Chapter 35

Strictly Platonic

As anyone could imagine, Bambi and Sehun became inseparable after the much awaited milestone of their relationship. Through the exchanges of joyous congratulations and blessings from their friends, it only felt right to spend the rest of Sandara's intimate birthday celebration together. Though they showed zero signs of affection in front of them (hand holding was already enough to make them shy), the two loftmates were surprisingly clingy and mushy in private. It's as if they had a non-verbal contract regarding the matter way before the incident and their instincts just followed as it should. Both just didn't feel the need to be in everyone's faces about it.

 

I just remembered...” Bambi starts as she looks up at Sehun. While the rays of the morning sunshine hit his face on all the right angles, she smiles to herself and tries not to giggle aloud.

 

Mmm?” He softly responds, continuing to play with her hair.

 

Everything about this particular moment feels so utterly right. Waking up next to her without knowing or even caring what time it is and just flat out being with her all cozied up in a warm bed.

 

We kissed,” She states.

 

Yeah...?” He furrows his eyebrows, unsure of where the conversation is heading.

 

And you just the toilet beforehand,” She concludes, holding back a laugh.

 

Hey. Did you not see me gargle that entire bottle of listerine in the bathroom??” He protests defensively, meeting her eyes.

 

Fine.” She pouts defeatedly for a moment before a mischievous smile creeps up , “Were you really that desperate to get with me?”

 

Says the one who kissed me first,” He retorts with a snort.

 

She immediately scrunches her nose up in annoyance, but says nothing in reply.

 

You really couldn't resist me, could you? Even if you were aware of my toilet , you still wanted some lip and tongue action,” He mocks in the most condescending way and he continues cockily, “Can't really blame you though. I'm me after all.”

 

You're pretty chatty for someone who an entire toilet seat,” She sasses, maintaining her irritated expression.

 

What's that? Did you want another kiss?” He teases, ignoring her last comment.

 

Bambi's eyes instantly widen as she warns, “DON'T YOU DARE!”

 

You asked for it first.” He attempts to get a tighter grip on her, but she luckily escapes and jumps off the bed. Quick to react to the turn of events, Sehun follows suit.

 

Get away from me!!!!!!” She screams almost in a giggle as she sprints to the other side of the room.

 

The chase lasts for a couple of minutes before he finally catches her and throws her back on the bed. As he towers over her body, both his arms blocking any possible escape route, a playful smile forms on his lips. He slowly lowers his head as his smile turns into a smirk; and in a flash, he plants several little kisses on various parts of her face.

 

Stop!! Toilet seat er!!!!!” She attempts to shout while squirming her way out of the situation, but ends up weak in a fit of giggles.

 

Is that my new nickname? It's better than head,” He chuckles, showing no signs of stopping.

 

Loud bangs from the other side of the door suddenly interrupt them. The two immediately freeze and stare at the source of the noise.

 

KNOCK IT OFF!” Kyungsoo bellows, clearly not having any of it.

 

HEY! MY CABIN, MY RULES! Leave my lovebirds alone!” Sandara screeches.

 

Incoherent mumbling follows for a few minutes before only pindrop silence can be heard.

 

Sehun returns his gaze to Bambi as he asks, “Where were we?”

 

On instinct, she pulls him closer and plants a big smack on his lips; which abruptly turns into a full-on make out session.

***

Little one????” Sehun calls from the living room.

 

Yes?” Bambi replies from her bedroom in a polite yet playful tone.

 

Are you not done yet?”

 

Almost!” She quickly changes into her pajamas and skips her way to where he is.

 

They had just gotten back from their short vacation in the mountains. Since the trip home was more or less exhausting, each and every single one of them in the gang decided to go their separate ways to rest.

 

Sehun pouts at Bambi as soon as he sees her.

 

What?” She questions at the guilt-inducing expression on his face.

 

Let's have a cuddle,” He commands gently, still maintaining a childlike innocence.

 

She furrows her eyebrows at first, but plops next to him. “Alright, gigantor baby. Come here.”

 

He lightly tackles her into a bearlike snuggle.

 

A chortle escapes as she remarks, “Never would've expected you to be such a cuddly person.”

 

Only with people I like a lot,” He mumbles into her neck while emitting the happiest grin.

 

Some part of her wanted to eye-roll at that statement, but her lips unconsciously cracked a smile. She then proceeds to select their show of choice to watch on Netflix.

 

For hours, they stay entangled to each other with all sorts of cuddle positions. Though there's a brief pause of that along the way because of late night food delivery, they manage to remain attached like a couple of leeches. The idea seems so bizarre to Bambi, because it was never like this with Aaron. Granted that they actually had a lot more than cuddles, she also always felt like she would be suffocating him if she asked too much of the latter. She had to admit that she's enjoying this thoroughly; but for some reason, she can't help feeling a tad ansty ually.

 

Sehun?” She blurts out.

