Chapter 16

Strictly Platonic

With the New Year comes a whole new chapter and journey. Though the hangover of the holidays weighed in on them for several days, Bambi and each of her friends soon went back to their daily routines and lived life as it should be.

 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!” Bambi hollers in the most boisterous tone possible as she enters Kyungsoo's classroom with an even louder bang.

 

As soon as the clock struck 5 p.m. that day, January the 12th, she zoomed her way from her office to the birthday boy's school, feeling way too thrilled for her own good.

 

Despite the ruckus she's causing, her best friend remains aloof. “You've been yelling that since seven in the morning,” He states while fixing the papers on his desk.

 

So?” She bounces her way across the table and grins with all her might.

 

He finally looks up at her and sends her a questionable glance. “What is it that you want? I still have to talk to a few parents.”

 

Have you forgotten? Standard popcorn tradish.” She pouts and folds her arms across her chest.

 

Every year on his birthday, they drive to his favorite cinema in the city and buy popcorn to munch on the way home. Why popcorn of all the food in the world? Because it's random, it's easy to eat, and it's cheap. Nothing in the world satisfies Kyungsoo more than the simplest pleasures in life.

 

Right. I forgot. Sorry.” He sends her a sheepish smile and continues in a gentler tone, “Wait for me a bit, will you?”

 

No worries, birthday boy!” She bubbles, throwing her arms up. “I'll be in the playground.”

 

He nods, knowing that even if she hadn't mentioned it, he's well aware of where to go.

 

She's always had this strange fondness towards the place ever since she set foot in the school. It's not like she's tiny enough to try out the facilities in it, so he never could figure out why she liked it so much.

 

Bambi then skips out of the classroom and hums a happy tune, knowing that her destination isn't too far.

 

Teacher Kyungsoo's pretty friend!!”

 

Oh??” She halts and turns around at the familiar voice. As soon as she meets the beautiful pair of eyes she knows too well, she greets with glee, “Hey, gorgeous girl!”

 

The young brunette student giggles. “It's been awhile!”

 

I know, right?” The little girl takes Bambi's hand and pulls her to continue on walking the same path. She smiles at the affectionate gesture and asks, “How have you been?”

 

Better than the last time we talked.” She beams up at her.

 

Nearly a year ago, Bambi visited the school and happened to bump into her. Just like the situation now, she had to wait for Kyungsoo while he ran a few errands and she hung around the playground. She and the little ball of sunshine bonded for hours by the swings over their heartbreaking problems and promised to see each other again when they're both in better states.

 

That's good,” Bambi remarks in a positive tone, “Stepdad and mom finally worked it out?”

 

No. He left.” The young one shrugs.

 

Oh no. Honey...” Bambi frowns and squeezes the little girl's hand comfortingly.

 

It's okay. He's happier now,” She explains and sighs sadly, “I just wish I could spend more time with him, that's all.”

 

Why? Does he not make time for you?”

 

He does.” She pouts, remembering all the little 'dates' she and her 'stepdad' had together recently. “It just isn't the same as before.”

 

They both finally arrive at the playground and immediately target the swings. This time though, Bambi decides to pass on swaying alongside her gloomy companion. Instead, she gently pushes her and offers encouraging words.

 

At least you still see him,” She says assuredly.

 

That's true.” The little girl nods in agreement and seems to be in a slightly better mood. She turns to Bambi and asks, “How about you?”

 

I'm also better than the last time you saw me.” She smiles at her warmly, knowing well that a year ago, she was in a much darker place.

 

You do look a lot more sunny than before.” The young brunette studies her face closely and almost falls off her swing.

 

Sunny?” Bambi chuckles, trying to prevent her from moving back further.

 

You know! Happy!” She throws her arms up with much pizzazz.

 

Bambi instantly laughs at how adorable she looks flailing her short arms. “Thanks. You too.”

 

A butterfly then flies near the little girl's face and she almost falls off the swing yet again. Bambi manages to catch her in time and shoos the pesky winged insect away. As she helps her sit back comfortably, she also fixes the young one's now disoriented hair.

