Last Straw

The Rapper from Daegu

The next day, there were headlines and stories being told about them. To make matter worse Hoseok opened the door to Namjoon, Seokjin, and Yoongi.

    “What in the world were you two thinking?!” Jin screamed, pushing the rapper into the room.

    “I didn’t think, I acted on my instincts! If I wasn’t there, the story would have been a lot different!” Hoseok stood his ground.

Namjoon pushed him to sit down on the bed and sat Yoongi next to him.

    “It’s true, Jin. I’m glad Hoseok was there but I wasn’t expecting this to be Shin’s last straw.” Yoongi whispered.

    “Yoongi, is that a bruise?” Namjoon spoke softly.

Seokjin put his hand under Yoongi’s to move his head towards him. There indeed was a bruise near his eye but it was faintly covered up with makeup.

    “He did it to you didn’t he?” Namjoon growled.

Yoongi nodded slowly, trying to keep his composure but once Jin brought him into a tight hug he began to cry in his jacket. Hoseok looked at Namjoon, not with fear or anything but his eyes were begging for help, help for Yoongi. Namjoon motioned for Hoseok to follow him into the bathroom so they could talk in private.

    “This has gotten out of hand.” Namjoon admitted.

    “Hyung, I don’t know what else to do! He keeps getting hurt because of me and I think...” Hoseok paused, “I think I should leave the tour to keep him safe.”

Namjoon made a mental note to never doubt Jin again because he was right, Hoseok wants to run.

    “Even if you leave he’ll still get hurt, it's been that way since he got Shin as a manager. Hoseok, you need to be the bold one right now with this scandal flying around, Yoongi’s gonna need support and someone to lean on. Your image won’t be hurt as much as you’re just the backup dancer who’s dating Agust D unless this becomes another Jimin thing.”

    “This whole situation was caused by Jimin!”

    “No, this whole thing started with “I-I’m J-Hope!” Regardless, don’t run, stay strong because you’re coming with me tonight.” Namjoon poked Hoseok’s forehead.

    “Where are we going?” Hoseok was confused.

    “Korea.” Namjoon smiled, going to join his boyfriend.

Oh boy, Hoseok’s head was spinning in confusion but he trusts Namjoon.

    “He got you flowers? That’s so sweet.” He heard Jin say.

Once he reappeared into their views, Yoongi smiled softly.

    “He’s not my boyfriend, though.”

    “Because Jimin made it hard for you to love again.” Hoseok spoke, making Yoongi’s smile disappear.

    “We should get going if we want to make it in time.” Namjoon walked past Hoseok.

    “But you just got here!” Yoongi exclaimed.

    “Well, we’ve got some things to tie up back home. We’ll be back soon, Yoongi. Come on Hoseok.” Namjoon called.

Yoongi stood up once he heard Hoseok's name.

    “You can’t take him! He’s my bo-backup dancer!”

    “What they’re going to do is more important than dancing with him for one show.” Jin reasoned, “Now how about we try resolving these rumors.”

Hoseok walked out of the hotel with Namjoon only to get mobbed by paparazzi.

    “J-Hope!!”

    “What are you to Agust D?”

    “J-Hope!”

    “Why are you ruining his career?”

    “J-Hope!!!”

    “Are you and Jimin fighting for his love?”

The questions only kept coming.

    “Please, no questions at this time!” Namjoon tried pushing through but Hoseok was paralyzed in place.

Namjoon’s words kept replaying in his head, he had to be strong, for Yoongi.

“I’m Jung Hoseok or better known as J-Hope, Agust D’s lead backup dancer. What you have been hearing is true, I am fighting for his love but I am also fighting for his safety. Now if you can let me through, I have to save my boyfriend because I am his only hope!” Hoseok quickly ran out of the spotlight to Namjoon and they disappeared into a car headed to the airport leaving everyone scrambling. Little did he know Yoongi and Seokjin were watching from the hotel room. Yoongi was blushing profusely while Jin .

    “How’s your life with a little hope?” Jin ran his hand through Yoongi’s bleached hair.

    “It’s a lot better but what are we going to do about Shin?” Yoongi questioned.

    “You leave that to me. Now let’s watch a little tv.” Jin the tv to get their minds off things.

As soon as the tv , Jimin’s face appeared.

    “Jimin, how is this love affair affecting you?”

    “Well, I think this J-Hope, is a J-Nope. I am the only one in Agust D’s heart and I’ll make J-Hope disappear because I can’t believe he assaulted me for wanting to be with my love. Wait for me, D.” Jimin winked.

    “The nerve of this-” Yoongi screamed.

Jin turned off the television and sighed.

    “Everyone’s going after you. Heh.” Jin chuckled nervously.

    “He’s got no jams, why would I want him back?” Yoongi made a disgusted face.

At the airport, Hoseok finally was able to read some of the headlines.

          “J-Hope, Agust D, Jimin love affair”

          “Agust D Dating Scandal!”

         “Is Agust D Playing Them Both?”

         “J-Hope Assaults Jimin for Kissing Lover, Agust D”

     “These are horrible!” Hoseok exclaimed.

    “Don’t read those! That’s like poison!” Namjoon snatched the phone out of his hand.

    “They’re saying I assaulted Jimin but he was assaulting Yoongi!”

    “That’s because Shin took the pictures that way.”

    “That’s terrible.” Hoseok slumped in his seat.

Hoseok really wishes this was all a dream, that Yoongi was safe and just a jerk, but if that was the case he wouldn't be in love.