First Life - What We Felt, What They Thought

Three Lives, One Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Good morning, Mrs.Byun. Can I see Baekhyun?" said Chanyeol when Baekhyun's mother opened the door.

"Come in, Boy! I thought you never asked my permission to see him before. He's in his room. You know where to go."

Chanyeol felt nervous thinking what Baekhyun would say or do. It was almost a week after the kissing incident. He could not sleep and got worse everyday because whenever he saw Baekhyun at school, he seemed fine. He did not try to do anything. Nothing. Just like the other day when he entered the class room. All eyes were on them because they acted like strangers. "What is happening here? Why don't they talk to each other?" Chanyeol could hear Jongdae question, probably directed to Kyungsoo. "Is it possible that they happen to fall for the same girl? Or maybe, Baekhyun is falling in love with Chanyeol's sister and he doesn't like it?" New theories kept coming out of his mouth. Kyungsoo looked at him and believed that there must be something wrong with his breakfast. Hell that boy talked too much. Kyungsoo turned his back too quick and the table was too far for Jongdae to reach. He walked away leaving Jongdae sitting on the floor.  

Knock...knock...

"Can I come in, Byun?"

"Nope!"

"Why? Are you still angry?"

"Think about it yourself! Use your brain for once!"

"I'm sorry. I really am. Can I at least come in to say that face to face?"

When he did not hear any footsteps from inside the room, he decided to stay there and wait. He really wanted to apologize without the door between them. He smirked when he thought that Byun Baekhyun must go to the bathroom anyway.

"Why are you standing there, Boy? Baekhyun, open the door! Chanyeol is here!" Mrs.Byun asked him before raising her voice.

"Nope! You can show the way out to him, Omma."

"I'm sorry that my son is stupid, Chanyeol. Oh, how I wish that you were my son!" she deliberately raised her voice. 

"Omma! How could you say that?" Baekhyun opened the door and looked at his mother. He could not believe his ears...and his mother! 

"See, Chanyeol, it works. Go in! Have fun, Boys!"

"Come in. I don't want her to hear anything."

"I'm sorry for what I've done, Byun." Chanyeol started to speak once they both entered the room. "I did not now what had gotten into me that night. It bothered me everyday. Maybe more than it bothered you because I noticed that you always seemed okay at school. Like nothing happened."

No words from Baekhyun.

"Can you at least say something to me? Even if you won't forgive me, at least I can hear your opinion about this! I know that you hate me now because you don't even mention my name," Chanyeol demanded.

"Go home now. I need more time to think. That's all I want to say."

"But..." he did not have the chance to finish since Baekhyun pushed him out and closed the door. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Baekhyun thought if his bed had any legs, it must have kicked him in the because he had been moving around for hours but still could not sleep. It created squeaky sound everytime he moved. 

He was tired and angry at the same time. Angry to the only idiot that he called friend for ten years. Angry to himself for not being able to express his feeling in front of that idiot this morning. But he knew that he was the only friend for Chanyeol as well as that guy for him. The past few days he intentionally avoided any contacts with Chanyeol. He tried to talk to Kyungsoo, Jongdae, and even Sehun - who always looked like he would die anytime when someone tried to talk to him. But they were not Chanyeol. They were not even a tiny thing like him. Chanyeol knew what he should do just by looking at Baekhyun's face. The same thing for him. They had been going very well this past ten years because they completed each other.

Aarrrggghhhh!!!!! He hated to admit that he missed his giant friend. They also needed to finish reading The Mistress. Aha! The Mistress finally gave him an idea.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

He heard a constant noise outside his window. He ignored that for a fe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter