Reason Why

The Rapper from Daegu

Hoseok laid down on his hotel bed, finally being able to relax. His phone began to ring from his pocket but he really didn’t want to answer it. He let it ring till it stopped, but a few seconds later it rang again. He finally decided to pick up the phone.

    “Anny-”

    “JUNG HOSEOK WHY HAVE YOU NOT BEEN ANSWERING YOUR PHONE?!”

That alone made Hoseok jump off his bed, standing in the middle of the room.

    “H-Hyung, I’m so sorry. I didn’t know it was you calling.” Hoseok gulped.

    “I was just about to buy a plane ticket!”

    “I’m sorry Jin. We landed safely if you were wondering about that.” Hoseok sat down on the edge of his bed.

    “Yes, I was. How was the flight, did you talk to Yoongi?”

Hoseok’s mind flashed back to the scared look on the idol’s face.

    “I don’t really want to talk about it.” Hoseok spoke in a low voice.

    “Oh.. I’m sorry for asking then... I’ll call you later, Hobi, I have to get back to my shoot.”

    “Bye hyung.”

Once he hung up he stared at the floor, wondering why he was so mean to Yoongi. He was just trying to be friendly but it was also kind of personal. The knock on his door scared him from his thoughts that he almost fell off the bed. He opened the door and saw Yoongi standing there, hands in his hoodie’s pockets with sunglasses on his head.

    “Wanna take a walk?” Yoongi spoke quietly.

    “What’s with the sudden mood change?” Hoseok leaned against the door.

    “I...Nevermind.” Yoongi sighed, turning to walk away.

    “I’ll go!” Hoseok grabbed his arm.

Yoongi looked at him for a moment before nodding his head. They walked out of the hotel and to a nearby park.

    “Why are you so bipolar?” Hoseok asked quietly.

    “Whatever do you mean?” Yoongi scoffed.

    “You were like a child on the plane, a parent at the airport and a teen right now.” Hoseok explained.

    “Welcome to my world. Now I want to talk about choreography.”

Hoseok stopped immediately and stared at the blonde hair in the sunlight.

    “I should’ve known that was the only reason you wanted to talk to me.”

    “What else Hoseok? You thought I wanted to talk to you!? No, the time for that was on the plane and you scared me away. You thought I would be a new friend? I’m the one who’s saving your sad little career.” Yoongi growled.

    “Wow, and I thought you were a little different.” Hoseok backed away.

Yoongi pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed.

    “Hoseok, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean that, it’s just-”

    “Save it. I’ll discuss choreography with you tomorrow at practice. Right now I just want to get away from you.” Hoseok turned around and ran out of the park.

Yoongi sat on the ground and covered his face in disappointment. Everything he just said, he heard before. His own manager is rubbing off on him now, his own manager said those words to him. Hoseok shut his door behind him and scoffed.

    “He’s a ty person. I really don’t need to be a part of this crew.”

He spent an hour pacing around his room, wondering if he should go home or keep going. In the end, he decided to go home and went to find Yoongi’s manager. He was about to knock on the door when he heard arguing, backing away from the door. He was about to walk away when he heard Yoongi’s voice.

    “I feel like a jerk, why do I have to keep up this persona?!”

    “This is what you wanted, Yoongi.”

    “But I wanted to be myself as well! I want to be close to everyone around me but you’re not letting me. I didn’t want to do all 14 cities! You’re going to drive me insane!”

Hoseok moved closer to the door and jumped back when he heard a smacking noise. His eyes widened when he heard Yoongi sniffling.

    “Keep in mind that I can destroy your career. I could put out false information on you and start scandals and you’re gonna go home and tell your mommy and daddy that they were right and you couldn’t make it. So you better keep listening to me or your career is gonna go right down the drain. Understood?”

    “..Ne..”

Hoseok covered his mouth and quickly but quietly ran down the hall to enter his room. He looked through the peephole through the door and just as Yoongi was walking by he opened the door and pulled him in. Yoongi looked surprised by refused to make eye contact.

    “I think you can’t trust me because I heard everything.” Hoseok chuckled.

    “You heard everything?!” Yoongi exclaimed.

    “Yes, and I decided that I can’t leave you here alone.” Hoseok looked through the peephole again to make sure the coast is clear.

    “You were going to leave?!” Yoongi screamed.

    “Yes because you were a jerk and now I know why. I’m so sorry.” Hoseok pulled Yoongi into a hug, realizing why Yoongi needed to be looked after.

Yoongi pushed him away and his puffy eyes were now glaring at him.

    “How do I know you won’t release this information to the-”

    “Stop this persona and be your true self for a second.” Hoseok sighed.

Yoongi crossed his arms and stared at him for a minute before his eyes welled up and ran into Hoseok’s arms, crying. He really needed a friend at the moment, and he knew Hoseok was different.