 

You know the one thing I hate the most?” The half-irritated girl huffs.

 

What?” Bambi asks amused by her cute appearance despite her anger.

 

Butterflies.” Her irked eyes follow the creature.

 

Bambi's eyes light up in surprise. “Really?”

 

She nods furiously.

 

Me too,” Bambi whispers. Even if they probably have different reasons for strongly disliking butterflies, at least they have a common enemy.

 

Sehun!!” The little girl's high pitched voice suddenly resonates through the cold air.

 

Charlie! You little rascal.” He rushes their way and ruffles her hair with a wide grin. His eyes then meet Bambi's. “Who are you playing with?”

 

Charlie looks up at Bambi and smiles. “The second prettiest girl in the world.”

 

Sehun smirks and jeers, “Is she now?”

 

Bambi only sends him her best glare, mentally reminding herself that there's a child present, so doing something violent won't be the wisest choice.

 

And who's the first?” He asks.

 

Me, of course!!” She giggles.

 

I care to disagree. You're the ONLY pretty girl in the world.” He gazes at her with utmost adoration, but continues, “Well, besides Miranda Kerr that is.”

 

Charlie guffaws at the mention of the well-known model. “Miranda Kerr isn't THAT pretty.” She turns and points at Bambi. “I still think she's prettier. Miranda's third prettiest at least.”

 

Sehun fake gasps and places a hand over his heart. “I'm offended, Charlie.”

 

What's that supposed to mean?” She questions with a giggle, upon hearing an unfamiliar word.

 

It's supposed to mean that he's dumb AND ugly, honey,” Bambi answers as she gives him a sickly sweet smile.

 

Charlie laughs, well aware that Bambi's definition is far from the meaning of the actual word. Despite that, she still remarks in a teasing tone, “You are kind of dumb, Sehun. But not ugly. Anything but ugly.”

 

I only have you.” He pouts and pinches her cheeks while grimacing at his roommate.

 

Bambi furrows her eyebrows annoyed and makes a threatening face.

 

What are you doing here?” He questions, switching to a more casual tone.

 

Am I not allowed?” She snaps, raising an eyebrow.

 

Chill. I was only asking.” He raises his hands in defeat.

 

You two know each other?” Charlie asks surprised.

 

Both loftmates give each other a knowing look and nod.

 

She cleans my apartment from time to time,” Sehun replies with a smug smile.

 

Bambi immediately grits her teeth and hits him on the shoulder. “EXCUSE YOU.”

 

Okay, so maybe she cleans my apartment OFTEN.” His smirk grows wider as he gets ready to sprint.

 

You little--” She balls her fists as he runs away from her. “COME BACK HERE! YOU ASSHAT!!!!!!”

 

She eagerly chases him around playground, forgetting that Charlie's closeby watching, rather confused.

 

And they say I'm a child,” She mutters to herself, shaking her head.

 

Hey, Charlie. What are you still--?” Kyungsoo nears his student as his eyes dart towards the direction of her focus. “YAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

 

Sehun and Bambi freeze at the familiar bellow only a few feet away and slowly turn to look at him.

 

What are you both doing in front of a child?!” He yells, infuriated at their immature behavior.

 

Re...solving...a...conflict?” Sehun replies with a sheepish smile.

 

Bambi instantly makes a face and suspiciously furrows her eyebrows at him.

 

I'm done trying to understand the relationship between you two.” Kyungsoo sends a dismissive wave their way.

 

Friendship. Strictly platonic friendship,” Bambi corrects.

 

Whatever.” He rolls his eyes as he directs a gentle gaze at his little student beside him. “Your mom's waiting, Charlie.”

 

Okay.” She nods and waves at the two standing by the slide. “Bye Sehun!! Bye Bambi!!”

 

She knows my name?” Bambi tilts her head in confusion as they all watch Charlie run back to the school building.

 

You didn't know hers?” Sehun an eyebrow at her and adds, “She's a smart kid, you know.”

 

She shrugs and asks out of curiousity, “How do you know her?”

 

Ex,” He answers shortly.

 

Right.” She nods understanding. “Should've kept my mouth shut.”

 

Nah, it's fine. I visit her once in awhile. It's not a secret. Nichole and I just keep out of each other's way.”

 

She nods again feeling stupid, even if he just assured her of the opposite. Her mind then starts to linger upon the fact that Sehun must be the 'kind of' stepdad Charlie was talking about from before.

 

How big of a heart does this exactly have? She thinks to herself, wrinkling her nose in annoyance. It suddenly occurs to her that there's a lot about Sehun that she doesn't know while he seems to know a lot about her.

 

It's just not fair, isn't it?

 

But then again, you haven't been asking him too much about his personal life.

 

Hey, you nincompoops!” Kyungsoo's irritated voice interrupts her thoughts. “Let's get our asses moving! Since it's my birthday, I know you won't be going against my wishes.”

 

The two exchange knowing looks and nod in agreement as they follow their impatient owl-like friend.

***

The dreaded topic of the New Year's celebration at the Villavieja residence finally revealed itself somehow while Kyungsoo, Bambi, and Sehun head on their way home from the cinema. Although Bambi wanted to cut the conversation short, Kyungsoo had way too many questions to ask about how and what exactly happened. Had Bambi completely lost her mind? Had she been drunk when she asked Sehun to celebrate with her? Was there a hypnotist present during the time of the crime?

 

Then, there was Sehun, who was too happy about being accepted into the Villavieja family. The boy had a tendency to chatter away when in an elated mood. To the point that when all three of them entered Kyungsoo and Jongdae's apartment, he still couldn't shut up about it. The rest of their friends present had to double take and badger her about the details. Sehun heartily volunteered to spill everything and by the end of it, their expressions were unreadable.

 

What?” Sandara and Amber question in chorus, sending the two loftmates looks of disbelief.

 

Oh God. Death. Death. Death. DEATH. DEATH. DEATH!!!! Bambi mentally panics while trying to maintain composure. Someone talk about something else, someone talk about something else.

 

Well, that . Why didn't you invite me?” Jongdae whines with a pout and gestures at the rest who weren't included in the Villavieja New Year's celebration. “It's better than being stuck with these losers at some lame party.”

 

Thank you, God, for letting Jongdae be the that won on September the 21st, 1992.

 

So, did the Villaviejas gain another son?” Amber asks intrigued.

 

Or not.

 

Bambi frowns and glares up at Sehun annoyed. “Pretty much.”

 

Aww! And we missed it!!!” Sandara stomps her feet in regret and frowns. “I miss Mr. and Mrs. V.”

 

Forewarning though: he's the treasured son, so my mom calls him like every two seconds.” Bambi rolls her eyes at the thought.

 

WHAT?!” Jongdae screeches bewildered.

 

Sehun smiles like an innocent child and clarifies, “To be fair, she's calling Kyungsoo more today.”

 

Well duh, genius. It's his birthday,” Amber points out.

 

How come she doesn't call YOU that often?” Jongdae questions, peering at Bambi.

 

They've set some ground rules,” Amber explains on behalf of her best friend, “Bambi hates it when people call her.”

 

Right.” Sandara nods, remembering their friend's weird pet peeve. “Your family isn't an exception to that rule?”

 

No one is. ” Kyungsoo shrugs as his phone starts to ring.

 

Bambi sends him a grateful smile for knowing her so well and decides to change the subject while he answers his call, “So, this New Year's party you guys attended...”

 

Don't even get us started.” Sandara makes a face and rolls her eyes at the memory of the tragic event. “NOTHING compared to mine.”

 

Yeah and everyone kept calling me Jonggadong the entire night.” Jongdae adds and Bambi sends him a questioning look. He stares at her with an unchanging poker expression. “I'm serious.”

 

Believe you.” Her eyes widen as she nods, not wanting to delve into the topic any further.

 

Hey!” Kyungsoo calls, looking at the boys.

 

What?” Jongdae raises an eyebrow.

