CHAPTER 14 - Getting Permission for the WEEKEND GETAWAY

The books and YOU!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This is it, as promised by Minho but . . . . . How will Shinhye's family react to this weekend getaway with Minho. Do you think they did not plan this with their friends so that they will not have a hard time getting permission?  Ofcourse they had anticipated it and it will be awkward to Minho asking Shinhye's parents and brothers if he can take her to go out of town with him alone. They asked their friends on this.

'I don't think it's a good idea Shinhye. If I am your mom and dad that will be a BIG NO for an answer and taking into consideration your 3 older brothers, if I am your boyfriend I will get nervous!' said Kristal

'Let's go together then and ask Minho's friends too. It's now a group weekend getaway!' added Sora

'That's right! It's been like that with us remember? It's just that we go with men this time and it's only in Busan and I don't think it will be a big deal with your family Shinhye,' it's Kristal again and this time with a big smile on her face as she is looking forward to see Minhyuk again.

Minho's friends agreed on the girls idea because everyone will benefit from it. They all can go on a weekly getaway and the alone time with them is what's important on this out-of-town plan.

Minho is busy reading a book at Shinhye's place early in the morning and he's been like that for 2 hours now while his girlfriend is busy tending her visitors. Shinhye is just looking at him from what she is doing from the counter. Her POS machine is being fixed and she added an additional one so that if in case the old one malfunctioned again she has another unit to be used and won't be doing the manual posting later. It will be a redundancy of work so might as well anticipate the same concern in the near future.

Shinhye sit besides Minho after and he just look at her then back to what he is reading. He was so engrossed and he can't be disturbed. Remember that this is one of the things he can't change at all, when he is reading nobody can take away his eyes from that book, as in nobody! Let us see how will Shinhye distract this man!

So, I am only of second importance huh? Shinhye thought!

'Hey busy buddy, I am hungry. Can we we eat now please and have that coffee I was telling you about?'

'Baby, there are only few pages left please. Let me finish this then we can eat.' he kissed her temple.

'No, I can't take it anymore and my stomach hurts already. The repair took so long and I was not able to eat my breakfast at all!'

'What? Why didn't you tell when I came in.'

'They arrive ahead of you and they were too early.'

'Ok, let's go. Don't skip meal that's a rule right? I often tell you that. When you develop a kind of spasm in there it will be a part of your life every now and then and it hurts a lot. I am not kidding.'

'I thought you would want to finish your reading first?' she's still challenging herself if she is really on top of Minho's priorities.

'Ah this girl! Are you just joking that your tummy hurts? You think I would want you to suffer with that ache just to finish my reading?'

'It really hurts.' she put her head on Minho's chest and smile.

'Let's go then. Is it ready, our lunch?' he feels Shinhye is smiling. He knows what she's up to from the time she sits besides him. They always talk about how he is when he is reading a new book and maybe she wanted to know how important she is to him. She didn't know that he changes a lot but for good. He knows what's to prioritize in a given situation. When he was still single no one can disturb him while he is reading. Yes it is a passion to him because that's the thing he does more besides running his business but now that he has Shinhye, she is his priority above all, even with work! That's clear for him but he he didn't want Shinhye to know about it yet. She will be pampered with so much attention from him and will always be like that!

Let's see then.

'Let's meet your family. I want to personally ask for their permission for our weekend getaway.'

'Ok. Let's have dinner at home so that we can talk about the plan with them. I'll ask the girls to come too. We always do that and my parents appreciate it more when we tell them ahead of time.'

'I don't want an awkward situation with them so let's see to it that we always have their blessing in everything that we do.'

'I love that. Thank you for giving them the respect. I wouldn't want otherwise because I always respect them too and they are so important to me that even at my age that I didn't have to ask their permission anymore, I still think that as long as I am not yet married they need to know everything that I do because I don't want them to worry. Even with my brothers, at any point that even if it's a girls talk they still listen to me.'

'I know how good you are to them and that is why I have loved you more with that. Even my grandma saw that and everybody that I met that knows you had only good words for you. Sometimes I was thinking if I really deserve someone as good as you?'

'Hey, are we having deep moments here? I don't want to cry because I am very very happy since you were back and I want to linger on it. You are a good man too and we compliment each other a lot. I always think that we deserve each other because we've been good to our elders. Grandma Lee is so good to you not because you are her only grand son but because you've been a good person since birth! She's been pestering you to go on dating and even s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter