He's Human Too

The Rapper from Daegu

Hoseok paced backstage with an earpiece in his ear, ready to go onstage but he wasn’t too confident in his skills at the moment. Any other day he would brag about his dancing skills but he was afraid now. Will people laugh at him? Will they kick him off the tour if he makes a mistake?

    “Cold feet?” Shin walked up to Hoseok.

    “No, my shoes are warm.” Hoseok replied.

Shin stared at him for a moment, with an unreadable expression.

    “No, I meant, are you nervous?”

    “Oh, yes, I actually am.” Hoseok looked out to see Yoongi rocking the stage.

    “Don’t think too much about it. If you do, you’ll mess up and we’ll have to kick you off the tour.” Shin chuckled.

Hoseok gulped, his worst fear was just confirmed. He saw Yoongi finish his song and was getting ready to introduce him.

    “Well, break a leg or don’t, if you want to keep your spot as lead.” Shin walked away.

Hoseok sighed and adjusted his earpiece.

    “Alright, I’ve got a special guest I’d like to join me on stage. His name is J-Hope and he’s my new lead backup dancer!”

Hoseok finally stepped on the stage and he noticed the mixed reaction he was receiving. Some people were cheering while others scowled.

    “Annyeonghaseyo, I’m J-Hope. I hope you take good care of me.” Hoseok gulped.

Yoongi high fived Hoseok to start the dance and they were off, jumping, running on opposite sides of the stage in sync. Hoseok was starting to feel confident again, as they finished the dance by staring at each other before Hoseok joined the rest of the backup dancers as Yoongi started his next song. Once the concert was finishing up, Hoseok was walking off the stage when he heard the chanting of a mix of his name and someone called Jimin? Later that night, Hoseok noticed Yoongi’s pained expression under the moonlight at the park, probably due to the chanting from earlier.

    “Yoongi, who’s Jimin?” Hoseok asked quietly.

    “Yeah who is Chimchim? I haven’t heard about him in a long time.” Shin walked up to them.

    “It’s no one important.” Yoongi stiffened.

Hoseok nodded, not wanting to push the rapper.

    “No one important? Really? Then why were you always conversing with me about him? Jimin this, Jimin that. You were so infatuated with him that you let him walk all over you. For god’s sake Yoongi, he was your-”

    “He’s a traitor! He's no one important to me!” Yoongi turned to face his manager.

Hoseok saw Yoongi’s murderous eyes but there were tears falling from them.

    “Jimin was your-” Shin continued.

    “HE WAS NOTHING!” Yoongi cried.

The next second, Hoseok pulled Yoongi behind, creating a barrier between the idol and manager. 

    “Leave him alone! Just because you’re his manager it doesn’t mean you have to bring up someone from the past to hurt him. If he said this Jimin was no one important then he’s no one important!” Hoseok defended Yoongi.

Yoongi stared at the back of Hoseok’s head in surprise while his manager's mouth twisted. He walked up to Hoseok and leaned in.

    “I don't like you Hoseok and if you continue to act this way, you’ll definitely be off this tour. Injured or not.”

    “Continue what? Actually being friendly towards Yoongi? Well then, you’re just gonna have to fire me.” Hoseok spat, dragging Yoongi into the hotel.

Once they were in the safety of Hoseok’s room, he finally let Yoongi go.

    “Hoseok, why did you do it?” Yoongi’s eyes were still wide.

    “He shouldn’t be treating you so bad. He’s your manager! He's supposed to make sure you’re healthy to go on with activities and cancel them if you feel sick.” Hoseok spoke in a low voice, “And you shouldn’t be fearing him! You’re freaking Agust D!! You cuss in your songs and tell everyone to off.”

Yoongi stared at Hoseok in confusion.

    “B-But your career! He’s going to definitely fire you now!” Yoongi exclaimed.

    “I could always work at a restaurant as the Boy who Defended Min Yoongi.” Hoseok chuckled.

    “That’s not fair Hoseok! Your career is gonna get ruined because of me!”

    “It’s fine. I doubt he’ll be able to.” Hoseok brushed it off.

Yoongi’s shoulders slumped in defeat, feeling horrible about the situation.

    “I’m going to go to bed early tonight since we have another show tomorrow.” Yoongi squeaked, exiting the room.

Hoseok didn’t know what made him protect Yoongi out of nowhere. Maybe it was the way Yoongi’s eyes shined with anger, sorrow… and pain, so much pain. It broke Hoseok’s heart seeing the idol, who always had an attitude, be so fragile. It made him become protective, made him realize that Yoongi was an actual human being, not just an idol.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Who is this Jimin and why did the mention of his name have Yoongi lash out?? Find out next time, er probably not, I'll let him linger for a while.

Anyways thank you so much for reading! Your comments make me smile^^