 

Mrs. V.” The wide-eyed boy whispers sharply as he covers the receiver and points at the phone.

 

Ooh! She wants to say 'hi'??” Jongdae suddenly grins with glee and saunters his way.

 

You too,” Kyungsoo hisses at Sehun and gestures for him to come over. The younger one obediently follows and leaves the girls to discuss among themselves.

 

You know, now that I think about it...if you hadn't invited Sehun over to yours, then he would've ended up with us at that party,” Sandara thinks aloud with a mischievous smile.

 

So?” Bambi furrows her eyebrows, completely clueless as to what she's implying.

 

Nothing,” Sandara says in a singsong voice with a cryptic grin.

 

Bambi stares at her for awhile, trying to figure what she's on about, but decides to shake it off. “What happened to all of your original New Year's plans anyway?” She asks, focusing her attention on Amber.

 

You know how life suddenly s on you sometimes?” Amber responds, looking like she's contemplating on her thoughts.

 

All too well.” Bambi nods in agreement.

 

That's exactly what happened,” Amber concludes with a casual shrug.

 

Sounds about right.” Bambi shrugs as well, not finding it hard to believe.

 

Ahh...look at how happy he is,” Sandara chirps, gazing lovingly towards the boys.

 

Bambi's eyes immediately avert to them as she questions, “Who? Sehun?”

 

No, Jongdae,” Sandara answers with a loud laugh, “His eyebrows are going mental.”

 

So, do they know?” Amber asks her best friend.

 

Do they know what?” Bambi replies a bit confused.

 

Your mom and dad. About Sehun,” Amber explains more clearly.

 

Bambi nods and snorts at the memory of her mom crying a river when they all gathered and talked about Sehun's unfortunate case. “He's not the treasured son for nothing.”

 

I wish I was the treasured son,” Sandara blurts out with a frown.

 

The two best friends give her a weird look.

 

Oh, you know how terrible it is at home.” Sandara waves at them dismissively as she continues to stare at the happy bunch a few feet away.

 

The younger ones exchange looks and nod in understanding.

 

Shortly after, Kyungsoo's phone is passed onto the girls. Bambi's mom manages to catch up with each and every one of them. And just when she's about to say her goodbyes, Bambi's dad flies in like an unwelcome mosquito and cracks unnecessary jokes, which the rest of the gang appreciated. Bambi pretended to hate every single one of it, but deep inside, she was laughing like a hyena. She only liked to indulge in his jokes when it was just the two of them, but when there were people around, she'd rather save herself the embarrassment of cackling like a witch.

 

When the noisy call session finally ends, they all decide to have a good round of Just Dance 2016. Amber suggests that they pair up and play on 'Dance Party' mode, where you can either work together as a team or against each other. Through much deliberation, they leave the pairing up to fate by drawing lots. Kyungsoo wound up getting Sandara as a partner while Amber picked Jongdae, which left Sehun and Bambi as a team.

 

Okay, so who goes first? I vote birthday boy!” Amber announces brightly.

 

The rest cheer along with several 'same's and 'me too's.

 

Wow. You're all GREAT friends,” Sandara remarks sarcastically as she turns to Kyungsoo, “Have you ever even danced before?”

 

I'm a kindergarten teacher,” He replies.

 

Right. So, never.” She smiles sweetly while browsing through the numerous options for them to dance to.

 

Just pick a song already,” He snaps impatiently.

 

Sandara decides on 'All About That Bass' and already the other four are eagerly anticipating what's about to happen. Though Kyungsoo's expression seems calm, the rest know that he's probably thinking up of a detailed and solid plan to murder his partner.

 

I like how it has the subtitles on the bottom,” Sandara says as soon as the song starts.

 

Oh, it does?” Kyungsoo asks as he squints his eyes at the screen, trying to decipher whether or not she's telling the truth.

 

The boy refuses to wear his glasses often despite his impaired vision. It's not because he's a masochist who likes looking at the world in a blur. It's just that he's too lazy to maintain them, with all the smudges and dust and whirlwinds that get in the way. The only time that he actually wears them is during his classes. Otherwise, he wouldn't be caught dead in them.