 

Mm?” He responds, preoccupied with the search for a movie to watch.

 

Wanna have ?” She asks casually.

 

His eyes widen as he stares at her shocked. “Are you alright?” He places his hand on her forehead, checking for any signs of fever.

 

I'm fine.” She makes a face and flicks his hand off. “Was just curious, that's all.”

 

We haven't even had our first official date yet,” He points out.

 

Isn't this a date already?” She counters, feeling a little disappointed.

 

Nooooo,” He chuckles, tapping on her nose playfully. “It's spending time with you.”

 

Is there supposed to be a difference?”

 

Formality, for one.”

 

Do we have tooooo?” She whines in a childish manner.

 

Not really, but it'd be nice, don't you think?” He reasons with a small smile.

 

She frowns further as a mental debate commences in her head.

 

Don't be a prick, go on that date.

 

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut y y tiiiiiiimeeeeeeeeeeeee meeeeeeee want me neeeeeeeeeeed

 

Stop whining like a child. One, you are a grown woman and two, the concept of being both AND a child is just wrong.

 

But but but--

 

He has a point too. So, get over it and have fun with your cute lil' chump of a boyfriend.

 

Fine. You free tomorrow night?” She sighs defeatedly.

 

Sure.” He kisses her forehead with nothing but absolute affection. “What do you have in mind?”

 

Dinner and a movie. I've been dying to see Fantastic Beasts!” Her disposition suddenly brightens at the prospect of seeing the newly released movie with him.

 

He nods in approval without any hesitation. “Sounds good. It's a date then.”

 

The rest of night and even the next day fly by quickly; as if the universe considers the couple a top priority. Their first 'official' date goes smoothly and Bambi is left feeling no regrets about her decision to go on it. Instead of attempting to get him to bed the minute they're completely alone, she acted like an actual human being. But of course, it didn't mean that her ual drive dialled down in the least. She's convinced herself she's just gotten better at controlling it.

 

Sehun, on the other hand, feels refreshed that he's now able to go on a proper date with his roommate. Though he was seriously considering taking up her offer of random , it didn't seem right. The conscientus side of his mind scolded him, pointing out that he'd be treating her like the girls he's had several one nights stands with and that's not something he wanted. If it happens, it'll happen after all; just like how everything fell into place at Sandara's.

 

As they walk hand in hand on the mildly busy streets of the city, a certain vibration in his pocket snaps him back to reality.

 

What ya up to?

 

Jongin?????? Is this really Jongin? What the ? Sehun thinks, perplexed at the text he's just read.

 

On a date. What d'you want? He replies, still rather puzzled at the sudden message from his best friend. He's never one to text over trivial matters.

 

In a matter of seconds, Sehun's phone vibrates again and he instantly checks the awaited reply.

 

We're all gathered here at Baek's. You should come over and say hi. Introduce us to your date too.

 

Scratch that. Don't bring her if she's not Bambi.

 

At the club? He glances at her nervously. Will it be okay?

 

Hey. You alright?” She asks both concerned and amused at the way he's looking at her.

 

He gulps as he replies, “Do you want to make a detour before heading home?”

 

She tilts her head confused. “Where to?”

 

To meet my friends.” He shares a sheepish grin.

 

Bambi bursts into laughter and taps his nose playfully. She thought it had been something way more disconcerting. “Of course,” She says, initially holding a bold front before murmuring in a meek tone, “Just remember to hold my hand.”

 

He lets out a sigh of relief and nods as they proceed to walk in a different direction with a slower speed.

 

While they're in no rush to go to the club, the two arrive there pretty quickly. It appears that Baekhyun had taken the day off for business, because it's deserted the moment they enter. Several pairs of eyes instantly glue to the couple as they slowly approach the group of curious men in the middle of the empty dance floor.

 

Bambi takes the time to pinpoint one from the other. Jongin captures her attention, obviously because she's most familiar with him. Then, there's Chanyeol who stands out anywhere he freaking goes with his tall stature (even if they're all seated), matched along with his goofy grin. Minseok is the most expressionless, though he has his head tilted at the sight before him, while Baekhyun seems amused by something she couldn't figure out.

 

Sehun clears his throat nervously and starts, “So... you guys all know Bambi.” He then sends her a look of reassurance as she returns a warm smile and squeezes his hand, letting him know that she's okay.

 

Sure, she's your room--” Chanyeol utters as a mischievous beam forms on his mouth, “Wait. She's your girlfriend now, isn't she?”

 

A chorus of several 'ooooohhhh!!!!'s echo in the room all of a sudden and a boisterous commotion unfolds before their eyes.

 

Jongin comes up to the couple with a huge grin plastered on his face. As he turns to Bambi, he envelops her in a warm embrace and even plants a light peck on her temple. “Congrats! I've been rooting for you two from the start.”

 

Sehun, who's left feeling rather appalled by his best friends unusual actions, yells, “Oy! Get your mitts off my girl!”

