Chapter. 17

Stay (Yes or No)

Jinhoo quickly stood up and ran out the door. you and Kogyeol stood still until Jinhoo's heavy steps faded away.

"was he okay?" Kogyeol asked.

"yeah... actually no... he's broken, inside," you said. "look, i'm sorry i did that... he started crying and--"

"it's okay," Kogyeol reassured you. "it's fine. you did it as an act of friendship."

you nodded and sank deeply onto the chair. flashbacks of the accidents reappeared and you struggled to hold the tears in. the most ridiculous thing is, Wooshin and you hadn't even known each other for more than a week. it was only the second day but you were so scared that he'd die.

"hey, you okay?" Kogyeol lifted your chin up.

you nodded and he smiled. "my mom was going to take me to the hospital today to see him. wanna come with?"

you hesitated a bit. were you really ready to go see him? what if he forgot who you were? he banged his head pretty hard. what if, what if? but pushing all those mixed feelings away, you agreed and Kogyeol led you out of the practice room.

at least you'd get to miss the rest of school.

the car was waiting outside when you shut the gate. it was a white convertable mercedes-benz; impeccably clean, with no spot of dirt whatsoever. as you neared the car, the outline of a woman became visible. Kogyeol opened the door and you both stepped inside.

"hi honey," she smiled. "you must be (Y/N), right? Gyeol-ie has told me a lot about you~"

you hid behind Kogyeol in embarrassment but shook her hand all the same. she sighed and started the car towards the hospital. Kogyeol and his mom started talking, but you stared out the window and imagined all the things that could happen; all the things that could go wrong.

only a few moments later, you arrived at the hospital. some men dressed in a suit opened the doors and helped you out. as you and Kogyeol walked, you turned around to see his mom talking to a women holding many handbags, wearing a knee-length tight dress and a blue-tooth headset in one ear so she could manage phone calls and messages faster.

'wow,' you thought. 'his mom must be important.'

the receptionist guided you and Kogyeol to the room Wooshin was in. as you neared the room, you heart started thumping faster and you found it harder to breathe. Kogyeol saw and held your hand.

"It's okay," he said, and guided you into the room.