 

Yeah, you can like read it and then sing the song.”

 

He shrugs, giving up on the conquest to actually understand the subtitles. “That's true.”

 

As the moves start to get more girly, Sandara remarks amusingly, “I hope all of my future employers get to see me killing this.”

 

While the rest fall into fits of laughter, Kyungsoo bites his tongue to maintain his concentration on the dancing.

 

I'm just trying to like...get all of the y back that you can clearly see she's doing,” Sandara jokes, effortlessly getting the steps right.

 

After a minute or so, the song gradually comes to an end and Sandara manages to get four stars while Kyungsoo falls short at three.

 

Was this even a fair match to begin with?” She snorts at the difference between her and the birthday boy's scores.

 

Not really.” He shrugs, already expecting this result from the start.

 

They both take their seats while the other four look at each other, knowing that two of them could be going next.

 

NOT IT!” Bambi shouts before Jongdae or Amber could even utter a word.

 

Damn it.” Amber scowls as she reluctantly gets up from the couch.

 

This isn't fair. Amber works for a recording company!” Jongdae whines with a pout.

 

What does have to do with my dancing skills?” She questions while making a face.

 

You're around idols all the time. They might've rubbed off of you,” He responds in the most serious tone possible.

 

What sense does that even make?” She counters, throwing her arms up in annoyance.

 

It's okay, honey. I can try and distract her for you,” Sandara says to Jongdae with a comforting smile.

 

He returns a wide beam as he and Amber get ready to play.

 

Whatever, I'm picking Chiwawa,” Amber snaps before Jongdae could mentally prepare himself.

 

What? No I--” He decides to keep his mouth shut as the song starts playing.

 

Oh my God. What are we doing right now?” Amber says, following the first ridiculous move and slowly regretting her choice.

 

That's like one of the only moves that I know how to do,” Jongdae quips as his eyes stay glued to the screen, “I can do the sprinkler, I can walk the dog, and I can open the school bus.”

 

The bystanders sitting comfortably on the couch snort at his truthful joke.

 

Why does this seem a lot harder than the one Dara and Kyungsoo did??” Amber questions a bit short of breath.

 

Are those hotdogs???????” Jongdae chortles at the background, utterly entertained.

 

These are some of the weirdest moves ever.” Amber shakes her head in disapproval.

 

It's about chihuahuas????” He huffs out of breath.

 

Well, duh, genius. Isn't that the name of the song?” She raises an eyebrow his way before concentrating back on the dance moves on the screen. “Ow. Good God, my knees are so not ready for this.”

 

They both bend down as they bounce like rabbits for a solid minute.

 

Can you get that Kim K booty?” Jongdae snorts as they get up again.

 

Oh my God, I think I'm dying.” Amber barely manages to say, feeling her lungs burning.

 

After a few seconds, their misery ends and the score is revealed. Both of them achieve four stars, but Jongdae docks a few more points than Amber.

 

Well played,” She comments and offers him a high-five.

 

He gladly accepts as they crash on the couch, barely feeling their legs.

 

Sehun and Bambi then exchange looks and slowly get up for their turn.

 

William Tell Overture by Rossini?” Sehun asks and she only nods a yes in response.

 

As soon as the music starts, Bambi knows she's going to be suffering a whole lot of hell. And as the song progresses, she couldn't be more right. Though the moves are simple, it requires a whole lot of speed, which makes it rather frustrating on her part.

 

Oh, I gotta jump over you?” Sehun says, eyes still focused on the screen as he does what is shown.

 

Oh my God! Wait! Oh my God!” Bambi starts laughing like crazy. “I wasn't expecting that.”

 

As they continue on with the fast-paced choreography, another unexpected dance move tries to throw them off.

 

Oh wait, I'm right here.” Bambi's tiptoes behind Sehun.

 

Get on, get on!” He demands and she does what she's told. As he grabs her legs, he exclaims, “Oh !”

