Chapter 10 - Meeting the Parks

The books and YOU!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Parks are having their dinner. 

'How's the business Sis. I heard you are already accepting deliveries and small functions. That's a great move! Are you not under staff?' ask Woobin. He is the youngest son of the Parks. So cool and so overly protective of his little sister but he respects every decision she made.

'Doing great right now. We can't go full blast right now on delivery as I have not found yet another rider. The one I hired got into a little accident. He was found drunk driving his motorcycle. He is asking for another chance but his license was taken and he can't drive for a while.' Shinhye looks a little disappointed while talking.

'Hey, don't worry anymore. I'll help you find one. Remember my friend Kwang Soo? He has an agency and he might have one available rider for you' said Joong Ki. He is the 2nd son and so cool but seldom smiles. He is so serious with life. Period.

'I forgot about him. Can you ask him please.'

'I'll call him later, I forgot to bring my mobile here.'

'Thank you big bro2, I love you!'

'So cheesy little sissy.' Geun Suk pinch her nose. He is the eldest. So tricky and always make Shinhye cry by always picking on her but he loves her so much. If there's one who always have a violent reaction on anything about this unica hija, it's him. He exaggerates a lot!

'Mom, it hurts.' Shinhye pouted.

'Geun Suk stop that! She's not a little girl anymore. That's very embarassing if anyone other from our family sees that.' Mrs. Park scolded the 1st son.

Mr. Park is just smiling behind the newspaper. This is happiness for him. The bickering is a sign of a happy family. Being childish like these make him smile. At their age it's very unbecoming for them to be still acting like brats but it's a joy to see.

'Shinhye when can we meet this Minho?' ask Mr. Park.

She was caught offguard and can't answer right away.

'Why dad? He is not yet making a move to meet you and mom?' Woobin takes this chance to pick on Shinhye.

'Woobin ah, you're now on their side neh? Shinhye is about to tear up.

'I was only joking. Hey don't cry baby. You know I hate to see you cry!' he regets what he did. He comes to where Shinhye is seated and hugs her tight. 'I'm sorry.'

'Wobin ah, you are so weak too. Come on guys let's meet this Minho guy who made our sister so sensitive!' said Geun Suk. He thinks it's about time too to meet this special guy on their little sister's life.

'Shinhye, you have not answered me yet,' Mr. Park once again speaks up.

'Mianhe dad. I will ask Minho and will set up a dinner for all of us.' she's thinking that it has to be this week or else it won't happen anytime soon because Minho is due to leave for HongKong next week and he will be very busy after, as in busy as the  true essence of the word!

'Ok then. Stop picking on your sister now. We don't want her to be pressured on her personal life. Boys, we need to go, the golf tournament will start at 10:00AM. Go and change. I'll give you.30 minutes.' Mr. Park stand up but instead to go straight to their room he turn left to where Shinhye is.

'You know your brothers were only making fun of you and not meant to hurt you.' her dad hugs her and kisses her forehead.

'I know dad. You all love me so much!' Shinhye is now really crying.

'And why are you crying now? I didn't know that you are now this sensitive.'

'I am happy dad. I am so overwhelmed with all the love I am getting from all of you. You are always there to support me and help me in everything that I do.'

 'You deserve that because you've been a good daughter and a sister to your brothers. We never had a hard time while you're growing up.'

'Thank you dad.'

'I just hope that the man you will love will give you the same affection and protection as we did. I won't take less where you are concerned Shinhye.' added Mr. Park.

'So much for that, you will be late. Go and change now. The boys will be coming down any minute.' said Mrs. Park

'Don't forget the.dinner with Minho ok? 

'Yes dad.'

Shinhye is looking at her dad who is now climbing up the stairs. How I so love my dad! She thought.

'Shinhye, do you think Minho can still make it to the dinner you are planning? I thought he will be flying to Hingkong by next week.

'I was thinking of having it this Saturday mom. If not this week I can't make him come anytime soon!"

'That was I thought too. You have a very busy man out there. Do you think you can cope up? Just thinking of it, I feel you will be more alone than having him beside you when you need him.'

'By the way, I need to ask you this. Is Minho your boyfriend already? You.seem to be preoccupied these past days and your eyebugs showed you have not slept properly too.'

'Yes mom. We both decided to move it to the next level and It's been 2 weeks. I knew that it was too soon but why should we have to prolonged the getting to know level when we are both single and being committed is also part of getting to know each other better.'

'I only asked but not opposing what you both did. Just be careful of this kind of whirlwind relationahip. The percentage of it being succesful is too low but I am hoping that you belong to that said low percentage so that yours will turn out well.' Mrs. Park is caressing Shinhye's hair while saying those.

Shinhye hugs her mom. 'Thank you mom and I love you so much!'

'Are you not getting to work?' 

'I'll come later. I need to finish some paper works in here. Our stocks need a triple inventory by this weekend and I'll order in advance too.'

'There's so much ahead of you dear. Don't push yourself too hard. Do you need more money to increase your capital?'

'No mom. I still have so much from what you and dad gave me. Thank you.'

'Ok. Just don't hesitate to ask.'

'Don't worry everything is still under control.'

'I'll be heading up. I'll help your dad to get ready.' Mrs. Park is wondering what is taking the boys so long to get down.

Shinhye just finish her now so cold coffee then go to her room. She forgot her phone too and when she opens her door there's a non-stop ringing from her bedside table and she runs for it!

'Hello,' wirhout looking at the caller.

'Baby, where have you been. I was calling for about an hour now. I am so worried!' Minho is on the line.

'I'm sorry I forgot my phone here a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter