Third Life - Who Would Say It First?

Three Lives, One Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I … uh … I’m sorry if I didn’t hear you. It’s because of the music.”

I could not breathe for a moment. I did not expect my coordinator/house mate would see me when I was sweating and needed a shower. He saw me simply not in my best!

“That’s okay. I heard something from your room when I came. I thought somebody was crying for help!”

Baekkie closed the door before going to his own room. His words made me wonder if my voice was that bad!

 

“Good job, Idiot!” Baekkie cursed himself. "You really want to get close to him and say something nice whenever he’s around but your mouth always says the opposite!”

He could not believe what he just said! “Come on, Baek! He wasn’t that bad!”

He felt really stupid because he was certain that Channie saw him drooling just by looking at his perfect body!

“So embarrassing!” He covered his face in his palms. “God is so unfair! Why did He give him a handsome face, nice voice, height, and a y body!”

 

I knocked on Baekkie’s door. He did not answer but I knew that he was listening to me.

“I made some food for dinner. Feel free to have some if you’re hungry. I already had dinner before I did some exercise!”

He did not say anything but as I was about to close the door, he opened his bedroom door and whispered softly, “Thank you, dr.Park!”

My face hurt for smiling too much. I smiled when I closed the door. I smiled when I cooled my body down. I even still smiled when I took a shower. I was surely smiling when I heard Baekkie munching the food I made while I lay down in my bed sending texts to my father and MOD. I definitely smiled before I went to bed just because of the thought of that soft ‘thank you, dr.Park’!

 

He believed that Channie could have a good career in culinary as he started eating the salad and pasta he made earlier. It tasted really good! People talked about foodgasm and he finally understood what it meant after he ate Channie’s dishes.

“That guy must have at least one weakness! He can’t be this perfect! He’s gotta look ugly when he sleeps or wakes up! He needs to look ugly!”

 

The next morning, we opened our respective door almost at the same time. Well, Baekkie opened his door maybe like two seconds before me. I felt guilty for staring at his face a second longer than I should have. He looked so cute with his eyes half opened and tempting pink lips! I needed a cold shower!

 

He wanted to know how that handsome-dr.Park looked like when he woke up. Well, he was handsome in the morning! His messy hair made Baekkie wanted to run his fingers on it! And that lips! That bright red lips were so…red!

“Do you want to use the bathroom first?” He asked the younger guy.

“No. I don’t mind if you need to go first.”

His mind said, “Why don’t we use it together, dr.Park?”

 

My second day at work was very slow. I thought that I had been working for quite some time but when I checked my watch, it was not even lunch time yet!

The worst part was because I’ve got to work with Baekkie that day. I was busy staring at his back when I was supposed to see how he handled the patients. My chest bumped his back or hips too often because I did not know that he stopped to talk to a little girl or some older people in this clinic. He glared at me when it happened.

“Concentrate!” He repeated that word several times. I just nodded my head.

When I finally had time for lunch, I heard a noise. I left the doctors’ room to check on what was going on. A young man maybe around 25 years old was talking so fast in Spanish! The only thing I understood was ‘por favor’! I looked around and did not find anyone I knew to translate what he said. Then Baekkie came out of the rest room and asked the guy what happened.

“His wife is in pain. She’s going to deliver the baby but doesn’t have the energy to come here. We need to go to his place right now, dr.Park!”

I went back to the room to get everything I needed then ran away to the car together with Baekkie and the father to-be whose name was Félix.

“Please ask him his wife’s name, age, blood type, and if she has any problems during pregnancy!”

Baekkie translated what I said then told me, “It’s Margarita. She’s 23. It’s their first child, blood type B, and the midwife said that the baby might be too big for the mother!”

“Okay. Thanks!”

We arrived at Félix’s house after 15 minutes. Margarita’s younger sister was staying beside her but because she was just 18, she did not know what to do. I did not blame her but remembered to make a note to teach the people here on what to do and what should be prepared before and during the home-birthing or in other emergency situation.

It was difficult because I did not have any notes about Margarita’s and her baby’s situation. So, I checked her first and asked Baekkie to ask her sister how long her sister had been in pain. Baekkie said that she had been like this for about 45 minutes. I needed to know the interval of each contraction. I checked it using my watch while ordering Félix and his sister in-law to prepare hot water, and clean towels, and blank

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter