Chapter 8 - Time Alone again for MinShin

The books and YOU!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It is their 2nd week as a couple. Minho make a leave of absence for a while after receiving a notice from Space and Glitters that they need to postpone his visit to Hongkong as their legal team has to make a final review of their contract but he is on call on very important cases only at the office. He needs time to relax for a while because he will definitely be so busy after the contract signing.

Shinhye on the other hand cannot make the same leave as Minho because she must be on an 'on hand status' with her store and this week is their first on delivery service and the dry run starts this day!

Shinhye is on the phone just to make sure that it will be answered the way they have practiced it this early morning. Deliveries start at 10:00AM until 7:00PM only as she won't take a risk for her riders to deliver on late nights at not so safe places.

The phone rings, it's only 9:45AM. 

'Coffee Tea & Good Reads delivery, good morning. Shinhye here speaking.'

'What a good morning it is hearing your voice, my baby and why are you the one answering your delivery calls?' asked Minho.

'Why are you making a prank call, I thought you were our first service today. You made me disapppointed.' Shinhye pouted as if Minho can see that.

'Who said that I am a prank here? I was about to say my orders when I heard your voice then I thought I made a wrong dial." 

'Really, you are ordering? Shinhye got excited and so are the people inside her store.

'Ofcourse I want to be your first customer to experience your delivery service so that I can make an honest comment after? Don't worry it will be a fair judgement not because the owner is my girlfriend.' said Minho on the other line.

'Can I have that famous Hawaiian double burger and cheese, 2 to go and I want a taste of your French Coffee Vanilla this time, 2.large orders also and 2 large of your twister fries please baby.' added Minho 

Shinhye is all smiles taking his boyfriend's order while punching the food codes at the computer. She didn't know that taking orders is this exciting or maybe because it's Minho ordering but why he is ordering for 2?

'Any additional Sir?' Shinhye asked.

'There's more. I want the owner to deliver them please so that I can make an honest opinion of your delivery personally and a kiss or 2 would do for my freebies being your first customer. Is that too much to ask for? I can't eat all of those also so I need my girlfriend to share them with me here.' Minho is keeping his fingers crossed for a yes answer from Shinhye.

'Is that so Sir? I will tell her that don't worry and 15-30 minutes for your delivery Sir. Will you be paying in cash or card?'

'Cash it is.' answered Minho

"Ok. Thank you for calling Cofffee Tea and Good Reads, have a good day!"' 

Minho was about to ask Shinhye if she will be coming over or not but she already ended the call. Is that a yes or no? She didn't even asked where I live. Did she knows where I live or where my office is located. He is now confused. He wanted to call again but he is being challenged by the situation. He wanted.to know how smart Shinhye is!

While waiting for the delivery he checks every corner of his unit though it is very clean all he wanted is to make a good impression to his first ever girlfriend!

His doorbell rings. He gets nervous all of a sudden.

As he opens the door he already smells her perfume and there's no doubt the one who delivers is Shinhye!

'Coffee Tea & Good Reads delivery.' A smiling rider is at his doorstep. He was frustrated for a while but there's someone coming from behind. Oh oh my Shinhye is really here at my place. This is a first!

'Hi.' she said.

'This is Akiko, one of my Riders.' 

'You rode on his bike?' asked Minho

'No, ofcourse not! You know I don't like riding on a bike. It gives me creepy nerves!' Shinhye is making a frown while hugging herself tightly.

'How did you get here?'

'I drove my car ofcourse.' Shinhye.answered.

'You can go back now Akiko. I'll just get his payment then be back afterwards. Tell it to the others please? Take care on your way back.'

'Ok Ms. Shinhye, I'll go ahead.'  

He gets himself settled on his bike then off he goes!

'Come in baby. I'll take.that.' referring to the food. He saw a container, maybe the coffee are in there.

They settled themselves on the living room and take a sit on the.carpet. While putting out the food and the coffee, Minho ask this, 

'How did you know I live here?'

'I just know' answered Shinhye smiling

'You know I won't buy that baby.'

'Grandma Lee mentioned this place of yours in passing. Maybe she was guessing or so eager to know if I've been here already. That day when we visited her and while you were at the kitchen checking on the food she asked if I always check if your unit is clean and if you have a weekly cleaning lady already because you always complained about having backaches from cleaning this condo every weekend.'

'I don't want a cleaning lady. I want to keep this place clean on my own.'

'You are being stub

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter