Chapter 21

Strictly Platonic

Will you get the over it already? It's been two months and you're getting on my last nerve,” Bambi hisses while throwing an exasperated glare at Sehun.

 

Ever since the 'intimate' incident, they chose not to let the situation be known to their friends. And that came with a price. Sehun has done nothing but , whether it's mocking her passionate dancing or dropping flirty compliments about her body. It irks her at no end and she keeps asking the heavens why she has to be subjected to such suffering. The teasing used to occur in private, but after a few weeks, his moves became bolder. He knew how much it would piss Bambi off if there's a risk of other people hearing about it, especially if those people are their friends.

 

This time, he's cutting her some slack though. It's just the two of them in the snacks aisle at the grocery store.

 

The gang's summer outing is in a couple of days, so all of them decided to shop for whatever they may need for the trip. Sandara, who wanted to leave the two roommates alone, did everything in her power to divert the others to different parts of the supermarket. Even if it had the risk of getting her head chopped off by Kyungsoo sometime in the near future, she succeeded with zero regrets.

 

What? I'm just commending your nicely shaped chest. What's so bad about that?” Sehun shrugs as a playful smirk forms on his lips.

 

Ugh! Just stop it!” Bambi scolds, hitting him on the shoulder with all her strength, “I swear to God if you make another comment about my s or my , I'm going to hand you over to Kyungsoo.”

 

But that would mean him knowing,” He counters smugly.

 

It doesn't matter. You'll be dead and I'll be happy,” She says through gritted teeth.

 

You're always welcome to view mine, little one.” And instantly, he flashes her an innocent smile.

 

Her head snaps towards his direction as she scrunches her nose up in irritation. “I'd rather ing not.”

 

Come on. You've never been curious? Wanted to get your revenge?” His smile remains as he tilts his head at her.

 

Of course I wanted to get my revenge. By slicing your off,” She sasses with a clenched jaw.

 

. I like it,” He remarks sarcastically while wiggling his eyebrows.

 

She swears that if her eyes could shoot laser, he would've been dead by the way she's glaring at him. Her tone turns menacing as she hisses, “Everyone ing gets it, okay? You think just because you've seen my half body once, you're the king of the ing world. Well, guess what? You're ing not!”

 

YOU DID WHAT?!?!?!??!?!?!?!!” Someone screeches from behind.

 

Bambi's eyes immediately widen at the all too familiar high pitched male voice. “Oh dear God, kill me. Kill me now,” She sighs and massages her temples. “Of all the people...”

 

You've seen her ?!?!?!?” Jongdae shrieks, rushing in front to face them.

 

Half,” Sehun replies casually.

 

Make it louder for the people in the back. I'm sure they want to know what birthmark I have just below my .” Bambi glares daggers at both of them.

 

It's the shape of a cat isn't it?” Sehun discloses in the most nonchalant expression possible; though inside, he's howling with laughter.

 

OH MY GOD, WILL YOU SHUT UP?!?!?!” She yells impatiently.

 

Wait. Did you get some tit action?” Jongdae asks the younger male, ignoring their female friend.

 

What? No! He was nowhere near my , you uncultured freak,” Bambi retorts in a raised voice.

 

Well, I SAW them...if you consider that action,” Sehun answers with a casual shrug.

 

Were they nice?” Jongdae looks at him curiously.

 

Sehun nods with a nostalgic smile as he recalls the brief encounter in his mind once more.

 

JESUS CHRIST!!!!!! STOP MAKING THIS MORE HORRIBLE FOR ME!!!!” Bambi shouts in dismay. She's convinced she'll be rushed to the nearest mental asylum after this.

 

What exactly is going on??” Amber asks, cautiously joining them.

 

Sehun eye-ed Bambi's entire body and they're practically dating now,” Jongdae responds in one breath.

 

THE WE'RE NOT.” Bambi hits the back of his neck as hard as she can.

 

Amber's gaze turns to Sehun. “Wait, what? You saw her ?”

 

Half,” He replies aloofly.

 

Amber only scoffs in disbelief.

 

I can hear you guys all the way in aisle ten. Who's dating?” Kyungsoo questions as he throws a couple of sunscreens in the cart Bambi's currently gripping in anger.

 

Sehun and Bambi!!” Jongdae whines with a childish pout.

 

What?!” Kyungsoo snaps as his eyes widen at the two loftmates.

 

We're not,” Bambi snarls with pursed lips.

 

Then explain the viewing of the body!!” Jongdae exclaims, stomping his feet like a spoiled brat.

 

Half,” Sehun interjects.

 

So what? I've seen Bambi fully ,” Kyungsoo reveals with a poker face.

 

Bambi furrows her eyebrows at him. “We were kids, Kyungsoo.”

 

That still counts. I know what color your s are,” He argues, making a face.

 

HAS EVERYONE WITHIN MY VICINITY GONE COMPLETELY INSANE?!?!?!?!?” She screams, running her hands through her hair.

 

Not really,” Sandara chimes in finally skipping their way, completely clueless to the situation, “Enlighten me.”

 

Sehun's seen Bambi and Jongdae can't keep his peepee still,” Amber answers in the most composed tone possible.

 

HALF!” Bambi and Sehun correct as they exchange weird looks.

 

That's no big deal. We've seen Bambi too.” Sandara glances at Amber as she continues, “Since we're girls, I know it's a whole different story but you know...we're THAT close.”

 

I've seen her too,” Kyungsoo asserts.

 

We were 6, Kyungsoo.” Amber frowns with furrowed eyebrows.

 

I still know what color her s are,” He points out defensively.

 

Will you STOP mentioning my s in the middle of a ing supermarket?!?!?!?” Bambi glowers at him and wrinkles her nose in annoyance.

 

Well, I didn't start this obscene fiasco.” He shrugs, dismissing her protest.

 

Hold the up. So, if Amber and Dara have seen Bambi and you have seen child Bambi and you...” Jongdae glances at Kyungsoo and then at Sehun. “...have the latest update on what her --”

 

Half ,” Sehun interrupts.

 

WHATEVER,” Jongdae snaps and continues, “On what her half body looks like...then I'M the only loser here who hasn't seen ? And I've been here longer than HIM????” He proceeds to point at the youngest among them accusingly.

 

It's not a competition, Dae,” Amber offers soothingly.

 

Well, yeah. But it sure feels unfair.” He frowns like a neglected child as his eyes meet Bambi's. “Show me it when we get home.”

 

NO!” She protests with utmost disgust, “ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR ING MIND??!?!”

 

Then send me a picture. That'll cut it,” He proposes, feeling hopeful.

 

NO!!! THAT'S WORSE!” She shouts, growing even more livid by the second.

 

He only pouts unpleased, knowing if he says anymore, she'll probably flip out. Instead, he mentally notes to mention it another day when she's in a much more pleasant mood.

 

So Sehun, how would you rate Bambi's body from one to ten?” Sandara asks with a sickly sweet beam.

 

REALLY??????” Bambi forces a smile, reminding herself to keep a level head and calm composure despite displaying the opposite just a few seconds ago.

 

I wouldn't really limit her body to that scale,” Sehun answers with much thought.

 

REALLY?” Sandara jeers as a mischievous grin creeps up . “One to a hundred?”

 

No, I meant like her body's more than just a measly objectifiable rating,” Sehun clarifies.

 

Sandara stays silent for a moment and ponders on his reponse. “...what?”

 

I get it,” Amber affirms with a faint smile.

 

I don't,” Jongdae remarks annoyed, “What the hell does he mean? I feel like he's talking about quantum physics or something.”

 

Just leave it.” Kyungsoo lets out a sharp sigh and waves at his roommate dismissively. “We need to get going too.”

 

He proceeds to take the cart from Bambi's grip and push it towards the nearest counter. The rest remain quiet as they follow behind him one by one.

 

Can you just flash me one of your s? I swear I won't bother you after that,” Jongdae coaxes with a childish pout.

 

Bambi, who is standing in front of him and behind Kyungsoo by the counter, immediately an eyebrow at him and glowers.

 

You're right. Maybe next time.” He clears his throat and avoids her fiery eyes.

 

Don't worry. I'll take care of him,” Kyungsoo whispers comfortingly.

 

A satisfied grin forms on her lips as she chirps, “I love you, you know that, right?”

 

Okay, let's not get carried away.” Kyungsoo widens his eyes, making an uneasy face.

 

She ignores his light warning as she links arms with him and snuggles up to his shoulder.