 

, !” Bambi cackles like a maniac, trying to keep still on his back as he trots like a horse as shown on the screen.

 

She gets off him as soon as a new step appears and attempts to maintain a focused composure. The music calms down for a few seconds, but starts speeding up again even faster than before.

 

Wait, oh my God, my face hurts so much from laughing.” Bambi's breath starts hitching as another suprising move comes on.

 

! No, Sehun! Don't kick my face!!” She screams as he jumps over her.

 

Well, this is certainly an interesting dance,” Amber remarks while holding her own laugh in.

 

I think we're becoming better friends, Bambi,” Sehun says, completely ignoring everyone else's amusement.

 

Bambi only sends him a dismissive wave in reply, trying to catch up with the rest of the dance moves.

 

Several spins and jumps later, they both manage to finish in one piece while achieving four stars.

 

God, I'm so unfit.” Bambi slumps on the couch out of breath.

 

Who knew you two would have such good chemistry?” Sandara grins mischievously.

 

Teamwork. That's the better word,” Bambi corrects.

 

High-five!!” Sehun bubbles, jumping up and down happily.

 

No.” She glares up at him annoyed.

 

Not falling for that, huh?” He slumps next to her.

 

Not since you tricked me into this friendship,” She quips with a smug smile.

 

Ouch,” He whines, faking a hurt expression, “Harsh!”

 

Why'd you pick this stupid song in the first place?” She rests her head on Kyungsoo's shoulder, who's sitting on the other side of her.

 

It seemed fun.” He shrugs.

 

Fun, my foot.” She wrinkles her nose in annoyance as her saving grace of a pillow gets up from his seat. She makes a face, but continues to watch Kyungsoo, walking away from the scene and answering a phone call in a quieter part of the room. He seems to be doing more of the listening rather than the talking from her observation. As she continues to focus on him, his face turns from expressionless to relieved, and then to outright devastated.

 

Rather concerned about what exactly happened, she makes it her duty to walk up to him and gently ask, “Hey. You okay?”

 

Yeah, I just--” He runs his hand through his hair as he explains, “Mom called. Siyeon finally settled down. Panic attack lasted a little over forty-five minutes.”

 

That's good! Why do you look like you're about to--?” She says, trying to read his expression. Seeing as his mood's turning worse, she offers a soothing pat on the shoulder. “Hey. Siyeon's fine, Siah's fine. Both your parents are fine. Everything's okay. What's wrong?”

 

I just hate that I can't be there for them, Bambi.” Tears start to fall out of his eyes as he balls his fists. “She also had one this morning and I couldn't focus in class. I couldn't—I just—I wish I was there to make them feel better, do something, anything.”

 

Honey...” She frowns and pulls him in for a consoling embrace. As she pats his back comfortingly, her gaze averts towards living room and she gestures for the rest to come over and do the same.

 

The gang gathers around and starts to envelope Kyungsoo into a big group hug despite not knowing the reason why.

 

Kyungsoo, the twins understand that you can't be there all the time. They're big girls. Your parents understand that too. Weren't they the ones who urged you to move here in the city?” Bambi explains in the same gentle tone from before as she continues to pat his shoulders, “It's okay. You don't always have to be physically there for someone to show them that you care.”

 

Wow. Did those words just come out of your mouth?” Sandara blurts out.

 

Everyone immediately casts a glower at her.

 

Right. Not the point,” She remarks apologetically and focuses her attention back to Kyungsoo, “We can drive there if you want.”

 

Now?” He sniffs.

 

Sandara nods and suggests, “Or fly there... since it's a bit late and I'm kind of lazy to drive. Come on, you know how I roll.”

 

By fly, does she mean...?” Sehun whispers near Bambi's ear.

 

Yeah,” She replies and then mouths, “Private. Jet.”

 

Sehun's eyes widen in shock at the confirmation and decides to keep his mouth shut.

 

That's okay. I don't want to inconvenience anyone,” Kyungsoo says, looking away from everyone's worried gazes.

