Chapter. 9

Stay (Yes or No)

Class ended. Se-yeon, Wooshin, Kogyeol and Kuhn were waiting for you outside. When you stepped out of the classroom, Se-yeon instantly linked your arm and smiled at you. You smiled back, and turned to the boys.

"How was lesson?" Wooshin asked.

"It was good, hard to understand though," you replied.

Wooshin chuckled at looked straight into your eyes. His eyes were so pretty; you could just stare into them all day long. He blinked slowly, without taking his eyes off of you. Then, Kogyeol let out a long, loud sigh and the eyecontact was broken.

"Oh!" you remembered. "Here's your notebook~ I doodled on the back page during class, sorry~" you said sheepishly. "i was bored~"

"That's okay," Kogyeol smiled. "Gives me something to look at instead of daydreaming all the time~"

As if on purpose, Wooshin cleared his throat and you both looked away from each other. While all of this looking and staring was going on, Kuhn was just standing there. Awkwardly. Se-yeon's arm linked back into yours and without a word, everyone started to walk towards the practice room. Halfway up the stairs, Se-yeon left you to quickly grab something from her locker. Kuhn dropped back and started walking next to you, matching his pace with yours. 

"How does it feel to already have two boys liking you? And it's only your second day of school!" he teased.

"Oh shush.. They don't like me~" you replied jokily. "They're just being nice because i'm new."

"Oh..." Kuhn pretended to think. "Just because you're a new girl... Yeah that's exactly the reason why Kogyeol broke up with his girlfriend yesterday. And that's also exactly the reason why Wooshin has your name written is small letters on his wrist," he said with a sly smile.

"Kogyeol had a girlfriend?" you asked. "And lies... Wooshin doesn't have my name written on his wrist."

"Truths. Wooshin does," he replied. "And yeah, Kogyeol used to go out with the girl in your dance group. You know the girl that dances all the way at the back on the second verse of the song?"

You nodded.

"Her."

"Oh." You said.

"But anyways," he continued. "Kogyeol dumped her yesterday morning after your first day at practice. He told her that it was complicated and she wouldn't understand even if he told her."

"Complicated? I hate it when boys say that..." you sighed.

"Yeah well.. But everyone suspects that he broke up with her after he saw you -- and heard you sing and stuff. When she asked him if there was another girl, he just looked away apparently." 

And just like that, false hope began to develop.