Persistence

The Rapper from Daegu

Hoseok was on stage staring at millions of people. Every movement he made, they screamed at. He broke out into a dance out of nowhere and people were cheering and chanting his name.

    “J-Hope! J-Hope! J-Hope!”

He felt great, he felt proud of himself.

    “HOBI!!”

He turned his head to see Yoongi falling off of the stage and it wasn’t towards a crowd of people but a black hole. Hoseok ran over and reached out to grab Yoongi’s hand, seeing the pained expression on the latter’s face.

    “I trusted you!” Yoongi yelled, unable to reach Hoseok’s hand.

Hoseok felt Yoongi’s tears hit his face as he jumped off the stage after the older male, ignoring the chanting of his name. Just as he was about to reach him-

    *SMACK*

Something hit the back of Hoseok’s head, snapping him out of his nightmare. He sat up and looked at the clock, his only light source at the moment, 3:28 a.m, then he noticed the bed on the other side of the nightstand was occupied. That’s right, Yoongi decided to sleep there because he was in no mood to deal with his manager again. He pulled the sheets back over himself, hopefully, to get a couple more hours of sleep. On the other side of the room, Yoongi’s eyes were welling with tears. He had a nightmare as well and decided to take it out on Hoseok. He tried to go back to bed but every time he had the same dream.

Yoongi was onstage with Hoseok, who was laughing at something he said. They performed two songs together and out of nowhere, he was shoved offstage. He looked back on the stage and saw Hoseok laughing at him.

    “You’re really a fool, Min Yoongi. It was so easy to gain your trust, you’re weak and pitiful.”

Everyone began to point and laugh at him, he tried to run away but his only exit was blocked by his parents who were disappointed in him for this life choice. He held his head and cried as the laughter increased in volume as Hoseok kept spitting venom at him.

    “You’re pathetic. You’re useless. You’re nothing, Agust D is nothing and Min Yoongi is more than nothing.”

He sat up in bed and covered his eyes, unable to contain himself anymore. His tears ran down his face as that nightmare haunts him. Hoseok isn't like that at all! Right?! Yoongi left the bed and walked over to the door, looking over at a snoring Hoseok, before leaving the room. The next day, Hoseok was running up and down the hotel looking for Yoongi. Shin was quite amused at the sight of Hoseok looking for the idol as he exited the breakfast area to go to his room.

    “He’s quite infatuated with you.” Shin sipped his coffee after shutting the door behind him.

    “He’s not infatuated, he’s probably worried.” Yoongi played with his phone.

    “What I find funny is that you spent most of the night with him.”

Yoongi stiffened for a moment then relaxed.

    “I was in the second bed, unoccupied by him.”

    “But imagine if the paparazzi found out about this? Rising rap star was seen leaving lead backup dancer’s room. That sounds scandalous.” Shin chuckled evilly.

Now Yoongi tensed and stay tensed, gulping at the thought.

    “Now you have more of a reason to keep listening to me.”

    “I’m gonna be late to practice.” Yoongi grabbed his jacket and exited the room as quick as he could.

He ran down the stairs and was almost out of the building when he heard Hoseok’s voice.

    “Yoongi! I was worried.” Hoseok hugged the later before lifting him off of the ground.

Yoongi felt his feet leave the ground and his world started to spin before he could process what happened. Once he was back on the ground, he pushed Hoseok away and chuckled nervously when he saw Shin at the top of the stairs out of the corner of his eye.

    “Hoseok-”

    “Why did you leave last night without saying a word?!”

    “We shouldn’t-”

    “Jin was going to have my head!”

Yoongi grabbed the collar of Hoseok’s shirt and pulled him down to his height.

    “Listen to me you tall bastard!” Yoongi growled, “You can’t be displaying public affection around me. People will start to think things and I don’t want Shin PD to hold it over my head.” He let go of Hoseok.

    “Oh shoot, I’m sorry. I didn’t realize that this is actually real. Heh, almost everything can ruin your career.” Hoseok chuckled, making Yoongi glare at him.

They went to the concert venue and began one of many, many rehearsals. Yoongi didn’t understand how Hoseok could move, he tried copying his moves but ended up getting lost.

    “Okay stop. Can we change the choreo? I’m not getting this at all.”

    “Change it? You’ve only tried it once.” Hoseok laughed.

    “It’s difficult!” Yoongi exclaimed.

Hoseok stared at Yoongi in disbelief before smiling.

    “Well, I guess I’m gonna have to go slow so you can keep up.”

    "You’re dead to me.” Yoongi huffed as he laid on the floor.

    “You only dance when I show up so it’s not that bad, you baby.” Hoseok pulled Yoongi up on his feet.

With that, Yoongi slowly got the hang of the dance and had it memorized by the time of the first concert, all thanks to Hoseok.