Chapter. 7

Stay (Yes or No)

The next morning, you woke up pretty early because you had to take a shower before school. As soon as you woke up, the waft of waffles filled your nose, instantly waking you up. Quickly, you took a shower, slipped on your school uniform and went downstairs. Your mom was washing the dishes and your packed-lunch was sitting on the dining table. You shoved the lunchbox in your bag and forced your feet into your shoes.

"Bye mom!" you called and stumbled down the driveway. 

In twenty minutes you were standing outside the school gate, waiting for Se-Yeon. She came right on time, and you both walked to your first class: leisure study. This was when you could spend your morning period (one hour) studying by yourself and catching up on any work that needed to be done. It was also a time for boys to make sure they didn't get any detentions for not doing homework.

"Ooh~ you're early~" said a voice.

You turned around and it was Kuhn. Again. He smiled a wide smile and flopped down on the chair next to you. Across from you, another boy sat down. He was goodlooking, you couldn't take your eyes off him for a few seconds.

"This is Kogyeol," said Kuhn. "He's goodlooking, right?" he joked.

Without responding, you turned back to your textbook but paused the music coming out from your phone so you could hear what they were saying.

"D'you think she can hear us?" Kogyeol whispered.

Kuhn said in a loud voice, "Of course not, dummy. She's listening to music."

"Aight then. Basically, i was talking to Wooshin yesterday," Kogyeol started. "And he was telling me about her... I dunno her name. And saying how she's good at dancing and stuff and i SWEAR he likes her. Not even lying. One hundred percent sure he's got some kind of crush on her. I don't even know." Kogyeol grinned.

Kuhn just stared at him. After around two seconds, he laughed a crazy monkey laugh and high-fived Kogyeol.

"You gotta admit, though, she is pretty and good at singing," said Kogyeol quietly.

Kuhn just smiled and playfully punched Kogyeol from across the table. Then they both started working on their over-due homework. Se-Yeon was sitting next to you; either she didn't hear the conversation because she was concentrating, or she heard it but just didn't care. You felt a sudden feeling of excitement and imagined yourself as a couple with Kogyeol. It wouldn't be that bad, you thought. He seems like a nice guy.