Chapter. 15

Stay (Yes or No)

It's been around 30 minutes since the ambulance left, carrying Wooshin. All the staff had left and it was now only you and Kogyeol left on the school grounds. Although you were staring at the ground, sniffling, you could see Kogyeol looking at you from the corner of your eye.

"You loved him, didn't you," he said, gently.

"It's crazy," you half-whispered. "It's only been two days since i met him, and i'm crying rivers because he's dea- injured. He's not dead. He can't be."

"Wooshin's tough. He's survived more than three major injuries. He'll be okay." replied Kogyeol.

"What if he's not okay? I mean, he could be dead right now. The ambulance could've broken down or--"

"Stop. He's okay." Kogyeol insisted.

Tears started falling once again, as you thought about Wooshin. The possibility of him dying was highly likely. The blood! The amount of blood spilled on the ice rink was crazy. If he did survive, he'd be lacking blood. A lot of blood.

"He's okay. I promise." said Kogyeol, soothingly.

Although you knew his promise couldn't mean anything big, you still felt a sense of reassurance and security. He held his arm out and you nestled into him, calming yourself by listening to his heartbeat.

<TWO HOURS LATER>

"Honey? Honey? Is that you?" your mother's voice called.

When you slowly entered the kitchen, she sprang up and threw her arms around you.

"Oh babygirl, i was worried! Why didn't you call?" she whispered softly. "What happened?"

"That guy, the one that you said was goodlooking? He was playing hockey... But... he fell, on the ice rink." Tears started to well up in your eyes. "There was blood everywhere," you cried. "I thought he was dead but the medical people gave him something and it made him breathe again and he didn't open his eyes so i kept thinking he really was dead but then Kogyeol said he was okay and..." you gushed. Taking a deep breath, you said, "He'll be okay, right?"

"Oh honey, of course he'll be okay." your mom said. "Men don't give up on life that easily. I should know. I never told you about your father, did i?"

Your eyes suddenly opened wide and you started to actually pay full attention. You'd never met your father before. There were many theories but your mom never actually told you the truth.

"He was brave. He fought for as long as he could. Ten years! I knew i'd lose him someday; even before we got married. He told on the very first day i met him. He told me about the cancer, how it'd ruin him someday. How our relationship couldn't last long. But i loved him too much. That's what love does to you: it makes you want to do things and be a part of things, even if that small thing will be gone one day. That's what love is doing to you," she smiled.

"This isn't love. How can you fall in love with someone you've only known for two days?!" you cried.

"Haven't you heard of 'Love at First Sight'? That's what it is~ If two people are joined together at some point, you'll feel the pull right from the start."

"If this is love..." you said.

---

"I don't want it."