Chapter 4 - Let's Get To Know Each Other

The books and YOU!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

While on the stairs leaving for that night run with Minho, Shinhye's Mom saw that seldom smile from her daughter and she even hear her singing taking the steps as if 2 steps at a time.

'Hey there beautiful girl why in a rush? Is there a prince charning waiting at the door or somewhere?' Mrs Park asked.

Shinhye get hold of her steps and look at her mom. How did she know, she thought. She continue going down and kiss her mom and answers, 'I have this new friend whom I met at the store a few times and he is into a night run too every night. He saw me once and asked if he can accompany me?' Shinhye was a bit hesitant for a while if she can really be this open to her mom but decided to take it as it is this early so that she knows she is meeting someone and will be introducing him soon  because if her brothers found out about this she knew they will be at the doorstep anytime soon and will be asking a lot! Atleast she got het mom to back her up.

'A man I guess because if otherwise I won't be seeing that inspired smiles in your face, I won't hold you on that. Just make sure he will be treating you good and will respect you as a woman' her mom added.

'Mom, I guess it's just a friendship for now as we don't even know that much about each other but I will be honest with you that I really want to know him better and he interests me. I am so curious about him because he likes reading a lot. What he do for a living is yet not expressed out loud but looking at him I see him as a professional businessman but I am still keeping my curiosity at hand for I don't want to be taken as too forward for a woman. That would be veey unbecoming of me.' Shinhye about to go and kiss her mom again saying she won't be late but not sure if she will have dinner at home.

'I trust you but don't expect too much even if you find him good. Get to know him better and just take advantage of the friendship' then hug her precious dàughter.

'Bye mom. Sorry if I can't introduce him to you now for he might get intimidated and I still don't know where we stand yet. A night run is just be a simple gesture for a friendship.' Shinhye added.

'I understand. Let him be the one to say I want to neet your family and from there you know that he wants to level up your situation' then pushes Shinhye to the door. 'Don't let him wait up too much. You don't want him to to get a negative impreasion on your fist date?' her mom added.

"Mom, it's not a date' as if Shinhye wants to explain more but her mom already closed the door. She pouts.

Minho saw that and he finds it so cute! He gets out of the car and opens the passenger door for her. They will be heading to the Han River this time to get the feel of the cool night run and maybe talk after while having dinner somewhere at a cozy restaurant. Their attire won't for a candlelit dinner, maybe aine other time, Minho thought. He really wanted to know this lady more and intend to be serious about her. Her passion on books amazed him and what she puts up for a business is unusual than the most and she gets my full atrention of it. Besides being a truly beautiful outside, she haa this good personality too

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter