Chapter 22

As I Am

So you wanted to eat here…why?” Sarang wondered as she and Rhythm sat in Sarang’s go to café. She wasn’t really complaining but when Rhythm had texted her to get together for lunch, Sarang expected them to go somewhere that was lunch appropriate. Not the café that Sarang stopped by at for breakfast or to get a coffee or something if she needed a pick me up at some point during the day. But she’s never thought to go for lunch.

I just wanted to see what made this place so special. And it wasn’t in the mood for anything super heavy.” Rhythm nonchalantly said. Sarang just had an eyebrow raised, slowly nodding her head.

Yeah, okay. So, what’s up with you?” Sarang asked as she took a sip of her iced coffee before picking up half of her turkey sandwich to take a bite.

Nothing much. Just working. I went to Jeju Island the other day for a shoot. It was fun and really pretty. We should go sometime. And what about you? You haven’t been doing a lot, I’ve noticed.” Rhythm said. Sarang shrugged her shoulders.

I’m still doing shoots and commercials but I’ve stopped doing club appearances. I think I’m getting old because dealing with all the noise and crowds are becoming too much. And there’s always so much drama. If I want to be a pediatrician, I’ll have to start cleaning up my act.” Sarang answered after she finished the food that was in . The turkey sandwich was pretty good. She might start going to the café more when she’s hungry.

You too old? You’re 19. Wait till you’re my age.” Rhythm laughed.

You’re only a few years older than me. You’re not that old.” Sarang scoffed. The two girls continued to talk and catch up but Sarang finally got her answer to her first question when Hojoon appeared at their table with a cute, pink cupcake.

“It’s on the house.” He said sweetly when Rhythm told him that they didn’t order dessert, winking at her before walking back to the counter. Rhythm blushed as she smiled down at the cupcake and Sarang just watched with judging eyes.

Yeah, not in the mood for super heavy. Hojoon must be a twig then or something.” Sarang lightly chuckled, her smile growing more mischievous when Rhythm muttered an embarrassed ‘shut up’.

The next day, Sarang was up bright and early. Jiwoo had called her the night before, asking if he was really going to see her and had let out a cheer when she said yes.

“Sorry about that. We had to do a little compromise so I could get him to brush his teeth.” Sanggyun sheepishly explained when he got his phone back. Sarang just smiled at this.

“It’s fine. I’m just as excited to see him. You might need to go, though, it sounds like he’s causing havoc.” Sarang laughed as she heard Jiwoo running around the apartment, Taeyang trying to calm him down.

“Yeah, you’re probably right. See you tomorrow.” Sarang repeated his ‘see you tomorrow’ before hanging up. Sarang giggled to herself at the memory as she braided her hair into one braid, too lazy to run a straightener through it or do loose curls. Besides, her hair was going to get done later on in the day so the braid would be a nice break for her hair.

Once Sarang was done getting ready, she grabbed the car seat that she kept in the living room when she didn’t have Jiwoo and headed out to her car. She sent Sanggyun a quick text to let him know that she was on her way before driving over. Once at the apartment complex, she headed up to their floor and stopped in front of their apartment. Sarang laughed as she heard Jiwoo happily dancing around inside, singing whatever song that was currently popular. With one quick knock to the door, it caused Jiwoo to stop singing and loudly announce that Sarang was there.

“Hey! Sorry, he’s really looking forward to today.” Sanggyun said once he opened the door. Sarang just smiled and waved away his explanation.

“It’s fine.” She assured him, bowing slightly when Sanggyun invited her in. She could see that Jiwoo was the only one actually ready for the day, his hair nice and neat and in clothes that hadn’t been slept in. Sanggyun and Taeyang still had bed head and Taeyang’s clothes were all rumpled. Sanggyun’s clothes didn’t look as wrinkled but still weren’t something that seemed proper for what he and Taeyang were needing to do that day. Whatever it was.

“Hi, noona!” Jiwoo ran over and gave Sarang a hug. She smiled at the little boy, giving him a hug as well.

“Hi, Jiwoo! You ready for our day?” Sarang asked, inciting an excited cry of ‘yeah, noona!’ Sanggyun smiled fondly at the scene.

