Hoseok to J-Hope

The Rapper from Daegu

Kim SeokJin sat in the corner of the room eating his second bowl of ramen while watching his friend Jung Hoseok beat himself up with dance routines.

    “Are you ever going to take a break?” Jin asked, mouth full of ramen.

    “In a minute. Did you bring my ramen?” Hoseok breathed heavily.

Jin’s eyes widened when he realized his second bowl of ramen was actually Hoseok’s. He slurped up the rest of the ramen and got up from the floor.

    “I forgot it upstairs, I’ll go get it.” Jin ran out of the room.

Hoseok ignored the fact that Jin ate his food because he was too focused on his dance routine. He had to get into BigHit, he wanted to be somewhere whether it be in a boy band or backup dancer, he wants to prove to his parents that he made it. After a while, Jin walked in with a fresh bowl of ramen for his tired friend.

    “Are you ready to eat now?” Jin sat down, being careful to not spill the food.

    “Yes, I am.” Hoseok plopped down in front of his doting friend, “Thank you hyung.”

After a moment of eating silently, everything rushed to him in a second. He put his half eaten bowl down and sobbed.

    “W-What if I’m not good enough h-hyung? What if I-I don’t make it? My f-family would be disappointed in me.”

Jin stared at Hoseok in confusion before putting his own bowl down.

    “Hobi, you’ve done an excellent job with your routine, not to mention that you were already in a dance group. You’re going to do great and they’re going to sign you and you’ll be an idol like me. Stop crying because you’re my Hope, J-Hope.” Jin chuckled at his last sentence.

Hoseok wiped his eyes and laughed a bit before nodding.

    “You’re right, I should stop worrying so much. Thanks, Jin hyung.”

The next day, Jin was waiting in the company lobby waiting for Hoseok’s performance to be over. He tapped his foot on the floor in desperation, hoping the best for his close friend. Once the door opened, Jin sprung to his feet and froze in his spot. Hoseok quietly made his way to the anxious Jin, before standing in front of him.

    “So?” Jin couldn’t take it anymore.

    “I’m… officially J-Hope!” Hoseok exclaimed.

Both of them screamed and bounced around like idiots in the middle of the building, ignoring the stares from the staff.

    “That’s so great Hobi!” Jin hugged the horse tightly.

    “I’m simply a backup dancer for now.” Hoseok explained.

    “It’s still better than nothing.” Jin smiled, “Omo I have to tell Namjoon!” Jin pulled out his phone and disappeared to the bathroom.

Hoseok smiled to himself finally on track to being a star. Suddenly he heard the door open and the sound of a thousand people talking at once. In walked in a short blonde male wearing sunglasses and surrounded by bodyguards.

    “Is that…” Hoseok trailed off.

The blonde took off his sunglasses, making brief eye contact with him before entering the elevator and disappearing.

    “That was-”

    “Min Yoongi. I heard he was coming in but I wasn’t sure when since he already confirmed his tour.” Jin reappeared.

    “That’s Agust D!” Hoseok exclaimed in awe, completely ignoring the princess, “You know I always dreamt of being a singer or a rapper.”

    “It’s actually Suga, he’s only Agust D when he hits the stage. No, he’s actually squish, like you.” Jin pinched Hoseok’s cheeks causing the latter to bat him away.

    “Leave my squish alone hyung!” Hoseok exclaimed.

Jin turned his head and squealed, paying no attention to Hoseok anymore.