 

Will you stop holding the line up? It's getting crowded here,” Sehun chides, tapping his foot behind Jongdae with a sour expression.

 

The two best friends instantly glare back at him.

 

Well, aren't you cranky for someone who's just admitted that Bambi's body is a wonderland?” Amber teases with an innocent smile.

 

Was that what he said???” Sandara questions, thinking about it carefully. “...OHHHHHHHHH...”

 

Sehun turns to both female friends and explains firmly, “What? I didn't say that. I was just saying that we shouldn't be objectfying womens' bodies.”

 

Sure, you did,” Amber remarks sarcastically, “And Jongdae isn't a bastard who's willing to go as far as seeing his own friend's s to find his release.”

 

He pulls an unpleased face at her statement and then looks away with a deep sigh. He knows there's no use in trying to contradict her pesky notion in a public place.

 

Have we switched souls or something? 'Cause that's kind of my job.” Sandara snorts, observing the now half-troubled, half-annoyed Sehun.

 

Amber merely furrows her eyebrows at the older one incredulously and laughs.

 

What are they going on about at the back??” Jongdae questions, trying to decipher why Amber and Sandara are giggling behind Sehun.

 

None of your business. Just like how Bambi's body isn't yours,” Kyungsoo snaps.

 

He stares back at him frightened. “Are you going to go psycho killer on me later?”

 

Not if you don't behave, I won't.” Kyungsoo snorts.

 

I can file this as domestic abuse,” Jongdae counters.

 

Not if I stand as a witness,” Bambi quips, batting her eyelashes at him innocently.

 

For the record, I ing hate you both,” Jongdae mumbles with a defeated expression.

 

We know.” The two shrug with happy smiles.

 

The rest of the checkout sails smoothly, thanks to Kyungsoo's mildly threatening glares and Sehun's reprimands disguised as sassy remarks. Though his mouth stops blabbering nonsense, Jongdae actually spends his time in silence, thinking up of an even more bizarre idea.

 

It involves four people, two carts, and one finish line in the grocery parking lot.

 

Okay, so if we win, I get to see half of one ,” Jongdae clarifies the bars they have set a few minutes ago as he looks down at Sandara happily sitting in the cart he's holding. He reverts his attention to Sehun and then Bambi, who is eagerly bouncing up and down the opposite cart, anticipating the mini competition that's about to happen.“But if you two win, I dance around in the roof terrace and shout 'Kumbaya!' and other possible unecessary...words...”

 

The two roommates nod in agreement simultaneously.

 

Fair enough,” Jongdae declares in satisfaction.

 

Why are we friends with these children again?” Amber blurts out, peering at the four with a questioning expression.

 

Children?” Kyungsoo snorts, feeling rather insulted. “The kids in my class behave way more mature than this.”

 

On the count of three!!” Sandara declares excitedly. “One, two, three!!!!”

 

The two male runners sprint with all their might as the female riders tighten their grip on the cart.

 

We don't know them,” Kyungsoo mutters under his breath.

 

Agreed.” Amber nods as both of them rush to the car with all the grocery bags.

 

Screams and squeals of encouragements from the women echo in the area. Time seems to pass by slowly as their runners dash head to head to reach the finish line. The thin sound of clicking and clacking from the carts being pushed with much force grows louder.

 

Sandara shrieks at Jongdae for him to pick his speed up while Bambi holds her breath and bites her bottom lip out of anxiety. Though the former is the lighter rider, the latter is the one that ends up cheering and jumping out of the cart like a maniac as soon as they reach the finish line.

 

See you in the loft, darling.” Bambi bats her eyelashes at the opposing team's runner, surging with pride. She links arms with Sehun as they skip their way to the car in celebration of their victory.

 

Jongdae sighs sharply with a pained expression. “I should work out more.”

 

You ing should,” Sandara snaps annoyed as she stomps out of the cart.

 

You don't even have a punishment,” He points out offended.

 

Yeah, but I'm just trying to make a ing point,” She counters with a huff and studies his face closely. “Let's go. Your pouty face is making my heart go soft.”

***

KUMBAYA, KUMBAYA! I'M A PRETTY LITTLE GIRL!” Jongdae shouts at the top of his lungs stark . He proceeds to dance with much passion. “AND I HATE MY PERIOD CRAMPS!!”