“Okay, let’s start heading out.” Jiwoo nodded his head before hurrying over to his dad and uncle, who had been silent only nodding his head at Sarang. He wasn’t much of a morning person. He gave them each a hug before hurrying over to Sarang who waved at them.

“I’ll call you when we’re done,” Sanggyun told Sarang who nodded her head.

“Alright. C’mon Jiwoo. Let’s go get some breakfast.” The two left, leaving just Sanggyun and Taeyang.

“Why did we have Sarang come this early, again?” Taeyang muttered, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes.

“I didn’t want Jiwoo asking where we were going. If this lunch doesn’t go well, Jiwoo won’t know and I am perfectly okay with that.” Sanggyun explained before heading to the bathroom so he could shower while Taeyang returned back to his bed to get a couple more hours of sleep.

Later on, Sarang and Jiwoo were currently on their way to the zoo when ringing cut off the music that the two had been singing along to.

“Awww, they threw off my groove,” Sarang mumbled to herself before pressing a button on her steering wheel to answer the call.

“Hello?” “Sarang, remember that shoot for that wine that was at 5 today?”

“I do. What’s up, Hyun Ho oppa?” “They moved it up.” Sarang sighed heavily.

“How early?” “To an hour from now.” Sarang pursed her lips to hold back a curse, groaning instead. “Noona, are you okay?” Jiwoo asked from the back seat, swinging his legs a little. Sarang smiled a tight smile at him through the rearview mirror.

“Was that a child? Are you with Jiwoo? Where are you?” “I’ll be there, oppa.” Was all Sarang said before hanging up the call. She pulled into the parking lot of a toy store and turned off the car.

“Noona, why are we here?” Jiwoo wondered. Sarang smiled apologetically at him.

“I want you to pick something out, okay. Something came up and we won’t be able to go to the zoo right now. I’m really sorry, Jiwoo.” Sarang explained.

“No zoo?” Sarang shook her head. “But I still get to be with you, right noona?” Sarang nodded her head. Jiwoo still seemed a little dejected.

“I really wanted to go to the zoo with you, noona,” Jiwoo said.

“I know, sunshine. But my job, you know the one where people take pictures of me, it decided it wanted to be a meanie. If we finish on time, we can go to the zoo after. I promise. But right now, we need to go to my job. You can meet my manager. He helps me with my job.” Jiwoo still seemed a bit sad but went along with Sarang. She got out, unbuckled Jiwoo, and hurried into the toy store so Jiwoo could get something so he wasn’t bored at the shoot.

Sarang made it to the location of the shoot in record time, carrying Jiwoo who was holding his toy, while also carrying a bag with a couple more things she picked out just in case the toy didn’t cut it. Hyun Ho met her halfway, ready to take Jiwoo off her hands so she could go and get ready.

“I want to stay with you, noona.” Jiwoo cried when Hyun Ho tried to get him. Hyun Ho and Sarang shared a look, knowing that they were running short on time. Sarang knew how much power was behind her name and if she said jump, she knew everyone here would do so but that doesn’t mean she liked using her power if she didn’t have to and delaying the shoot would do more damage to her and Jiwoo than anything.

“How about you hand me the stuff and hold Jiwoo while they do your hair and makeup, okay. But Jiwoo, you’ll have to come with me when Sarang goes to change her clothes and take pictures. We can play with your cool toys.” Hyun Ho grinned at the boy who clung to Sarang. Jiwoo hesitantly nodded his head, allowing Hyun Ho to take his bucket that held a bunch of toy plastic animals.

Sarang hurried to the dressing room where a hair stylist and makeup artist waited to get her ready. Sarang sat in the chair at their station, Jiwoo in her lap. He watched everything with wide eyes through the mirror. The makeup artist even gave him a small towel to cover his face with when they were applying setting powder to Sarang’s face and hairspray to keep her hair in place.

“Boo!” Sarang laughed at Jiwoo’s surprised yell when she yanked the towel away once she deemed it was safe. Jiwoo grinned at her through the mirror as the hairstylist did some finishing touches.

“You look different, noona,” Jiwoo noted when he took in the makeup applied to her face.

“Is it a good different? Is noona pretty?” Sarang wondered. Jiwoo thought about it for a minute before nodding his head.

“Noona is always pretty, though. But I think noona is prettiest when she smiles.” Jiwoo happily said, earning a smile from Sarang and some coos from the hairstylist and makeup artist.

“You think noona looks best when she smiles?” Sarang asked, Jiwoo nodding his head. Sarang laughed lightly at this, hugging Jiwoo to her. “Okay. Noona will smile more just for Jiwoo.”

Jiwoo eventually had to go with Hyun Ho so Sarang could go get dressed and the shoot could begin. Hyun Ho played and talked with Jiwoo, finally earning Jiwoo’s trust and earning the title of ‘hyung’ from the little boy. While Sarang did her job, Jiwoo would watch, awed by the lights and structures and all the people. Others would pose with Sarang but Jiwoo thought that Sarang did it best, whatever they were doing.

“Noona looks so cool,” Jiwoo told Hyun Ho as the two colored together. Hyun Ho grinned at Jiwoo and ruffled his hair.

“You think your noona is great, huh?” Jiwoo grinned and nodded his head excitedly before leaning closer to Hyun Ho.

“Don’t tell my other hyungs and my uncle and appa but I think noona is the coolest of them all.” Jiwoo whispered as if telling Hyun Ho a secret and in his eyes, he was and Hyun Ho thought that was adorable.

During the entire thing, Jiwoo managed to win the hearts of everyone there. Especially the photographer who hated having unnecessary people show up to shoots but Jiwoo was just too sweet and adorable and the way he and Sarang interacted warmed his ice-cold heart.

“Alright Sarang, this is the last shot so let’s make this count.” A lot of the shots were solo shots for Sarang, the wine company is one that was very fond of Sarang’s modeling work since whatever she modeled for, sold.

“Perfect! That’s a wrap, everyone!” At the sound of that, Sarang let out a deep breath to relax. She looked over to where Jiwoo and Hyun Ho were working to clean up Jiwoo’s things.

“Jiwoo!” Jiwoo looked up at the sound of his name and smiled when he realized it was Sarang calling him. Sarang bent down a bit, arms wide open and Jiwoo ran over to her. Sarang caught him with ease, standing up as she spun him around a bit in her arms. It caused Jiwoo to giggle as he hugged his arms around his noona’s neck.

“Let’s hurry so we can make it to the zoo.” Sarang told him with a bright smile. Jiwoo cheered and the two hurried away to the dressing room, Hyun Ho following them with Jiwoo’s things. Unbeknownst to him, the photographer had gotten pictures of Jiwoo and Sarang and he smiled at his camera. It was some of his best work.

“Go print out these photos and have them done before Sarang leaves.” He ordered his assistant.

As Sarang sat to get her makeup off, Jiwoo in her lap again, Hyun Ho approached her with her phone.

“A Sanggyun just called and asked if you could bring Jiwoo to him.” Hyun Ho informed her.

“Our day is done already?” Jiwoo wondered with a pout.

“I think so, Jiwoo. But maybe your appa and uncle are going to take you somewhere cooler than the zoo?” Sarang suggested, in hopes of getting the boy to smile. Jiwoo just shrugged before leaning back against Sarang and letting out a yawn. Sarang chuckled lightly, patting his stomach.

“Did you get an address or are him and his brother home?” Hyun Ho shook his head.

“They’re at a restaurant. Don’t worry, I got an address.” Hyun Ho handed her a piece of paper with the said address.

“Alright. Take Jiwoo for a second. I’m going to change back into my clothes.” Sarang went to go and do just that and then she was ready to leave, having applied some light makeup as well. She mainly just fixed her eyebrows and put on some mascara and lip tint. Sarang braided her hair back into a braid and then went out to where Hyun Ho was waiting with Jiwoo.

“He fell asleep.” Hyun Ho informed her, carrying a now sleeping Jiwoo. Sarang just smiled a soft smile as she fluffed his hair. The two walked out to Sarang’s car, Hyun Ho buckling Jiwoo into his car seat while Sarang put Jiwoo’s things in the trunk of his car. Hyun Ho and Sarang bid each other goodbye before getting in their separate cars. Sarang put the address into her car’s GPS and followed it’s instructions to get her to Sanggyun.


A/N Comments make my day!^^