Trust Issues

The Rapper from Daegu

A month later, Hoseok was waiting in front of his apartment with his entire wardrobe in the two suitcases next to him, thinking to himself that he under packed. Today was the day he was to board a plane headed to London, England, he was just waiting for his ride. Namjoon’s car came into view, stopping front of him.

    “Oh my Hobi!” Jin screamed, jumping out of the passenger seat.

Jin hugged Hoseok tightly, letting a couple of his tears fall.

    “Hyun-”

    “Oh for the love of-Seokjin he isn’t going to die, he’s just going on tour. Stop with the waterworks, baby.” Namjoon pulled his boyfriend off of the already nervous backup dancer.

    “But he’s gonna be so far away! Who will take care of him?!” Jin cried.

Hoseok looked offended.

    “I can take care of myself, hyung! You don’t need to worry about me.” Hoseok tried to reassure his sobbing friend.

    “You’re right, just please take care of yourself and keep an eye on Yoongi. He needs someone to watch over him desperately.” Jin hugged Hoseok again but less tightly.

    “We should get going so Hoseok doesn’t miss his plane.” Namjoon was already loading Hoseok’s suitcases.

The entire ride to the airport was Jin telling him what to and not to do on tour but Hoseok ignored him for the beautiful scenery the last time he’ll see it for a while. Once the entrance of the terminal showed up he began to feel sick.

    “I can’t do this.” Hoseok stared at the airport while Namjoon was pulled out his luggage, “Namjoon please take me home, I can't do this.” Hoseok backed away.

Jin pushed him forward, refusing to let his friend give up on everything he worked hard for.

    “Yes, you can. There’s no turning back on your dreams, J-Hope.” Jin encouraged.

They walked through the airport when they spotted Yoongi’s crew, Yoongi in the center of the group. Sunglasses staring right at the departure screen, paying no attention to his surroundings. His manager tapped on Yoongi’s shoulder, making him turn around.

    “I thought you weren’t going to show up, J-Hope.” He removed his sunglasses to make eye contact with the latter.

It was like the day they made accidental eye contact with each other at the company, now it was intended. Hoseok chuckled to himself when he stood in front of the rapper.

    “Someone told me there’s no going back from my dreams and I don’t want to disappoint him or anyone else.”

Jin stepped forward and hugged Yoongi tightly.

    “I’ll take care of him, hyung.” Yoongi whispered.

    “No, he’s going to take care of you.” Jin replied.

Yoongi looked a bit surprised upon letting Jin go, before smiling softly. Namjoon glared at Yoongi’s manager, only to be met with the same glare.

    “If you hurt either of them, I’m hopping on the first plane to the venue and punching you in the face.” Namjoon threatened.

    “Me? Hurt them?” Shin chuckled.

The intercom went off to signal to everyone that a plane is now boarding, their plane to London.

    “No, I can’t take it. I’m going with you guys!” Jin exclaimed.

Namjoon held Jin back as they waved goodbye to them.

    “Good luck you guys!” Namjoon yelled.

    “NAMJOON LET ME GO! I HAVE TO GO WITH THEM!” Jin screamed.

Jin was thrown over Namjoon’s shoulder, defeating him.

    “I LOVE YOU GUYS, COME BACK SAFE AND HEALTHY!”

Hoseok smiled at Jin’s little scene before he had his passport checked, he was glad he had good friends like them. Once on the plane, he had a nice window seat and was getting comfortable when someone sat down next to him. He could’ve sworn he was going to be sitting alone, then he sighed when he realized it was Yoongi sitting next to him.

    “Shouldn’t you be sitting first-class, Agust D?” Hoseok huffed.

    “Nah, I’d rather like to get to know my new backup dancer. How do I know I can trust you to dance next to me?” Yoongi stared at the seat ahead of him.

    “You’re ridiculous.”

    “I almost got pushed off stage by my previous main backup dancer, as he was fame hungry. Would you push me off stage?” Yoongi raised an eyebrow at Hoseok.

    “I’d rather jump off this plane, I’m not a backstabber.” Hoseok scoffed.

Yoongi stared at Hoseok for a moment before moving to his phone.

    “So I heard your parents didn’t support this dream.” Yoongi casually started.

    “They didn’t think I would actually achieve my dream bu-Wait a minute, how do you know about that?!” Hoseok exclaimed.

    “I may have done a background check on you.” Yoongi sunk a little in his seat.

    “Checking my background would be where I was from and know how many siblings I have, not knowing that MY parents didn’t support my dream.” Hoseok exploded in a low voice.

Yoongi actually looked scared at Hoseok’s anger, maybe he shouldn’t have looked too far into his life.

    “You’re asking how you could trust me, but the real question is how I can trust YOU.” Hoseok glared at the short star.

Hoseok was shocked at the look on Yoongi’s face, eyes wide in fear, leaning as far away from him as possible.

    “Yoo-”

Yoongi left his seat quickly, running down the empty aisle to the first-class cabin, Hoseok knew he messed up. Yoongi sat down in a seat across from his manager, trying to slow his heartbeat down.

    “So how’d it go?” Shin asked.

    “You looked too far into his life. I only wanted to know about where he was from and where he went to school. I shouldn’t have listened to you, I shouldn’t have mentioned his parents. I shouldn’t have!” Yoongi held his head in panic.

    “You said you wanted information so I got you information, good ones too.”

    “It just sounds like I’ve been stalking him. I’m not about that at all.” Yoongi shook his head.

    “Yoongi, why are you trying to be friendly with him? Remember what I said, you don’t need ANYbody and NObody needs you.”

    “But he seems like a cool-”

    “You don’t need anybody and nobody needs you.”

Yoongi shut his mouth and nodded, he almost forgot what happened last time he trusted someone. The rest of the flight went on uneventful, eventually landing in London. As they walked through the airport, Hoseok tried to catch up with the latter to apologize but he kept getting blocked by his manager.

    “Agust! Agust D!!” Hoseok called.

Some of Yoongi’s bodyguards mistook Hoseok for a rabid fan getting too close to the idol and grabbed him.

    “Y-You guys might not of heard b-but I’m Hoseok, I’m the new backup dancer.” Hoseok panicked.

    “Yeah right. That’s not what the PD said.” They started to drag him away as Yoongi walked towards the limo, waiting outside of the terminal.

    “Y-YOONGI!” Hoseok yelled.

Yoongi turned his head to the sound of Hoseok’s panicked voice. He dropped his stuff and ran towards the guards taking his new backup dancer.

    “Um, Hi, Excuse me but he’s part of my crew.” Yoongi managed to reach the guards in time.

    “We didn’t get any confirmation on this.”

    “Yeah I’m sorry. My manager is bad at that. Can you please hand Hoseok over? I kind of need him for my tour.” Yoongi huffed, trying not to show any signs of caring about Hoseok.

They reluctantly let go of the fearful boy and walked away.

    “One minute out of Korea and you’re already getting trouble with the law.” Yoongi growled.

    “Yoongi-”

    “Let’s just go.” Yoongi turned to walk away but Hoseok grabbed his arm.

    “I’m sorry for what happened on the plane. I didn’t mean to yell at you like that.” Hoseok apologized.

    “What’s done is done.” Yoongi pulled his arm away.

Hoseok didn’t see Yoongi anymore, that door was closed and locked, now all he saw was Agust D.