Agust D

The Rapper from Daegu

Hoseok turned his head to latter, confused on how he knows his stage name.

    “Yeah I’m J-Hope. Why do you ask?” Hoseok felt small.

    “Um. Just work your hardest and you’ll do fine.” Yoongi said, not wanting to give out any more information.

Hoseok nodded slowly, not understanding Yoongi’s sudden personality change. Maybe that was actually Suga instead of Agust D, like Jin told him once, he’s almost to Yoongi then. The waitress came back with their drinks, then wondered why they were only two of them.

    “They went to the bathroom.” Yoongi answered without her asking.

    “Oh… so I’m very excited about your concert Agust D-Oppa! I’ve already got my ticket.” She beamed.

Hoseok turned his head away and rolled his eyes.

    “I’m glad you're excited, I’m certain you’ll meet him again too.” Yoongi motioned towards Hoseok.

    “I doubt I’ll see him in the crowd since it’ll be packed.”

    “You’ll never know.” Yoongi took a sip from his drink.

Hoseok looked at Yoongi like he was planning something. Namjoon and Seokjin eventually returned and they finally ordered their meals.

    “I was wondering if you guys left me with him.” Yoongi chuckled.

    “Would you like us too? You can pay, Yoongi.” Namjoon smirked.

    “PLEASE NO.” Hoseok exclaimed.

    “Relax Hoseok, Yoongi doesn’t bite… unless you try waking him up.” Jin took a sip.

    “I’m not that bad Seokjin.” Yoongi pouted.

Hoseok stared at Yoongi in disbelief, it's like he was a different person.

    “Anyway, Hoseok, do you know who you’re going to be a backup dancer for?” Namjoon questioned.

    “My teacher didn’t tell me anything but he should be texting me the details in a bit.”

    “Hopefully you’re-” Jin was interrupted by a bowlful of fresh ramen being placed in front of him.

    “Sorry to interrupt.” Jiyon apologized, handing out the bowls to the males.

    “No problem at all.” Jin immediately reached for his chopsticks.

Namjoon grabbed Jin’s hand and took the chopsticks.

    “Wait a minute before you stick your whole face in a bowl of hot soup.” Namjoon scolded making Jin whine.

She bowed then left so the boys could enjoy their meal. Yoongi blew a little in his soup before pulling out his chopsticks. Once a minute was up, Jin took the chopsticks back and dove in with Namjoon waiting for him to say it burns his mouth. Yoongi finally began to eat and Hoseok could’ve sworn he saw a tear.

    “Yoongi, are you crying?” Hoseok asked, putting his chopsticks down.

    “No!” Yoongi slurped up the noodles he had on his chopstick and wiped his eyes.

    “Aw Yoongi, your first real meal in forever.” Jin pinched his cheeks.

    “Shut up Jin. This isn’t my first real meal!” Yoongi then paused, “It’s the first one I’ll be able to finish.” Slurping up more noodles.

    “You want me to come on tour with you and making you meals like this every day?” Jin chuckled.

    “Then who would make my meals?” Namjoon pouted.

As their little squabble went on, Hoseok felt his phone vibrate. He pulled out his phone and read the message from his now, former teacher. Skimming through the text he found the celebrity name.

    Agust D

    “Sorry to interrupt your little fight but I just got confirmation.” Hoseok announced.

They looked at him anxiously waiting for the news, except Yoongi, who was busy enjoying his food.

    “I got assigned to be Agust D’s backup dancer.”

Yoongi choked on his noodles, making Hoseok pat his back.

    “That’s great, Hoseok!” Jin exclaimed.

    “I’m going to the bathroom.” Yoongi announced, getting up and leaving.

    “Does he not want me part of his tour?” Hoseok started to feel nervous.

    “No Hobi, he’s probably really excited that you’re joining him on tour.” Jin tried reasoning.

He looked over at Yoongi’s bowl of ramen, which was starting to get cold. Over in the bathroom, Yoongi paced back and forth. He pulled out and dialed a number he knows all too well.

    “Shin PD, can you find some information on Jung Hoseok for me?”

    “And why should I be doing that for you since you canceled everything today?” His manager growled.

    “Just please. He’s my new backup dance, you know, the one I have to dance with.” Yoongi stared at his reflection in the mirror.

    “You’re not dancing with him, he’s dancing next to you but to his choreography….. Fine, I’ll do it for you but you better work extra hard tomorrow to make up for it.” With that, he hung up.

Yoongi put his phone away and continued to stare at the mirror. He then decided to enjoy himself a bit and dance in the bathroom. His movements were swift and calculated that he didn’t have to try too hard to look good. He looked in the mirror and saw Hoseok, next to him, doing the same motions as him. He gasped and fell back, realizing that it was just his imagination.

    “Why am I freaking out about this? He’s just a backup dancer, nothing else. I don’t need anyone and nobody needs me, remember that, Yoongi.” He spoke to himself.

Yoongi regained composer and exited the bathroom, ignoring the angry stares of people waiting outside.