Chapter. 6

Stay (Yes or No)

You and Wooshin skipped outside, only to find that it was pouring with rain. It was raining so much that it was painful when you tried to walk under it. Unfortunately, you were the only one who brought an umbrella. (Your mom told you this morning not to take it, but good thing you did. Phew!) Although you were all set to walk home, you felt bad to just leave Wooshin by himself at school or make him walk in the rain alone.

"Share an umbrella?" you asked, pulling out the umbrella from your bag.

"You sure?" he asked. "i don't mind walking in it."

"Yeah it's cool, c'mon," you smiled.

The two of you shared an umbrella and slowly started walking out. You were holding the umbrella upright but since you weren't that strong, the umbrella tilted this way and that, making you both soaking wet. He just laughed, slowly lifted his hand, put it on top of yours and steadied the umbrella. Suprisingly, he was pretty strong and overcame any strong winds that blew while you walked. His hands were soft and warm, they weren't gripping your hand tightly, but just tight enough so you couldn't move your hand away.

You walked silently for a few more minutes, then he broke the silence.

"Not to pry, but where do you live? You're walking pretty far," he said.

"Oh no! You've walked past your house haven't you... i'm so sorry i forgot to ask!" you felt a slight pang of guilt, but was comforted when he started laughing.

"It's alright haha~ the rain's died down anyway~ i can walk home or ask my mom to pick me up," he grinned.

He walked you right up to your door, said bye, then skipped off with an earphone in his right ear. He swung the left earphone gently around while he walked. You watched him for a few seconds until he disappeared down the road.

"Who's that?" your mom asked.

Slightly surprised, you jumped a little, but quickly recovered yourself so she wouldn't notice.

"He's goodlooking~" your mom grinned. "What's his name? Is he in your class?" she paused. "Oh dear (Y/N), do you like that boy?" she laughed.

"No!! Mom it's not like that. He just helped me today with my dance thingy and dropped he off at home!" you said defensively. Without saying anything else, you ran up to your room and hid under your bedcovers, silently praying that she wouldn't come upstairs to ask any more questions.