 

Jongin sticks his tongue out to agitate him further. “I don't wanna!” His attention returns to Bambi as he asks in a serious manner, “Does this mean you're my best-friend-in-law? Or sister-in-law? It could go both ways, right?”

 

Whatever suits your fancy,” She replies with a loving beam.

 

She and Jongin are actually pretty close, but the low maintenance friends type of close. The bond over their love of sleep is just too strong. Whether Sehun was informed about this or not before doesn't really matter since he's brought into light about it now.

 

You two weren't together back then??” Baekhyun wonders aloud.

 

Back when?” Sehun says as he shoos Jongin away from his girlfriend.

 

Your birthday,” Baekhyun answers.

 

No. We were far from that, weren't we, little one?” Sehun gazes at her while recalling the particular event in his mind. She merely nods in agreement, unsure of what exactly happened for his friend to bring it up out of the blue.

 

The CCTV must've been lying to me then,” Baekhyun remarks sarcastically with a fake smile.

 

Both of their eyes widen as they exchange knowing looks.

 

It was pretty too, I must say,” Minseok adds teasingly.

 

What the hell happened that night?” Bambi questions and lightly hits her boyfriend's shoulder in protest.

 

Nothing special,” Sehun lies, trying to play it cool.

 

I've still got the footage that proves otherwise,” Baekhyun chimes in a singsong voice.

 

You clearly didn't watch it all the way to the end,” Sehun hisses through gritted teeth, remembering Wongeun's appearance later that night.

 

Well technically, yeah.” Baekhyun shrugs and continues, “The camera seemed to have ed up before we could watch anything remotely made for hub.”

 

Oh my God! OH SEHUN! You've got a lot of explaining to do.” Bambi gapes at him in disbelief and folds her arms across her chest.

 

Wifey alert!” Chanyeol bubbles with a wide grin.

 

Bambi merely shoots him her best death glare in response. The controversial topic then ends on that note and the rest manage to steer clear of the matter for the rest of the night.

 

Even if Sehun chooses not to reveal the story right in that moment, he makes it his duty to do so on the way home. It's not a subject he wants to share with others present.

 

After spending a fair amount of time with his friends, he and his girlfriend are the first to leave. As he tells the unfortunate tale of his birthday celebration months ago, she gradually begins to understand the situation. Personally, it isn't a big deal to her at all either. It's something that happened way before she could have any amount of sense to realize her feelings. If Baekhyun could ignore that particular footage for the rest of all their lives, the better though.

 

Honestly? I'm not that surprised. I've always found you attractive,” Bambi confesses in a cool manner as they enter the loft.

 

HAVE YOU, now?” Sehun smirks, feeling both proud and giddy.

 

Yeah, but I strongly denied it for the longest time. Now that we are what we are, is there any point in hiding that fact?”

 

He nears her, wraps his arms around her waist, and pulls her close. “No,” He whispers as his smirk turns into an affectionate grin.

 

See?” She giggles, hovering close to his face. “Actually.... you seem extra y today.”

 

She finally meets his lips and in a matter of minutes, their kiss becomes heated.

 

Please tell me this is real,” He murmurs, out of breath from the brief make out.

 

What?” She blinks at him puzzled.

 

This. Right here, right now. Tell me it's real,” He states, gazing into her eyes.

 

Of course, it is. Why wouldn't it--? Ooooohhhh...” A smile bursts onto , realizing what he means. “How many times have you exactly...fantasized about this?”

 

About you? “Too many times to count,” He reveals, feeling a bit shy.

 

A sudden flashback of memories flood his mind involving all his moments of aroused weakness; either when he was left alone in the apartment to wonder off into a weird world or when they're both present and he can't help feeling by some of the little things she does. Of course, no one can forget about the Halloween incident. That's his favorite.

 

Recalling everything then all at once gets him riled up way more than he should. It also doesn't help that literally the night before she was asking for it.

 

How come you never...?” Her question snaps him back to his senses.

 

Well, little one, I have this thing called self-control and it's not particularly bad to use it once in awhile,” He chuckles.

 

Self-control, huh?”

 

Mmm...which was very hard to use when you sometimes needlessly waltzed around the living room in a tiny towel after your shower or when you bite your lip in deep thought. Or just when you laugh that certain laugh when it's just us two.”

 

As if on cue, she bursts into the laugh he's pertaining to. Feeling rather conscious shortly after the minor hiccup, she covers shyly.

 

You're driving me crazy,” He softly says.

 

When haven't I?” She replies, sharing a devious smirk as their lips crash into each other once more; ultimately leading to their deepest intimate desires.

 

At that point, it no longer matters to them whether things are moving too slow or too fast. When you're that crazy about each other, it shouldn't.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

AN: 

If someone can write for me, then that would be great. Because I can't write to save my life hahahaha. Anyway, hope you guys are enjoying this shebang! <3