Chapter 1

Strictly Platonic

After spending a fair amount of time on the terrace, she decided that reminiscing dark memories wasn't doing her any good. So, what else would be a better pick-me-up other than a Friends marathon and a couple of mixed cocktails to match? The correct answer is nothing.

 

She eventually ended up sleeping on the couch, because she went a little too far with mixing drinks. She didn't exactly consider the fact that she was alone. So, beyond any doubt, she would have to consume everything she made. She cursed herself for buying such a gigantic blender in the first place. Nonetheless, still commended her outstanding mixing skills.

 

The mocking sound of her ringtone instantly wakes her up the next day. Knowing well who the caller is, she answers her phone, “What? What, what, what, what, what, what? What is it now?!”

 

Morning, Bambi the bonehead,” A familiar voice greets from the other line, “Or I don't know, is 11:59 still considered the morning?”

 

It is, Amber,” She replies, keeping her eyes shut, “Now, kiss my and go away.”

 

She hears her best friend chuckle at her sassy retort. “I knew you needed to be alone last night. But it's the next day now and I kind of need to tell you something...”

 

Bambi's eyes immediately shoot open at her statement. But before she could say anything in reply, the doorbell interrupts her.

 

You know what? Hold that thought.”

 

The other line remains silent. She looks at her phone, wondering if her best friend has hung up on her; and almost instantly, Amber's name flashes on the screen.

 

Weirdo. Bambi lazily heads to her front door and peeks at the peephole, only to find a tall and bulky man waiting patiently outside. Wearing a blue jumpsuit with an orange 'Move It!' patch on the right side of his chest, he's surrounded by several labeled boxes, which she couldn't read properly. She decides to open the door slightly, only allowing a section of her face to show.

 

Um...hi. I think you got the wrong apartment. Maybe the--”

 

Are you Bambi Villavieja?” His voice gruff, his tone firm.

 

Yeah, but I don't see how that's--”

 

Please move aside, ma'am. I've got a whole lot of boxes to move here.”

 

But I--”

 

If there are any concerns regarding the moving, you may direct them to Mr. Kim.”

 

She closes the door and focuses her attention back on her phone. “Hey Amber? I'm going to have to call you back.”

 

No, wait! Wait, wait, wait!”

 

What? If this is another joke about a watermelon, I swear to God--”

 

No, no. I just...” Amber sighs, “You kind of need to let that man in.”

 

Bambi scrunches her nose up in annoyance. She heard all that? “What? Why??? Is he a stripper you ordered for me?”

 

HA-HA. He's just--”

 

A familiar buzzing from the door abruptly echoes in the room. She stares at it with widened eyes, knowing well that Bulky McBulk entered the correct passcode for the apartment.

 

I'll call you back,” She whispers to Amber in a hurry and immediately hangs up.

 

In a flash, the burly man from a few minutes ago lets himself in and sends a smug smile her way.

 

Wait, wait!!! Wait a minute!!!!!! Isn't this trespassing?!?!?!?!” She follows him and pokes at his oversized arms.

 

I'm just doing my job, ma'am.” He shrugs her off and carries on with bringing two huge boxes towards the vacant bedroom in the loft.

 

I don't get it! NO ONE is moving in here! Why are you--? Will you just—?!” She spots another man wearing the same jumpsuit carrying more boxes in the same direction. “Who are you?! I don't—this is—ugggghhh!!!!” She grabs handfuls of her hair, trying to make sense of the situation.

 

Hi! You must be Bambi!”An annoyingly deep yet perky voice greets from behind.

 

Her jaw clenches as she turns around. “Yes. And who in God's name are you?” She snaps, taking a good look at the source.

 

She manages to keep a straight face despite his towering stature. She knows from where she's standing, that he's at least twenty centimeters taller than her. But he isn't nearly as threatening as Bulky McBulk since he has a rather slim built.

 

His face, though, is definitely the highlight. Bambi has encountered numerous attractive men in her life, but no one comes close to the man standing before her. He's sinfully good looking. With seemingly mysterious almond eyes, a perfectly chiseled nose, thin but tempting lips, and a jaw that could cut through both metal and glass, she's surprised she's managed to hold herself back from giggling like a school girl. There's just an aura about him that makes you internally sigh in regret for being given a pair of normally functioning eyes. Because no one is worthy of gazing upon this man.

 

No one.

 

I'm Sehun. The new guy. Loftmate. I'm moving in,” He says while flashing a charming and pearly white smile. He then tilts his head and ducks close to her. “Nice eye crud by the way.”

 

His subtle insult snaps her back into reality as she furrows her eyebrows in annoyance. “What?”

 

He retreats, sensing irritation in her tone, but continues to . “It's no big deal. It's a little out of your left eye...” He points the exact place using his own face.

 

We'll get to the eye crud later!” She snaps through gritted teeth, but continues calmly, “I don't remember agreeing to you moving in here. I haven't even met you until today. So, if you could just...NOT be here...then that would be great.”

 

Amber didn't tell you?”

 

She raises an eyebrow and places her hands on her hips. “Oh yeah. Definitely looks like Amber told me. Why else would I be kicking you out of my loft?!”

 

He widens his eyes at the shrill response, but manages to explain, “I was looking for a place and she mentioned you had a spare room. Seeing as I was homeless and had nowhere else to go, I asked if she could hook it up for me and she did.” He shrugs while sharing a sheepish smile.

 

Don't worry about the movers though. It'll be quick, because I don't have much stuff.” He walks past her and heads to his new room.

 

Bambi lets out a long sigh, knowing that she has no choice but to take him in. Out of the goodness of my heart. She rolls her eyes and snorts at the sarcastic thought.

 

She then reminds herself to set some ground rules once he's settled all his things. Just as she's about to turn around and give him a proper welcome, he beats her to it.

 

Oh, and also because you kind of look like you need a shower.”

 

She purses her lips, trying her hardest not to shoot curses his way. As soon as she finds her phone, she types in quickly, “You're dead meat, Amber Liu,” and hits send.

 

Now, all she needs to do is give the landlord a piece of her mind.