 

Ah, the sweet sound of victory,” Bambi utters contentedly as she shuts her eyes to revel in the moment. The crisp and fresh air circulating the roof terrace seems to fit her elated mood.

 

Are you that happy?” Sehun chuckles, plopping next to her on the couch.

 

She hums with pure glee and sips on her chocolate milkshake. “Thanks for working really hard to get me to the finish line.” She sends him a sweet and grateful smile as she continues to watch Jongdae carry out his punishment. It doesn't seem to be boding too well for his little junior.

 

Sehun shares a dismissive wave. “It's nothing.” But a small smirk starts to creep up his mouth. “Though I do think my left arm's a little sore...”

 

She looks over at him with concern. “Are you okay?”

 

Yeah, it'll be fine. I just need to...” He proceeds to stretch and flex his arms in a casual manner.

 

She immediately lets out a scoff and raises an eyebrow at him. “Now, you're just being a cocky bastard.”

 

He merely smirks at her comment and continues to show off.

 

Should've never told you about the arms...” She rolls her eyes and folds her own across her chest, recalling the incident.

 

A few weeks back, they happened to stumble upon a random fitness variety show and it involved a lot of able-bodied men. She had no idea what was going through her head at the time, but she ogled like there was no tomorrow. Not only that, she even let out the thirstiest sigh she could possibly exhale in her life. At that point, she might've even drooled, but she need not admit that to herself. Sehun, who was both annoyed and fascinated by her reaction, then asked her what she liked so much about what's in front of them and she answered a breathless (and yes, pathetic), “Arms.”

 

Why? Is it turning you on?” His smirk grows wider.

 

NO,” She denies in a raised voice as she scrunches her nose up. “Now stop flexing like gym rat, you douchebag.”

 

As soon as you stop staring.” He wiggles his eyebrows teasingly.

 

You! Are such! An annoying! Little !!!!” She hisses while hitting him several times on the shoulder with all her might.

 

He only laughs at her attempt to restrain him and retaliates by tickling her.

 

Screams of defiant protests from her immediately fill their surroundings, “Oh my God, no! DON'T DO IT!! STOP!!! SEHUN!!! CUT IT THE OUT!!!”

 

You started it, little one,” He proclaims with a smug smile.

 

STOP IT!! OR I SWEAR I'M GOING TO KICK YOU IN THE BALLS!!!” She demands, panting at the increased amount of poking.

 

He scoffs as he proceeds to pin her legs down by sitting on them. He then gets a grip on both her arms with one of his and continues to tickle her with the other.

 

THIS IS ABUSE!!! STOP!!!” Her laughter grows louder and more boisterous by the minute. “I CAN'T BREATHE!! PLEASE STOP!!!”

 

He abruptly takes his hands off her, but sits still on her legs. “Well, since you asked nicely...”

 

Their eyes suddenly meet and the air turns tense. No words are exchanged. Just plain and simple yet quivering silence.

 

It doesn't matter that they're in a more than awkward position and it doesn't matter that they're only a few feet away from their friends. But what does, in this moment? The logical part of their brains has deliberately shut down on them.

 

Confusion washes over Bambi, but her gaze remains steady. Her heartbeat seems to slow down and speed up at the same time. Not knowing what to do, she mentally commands herself to look elsewhere; anywhere besides him. But to no avail.

 

She gulps as a strange sensation of tranquility sneaks into her system. She doesn't know what exactly is going on, but whatever it is, it feels hauntingly right.

 

Have you guys fallen in love yet????” Sandara interrupts, noticing the unusual atmosphere between the two.

 

WHAT?!” Bambi screeches in panic as Sehun jumps off her. While he pretends to act nonchalant despite the brief moment they just shared, she suddenly turns quiet and feels her cheeks getting hot.

 

Nothing.” Sandara sends them a sickly sweet smile while internally growing giddy.

 

Kyungsoo and Amber throw her a weird look and then gaze incredulously at Sehun and Bambi.

 

Jongdae, who has just finished with his punishment, begins to scold Sandara despite being completely . Telling her not to insinuate such a ridiculous idea into unsuspecting minds.

 

And the rest of the night is spent trying to veer off the odd, lingering caused by the two strictly platonic friends.