Third Life - I Remember You, dr.Park!

Three Lives, One Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Do we really have to go there, Mom?" 12 year-old Baekkie was still trying to stop his parents' plan to visit their family in South Korea.

"I've told you so many times, Baekkie! Enough! We're all going to visit your grandma in Incheon and we're leaving tonight!"

Jeez!

She left him to check everything once more. He heard his mother's voice from her room, "Make sure you don't hide my passport this time, Baekkie! Or I'll make you stay there for the rest of your teenage life!"

It reminded him to their trip to Incheon when he was 8. He really did not like his uncle, his mother's younger brother. He was so loud and always tried to take him to their chicken farm! Those chickens hated him and he felt the same towards them! They never let him touch them and they always flew to his face! 

So, when he was 10 and his parents said that they would spend summer holiday in Incheon for two weeks, he hid his mother's passport inside one of his books. He expected his parents to cancel the plan if they could not find the passport but unfortunately his evil sister found it 24 hours before their flight! As a result he was not allowed to go to the arcade - like he always did with his friend, Will - for the whole month! 

Hufftt!!! This one was inevitable, he believed. Dammit! 

There they were! On their way to his grandma's house. His 16 year-old annoying sister must have eaten the energizer bunny since she did not look tired and kept talking about her crush at school without even cared if her brother never paid attention to her words! 

"My babies! So happy to see you again!" His lovely grandma hugged them one by one. He loved his grandma with all his heart but when he heard that laughter, he just wanted to vanish! 

"Baekkie! Long time no see! The chickens miss you! Hahaha!" 

"Hello, Uncle Jongdae. How are you?" He greeted him politely. 

"I'm fine, Baekkie! And, here's my lovely niece, Da Hae. You're getting prettier! Hello, Sis. Hi, Brother in-law!"

 

After lunch his uncle was so impatient to take him to the chicken farm!

"Please, God, help me!" He kept praying.

The chickens were still as ugly as he could remember. And very mean! He thought one hen looked like it really wanted to kill him! He walked veeeryyyy slow and never stopped looking around to make sure they stayed as far as possible from his feet! 

He jumped when he felt something touched his left foot and landed on something sticky and smelly! Yuck!!!! Then he heard someone was laughing. He looked to the left and found a child was laughing at him. He was about to tell the boy to shut his mouth when a chicken suddenly landed on his shoulder!

"Get off me! You ugly creature! Get off me! Uncle Jongdae, help me!"

It made the boy laughed louder. He hugged his stomach because he could not believe the funny scene he saw! 

"You!" He pointed the laughing boy. "Shut up! It's not funny!"

"Did they see you murdered a chicken before? Why do they always attack you?" His uncle put the chicken off his shoulder. "And that's Channie. Channie, this is Baekkie, my nephew from America." 

"You are a city boy, aren't you?" That boy asked him. "City boys only know chickens as foods! I bet you never see them running around before. So funny!" 

Baekkie really wanted to punch his face! 

 

The next day he came back to the farm. Alone. He wished to get closer to the chickens so his uncle and that boy would not make fun of him anymore. He opened the gate and watched the 'battlefield' carefully. He looked around and did not find the boy anywhere. He closed the gate behind him and walked to the nearest cage. It was cloudy that day and he had to hurry before the rain started. 

He opened the cage and tried to reach the hen. It was asleep or that was what he thought! He caught the wing with one hand but then it pecked his hand! 

"Aawwwww!!! Idiot!"

He ran outside and slammed the gate! He bumped into someone as he turned at the corner. That person saw the red spot in his hand then laughed.

"Did you try to catch the chicken, City Boy?"

 

Heaven must be playing a prank on him. He ran away before he heard another laugh from the same boy. Only a few metres before his grandma's house, it rained! He entered the house looked like a wet kitty! 

After that he never came there again. Alone or with his uncle. He would rather stayed at home with his grandma and learned Korean! 

 

 

He was in an arcade with his best friend, Will. They visited this place every Sunday since they were seven. That moment they were already 16. 

"Are you going to Korea this year?" Will asked him.

"I don't know. I hope not. My grandma already passed away and only my uncle lives there and as you know, he never stops asking me to go to the chicken farm!" 

"What will you do then during summer?" 

"Work part time, I guess! I wanna have my own money!"

"You sound like someone who needs money! You don't have to work for the rest of your life and I'm sure you won't go bankrupt!"

"Shut up!" 

They played for another hour and he caught someone spoke Korean. He turned around and saw a tall boy. There were not many Koreans in Richmond so he knew that that boy was a new guy.

"You found someone you know?" Will asked him.

"That boy over there!" He answered.

"The tall boy on grey T-shirt and black shorts?"

"Yes. He looked familiar. Where did I see that kid before?"

"He might be your soul mate in previous life!"

They both laughed to hear such a non-sense. 

But, at night. He could not stop thinking about that. He became curious to know who that boy was and where he saw him before. 

 

He was at the mall with his family. He was so tired and told her mothe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter