Third Life - dr.Becky Is In The House!

Three Lives, One Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You're a guy?"

"Well, the last time I went to the bathroom, my is still there. So, yeah, I'm a guy! And who are you, Mr.Another Guy?"

"You scared him, stop it! This is dr.Park Can Yol or you can call him Channie. He's from South Korea. He's a new guy in your team. Channie, this is dr.Becky. You'll be working under him and report everything back to him!"

"Hi, nice to meet you!"

"I'm not sure I feel the same thing, Channie!" 

This guy also needed to learn some manners! Hearing that I put more pressure to his hand as we shaked hands. If he ever felt anything, he did not let it show. Not even a single 'ouch' left her tiny lips - stop it, Brain!

"How old are you, Channie?"

"Old enough to be a doctor!"

Then I heard that again. The loud annoying noise he made when he laughed. I looked at Maria and she seemed okay. She must have tough ears!

"I'm sure we'll be working together well, Channie. But, not sure if my feeling for you will change!"

"Don't worry, you're not alone, Doctor!"

Then he left. He left me without saying anything. I turned to Maria and asked where I should go and put my stuff.

"Follow Becky. You'll be staying with him. Because other team members are girls! See you tomorrow, Channie!"

I thanked and said goodbye to her. Tried to look for John but he was nowhere to be seen.

Outside I saw loud-dr.Becky sat behind the wheel of a black SUV. 

"City boys normally have ten suitcases. You've only got three!"

"This city boy can fit everything in three. That's why!"

"Channie? What kind of name is that?"

"That's my father's name. Well, at least my family won't call me with a girl's name!"

"It's Baekkie actually. Not Becky. But they just ignored me and said Becky!"

"Are you Korean?" I switched to Korean.

"America born Korean aka Korean-American!"

"Why did you speak to me in English?"

"My Korean is bad. I understand mostly what people say but I need time to think before I speak. Not everyone is patient, you know! Stop talking! We're here!"

We arrived in front of a small house. It looked pretty with a small garden in front of it.

I took my suitcases out from the trunk. This dr.Becky-Baekkie-whatever could have helped me but of course he would not do it!

"Take your stuff inside. Let's do a quick tour!"

The inside was nothing like I expected. It was a mess. Surely this lovely doctor did not feel the urge to clean up.

"It's my room!" He pointed the room on his right. "That one is yours!" My room was the one across from his. "Kitchen is over there. You can use the fridge, microwave, stove, and everything in the kitchen. Make sure to clean and wash everything after using it. The washing machine is in front of the bathroom. The only bathroom in this house. So, remember not to use it too long! Any questions?"

"Is there any market or a place to buy soaps, shampoo, or snacks?"

”Go out, turn right, walk straight. You'll see one! Okay, I'm leaving!"

"Wait! Do you want me to prepare something for work? Or should I start doing something?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter