh or cry or both or just die!

“He touched me!”

He slowly grinned. He then giggled and felt like he was no different from a high school girl who went wild after being touched by the boy she had a crush with!

“I’m too old for this! I don’t have time to have a crush on someone! I’m looking for love!”

 

“You are an idiot, Park Chanyeol!” I could not help cursing myself for doing that. But after a while, I smiled and said, “I can’t believe I did that! I touched him!”

The ride to the office was rather awkward. I did not know what to say and I thought that Baekkie also did not feel like talking. I could not stand the silence so I swallowed my pride and went, “So, are we going to the bar this weekend?”

“About that, I have to apologize. I’m going to Richmond this Saturday!”

“What? When are you coming back?” I swore to God that I did not mean to sound so helpless when I asked him the last part!

He smiled and answered, “Why? You miss me already?”

“What if I say ‘yes’?”

 

Channie was trying to kill them both! That was what Baekkie thought after he heard his answer. Baekkie just looked straight to the road in front of them. He could see the main office but that moment he wished it to be moved 100 km away from its actual place. He wanted to torture the younger doctor so he would reveal the reason behind his bothering answer.

He cleared his throat before saying, “I don’t know that you’re a funny guy, dr.Park!”

“I was not joking, Doctor!” Channie replied.

“You’re killing me, dr.Park!”

“Why?”

“Do I really need to explain it to you, Park Chanyeol?” Baekkie pronounced the doctor’s name slowly and clearly. “I’m sure you know why!”

 

When he said my name ‘Park Chanyeol’, it sent shiver all over my body. It was scary for me but oh, how I wished he would do it again!

None of us was willing to get out of the car. I looked at his digital watch, it was 8.15. I was sure that our three co-workers must have arrived.

“I’m leaving for Lima on Friday afternoon and my flight will be on Saturday!”

“Okay!”

“I’ll be there for about eight days. I’ll be back on the 27th!”

I did not say anythin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter