Epilogue

Strictly Platonic

Sorry we're late. We're just um... Traffic. Crazy outside,” Bambi manages to lie as she fixes her hair for what seems to be the nth time.

 

She and her boyfriend have just turned up in a cafe near Jongin's place, where the gang has agreed to meet before heading up for his (and a bit of Kyungsoo's) birthday party.

 

Yeah, lots of traffic. It's a traffic mania out there,” Sehun adds with the widest beam to exist.

 

OKAY. Starting to think that maybe it ISN'T the traffic, but I'll take it. Because I don't want to be scarred.” Amber stares at the two, feeling a mixture of disgust and horror. “Again.”

 

Are you kidding me?! I'm loving every single second of this! You guys just had five minutes ago didn't you?” Sandara grins.

 

...no...” Bambi drawls awkwardly as Sehun bubbles, “Totally!”

 

SEHUN!!!!” Bambi scolds him with an unsatisfied frown.

 

Oh, come on, gorgeous. They're well aware that we're at it like bunnies, aren't we?” He lets out a giddy chortle and kisses her temple.

 

Ew. No. Stop. I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit,” Jongdae remarks flatly.

 

How did this happen again??” Kyungsoo questions, trying his best not to shudder.

 

What? The ? That's pretty simple, Kyungie,” Sandara answers, as if it's the most understandable thing in the world.

 

The younger male immediately glares at her. “No, I meant how did they go from being at each other's throats to pouncing at each other like animals constantly in heat?”

 

That would be her fault,” Sehun states, pointing at Sandara.

 

I'm not gonna deny that,” She says with an exceeding amount of pride as she turns back to their wide-eyed friend, “Our little Kyungsoo also contributed to this masterpiece, so I have no idea why you're feigning ignorance.”

 

YOU DID WHAT!?!?!?!?!” Jongdae screeches all of a sudden.

 

Kyungsoo instantly winces at this, but manages to hiss while staring Sandara down, “It was just a little push. SHE did all the work.”

 

We can discuss more about this after we order, okay? I'm freaking starving.” Amber attempts to play the mediator.

 

Please. Don't act like you don't have any involvement in this whatsoever,” Sandara sneers at her with folded arms.

 

I DON'T,” Amber points out in a raised voice.

 

Yeah, you do. You're the ing source. Who shoved our little Sehunnie into Bambi's apartment?” Sandara argues.

 

So, the gloves are off and the pancake is flipped over!” Jongdae comments, giving the the two looks of disbelief.

 

Kyungsoo immediately pinches his knee, signalling him to stay out of it.

 

Are you really going to drag me into this? I wouldn't have even met Sehun if it wasn't for Kyungsoo,” Amber snorts, looking at the mentioned friend.

 

I knew you were evil and conniving from the start.” Jongdae peers at him with disdain.

 

Will all you idiots stop pointing fingers and deal with the fact that we both started liking each other on our own terms?” Bambi exclaims having enough, “You don't need to get analytical. We're crazy about one another, we're dating, we're ing. Comprende? Now, let's order before I eat all of you up. And NO, not in a ual way. Though I wouldn't mind feasting on my boyfriend.”

 

Silence takes over the table as the rest gape at her.

 

Should we let Mr. V know about this???” Sandara questions, a mischievous smirk forming on her lips.

 

Oh, shut up,” The younger one snaps.

 

Should he be made aware that Sehun's officially ruined his sweet little princess of a daughter????” Sandara bats her eyelashes innocently.
 

Do you want to die?” Bambi threatens with fiery eyes.

 

Only by Kyungsoo's hands,” Sandara replies, instantly avoiding her menacing gaze.

 

Don't worry. You've been on my list for years.” Kyungsoo shares a sarcastic smile.

 

The older friend tsks as she turns to another target. “Oh, and Jongdae. Don't be a freaking hypocrite. We all know who made the final act possible.”

 

I was merely giving her advice as a friend!!!!” Jongdae yells defensively.

 

A string of arguments between the four ensue yet again shortly after, to the point that the couple could barely hear anything they're saying. Iona, who was keeping mum the entire time, decides to intervene by becoming some sort of referee in the middle of it all.

 

I love you,” Sehun whispers with a small smile as he tucks a strand of Bambi's hair behind her ear.

 

Finding his soft declaration odd given the current situation, she tilts her head a bit amused.

 

This person right in front of me... She thinks with utmost adoration.

 

Feeling the waves crash within, she's reminded of the ocean that she holds so dearly in her heart. That tranquility and peace knowing she is safe. That thumping emotion of joy for just being in the presence of the sea. That sensation of home.

 

Who would've known that this guy; this wonderful, ethereal, thoughtful, funny, caring, and endless arrays of both good and bad being would spark everything that's been off inside her? From that annoying first meeting to the pointless misunderstandings to a surprisingly smooth friendship, and to who they are right now.

 

He definitely wasn't someone who saved her from her ed up misery. But he's someone who helped in every way in order for her to save her own self. Because he knew that's what she needed. He accepted her for who she is; has even witnessed her in her best and worst. He gave her space when she had to have it, but pushed her out of her limits when the situation called for it. Through and through, she has been nothing but her flawed, crazy self and yet, here he is. Saying he loves her without expecting anything whatsoever in return.

 

Just what in God's flipping green earth did I do to deserve so much? Her eyes start to water at the resonating thought.

 

And then, as if has a life of its own, she utters the much awaited words for the first time, “And I love you.”

 

That day has finally arrived.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

AN: 

Hello and goodbye. Jk hahaha. Thank you so much to everyone who subscribed and read this lil' story of mine. I'm truly honored. Even if there was just one person reading this and appreciating it for what it is, I'd still be happy. But I got at least 28 people on here. So, that's something, right? Haha. Hope you enjoyed the ride! Stay as wonderful and beautiful as you all are! <3