 

Come on! I think it's about time we visit the Do family again, don't you think?” Sandara looks at the others for some encouragement as she pokes on the birthday boy's cheeks playfully. “Besides, what kind of friends would we be if we let you stay miserable for the rest of the night?”

 

His sad eyes meet hers hesitantly while he surveys everyone else. “Is it really okay?”

 

I'll take that as a 'yes',” She affirms as she grins at the rest, “Buckle up, men and women. We're heading to the seaside!”

***

Would you look at that,” Bambi comments with a warm smile as she watches Kyungsoo laugh and joke with his sisters in the Do family's backyard. “We should've brought him here in the first place.”

 

Sehun nods in agreement. “Look at how happy he is.”

 

She sighs, feeling rather mushy inside, but decides to change the topic, “Where are the others?”

 

Still eating and talking with the parentals,” He answers, gesturing towards the inside of the house.

 

She glances and spots Amber joking with papa Do, while the rest laugh merrily.

 

I didn't know Kyungsoo had such a big heart,” Sehun thinks aloud, mesmerized by the sight in front of him.

 

Out of all of us, he has one of the biggest,” Bambi says with pure pride, “Did you know that half his salary goes to them?”

 

He widens his eyes in surprise.

 

She nods and smiles. “That's how much he loves his family.” She adds, “He wants to take care of the twins' college fees too.”

 

Wow...”

 

They continue to watch in silence, enjoying the birthday boy's joyful quality time with his younger siblings.

 

So, do you have a date for Valentine's?” Sehun suddenly asks.

 

Bambi furrows her eyebrows in suspicion and retorts, “It's literally a month away and you're asking me this now?”

 

You never know.” He shrugs coolly.

 

She snorts at his casual demeanor, “I don't. Think I'm gonna pass.”

 

That's a shame. I was supposed to bring someone 'round the loft,” He reveals, trying to bite back a cheeky smile.

 

She rolls her eyes and complains in the most irritated voice possible, “Just bring her to a hotel, for God's sake.”

 

But it's the peak season for them, innit?”

 

I don't care. Just bring her anywhere besides the apartment,” She snaps, growing impatient of his tendencies, “It's already enough that you bring all sorts of women at least five days a week.”

 

But--”

 

At least make your room ing soundproof or something,” She argues in a raised voice, “They're always so loud!”

 

Well...” A cocky smirk starts to form on his mouth.

 

What are you two babbling about like an old married couple?” Sandara interrupts as Amber follows behind snorting.

 

Bambi instantly glares at her and folds her arms across her chest. She and Sehun answer simultaneously, “Nothing.” She then shoots a glower at him, refraining herself from cursing him out then and there.

 

We sleeping over?” Sehun asks, veering away from the previous subject.

 

Yup,” Sandara replies, “Offered to cook breakfast too, but Mrs. D harshfully declined.”

 

The last time you tried to cook here, you almost burned the house down,” Amber reminds her of the dreadful day.

 

Bambi snorts, keeping herself from bursting into laughter. “It's funny, because it's true.”

 

Hey!” Sandara exclaims defensively, “My cooking skills have gotten better, okay?!”

 

Alright, calm down.” Amber makes a face and pokes her teasingly.

 

Sandara tries to swat her fingers away, but only ends up laughing. “So, does this mean we get to visit both your little homes?” She wiggles her eyebrows at Amber and then at Bambi.

 

I don't know whether to find that degrading or flattering,” Bambi remarks with narrowed eyes.

 

Sandara frowns, unsure of whether she's joking or not.

 

My parents aren't home. So, no visit to the Liu residence,” Amber states.

 

I kind of already texted mom that we're here so...” Sehun shrugs, referring to Mrs. Villavieja. “Expect a visit tomorrow morning.”

 

Oh God.” Bambi instantly massages her temples, thinking about her impending doom.

 

She's MOM to you?” Amber questions him in a raised voice.

 

He nods, confused as to why she's reacting that way. “It's been discussed with my biological mom. She's angel mother while Bambi's mom is...mom.”

 

Interesting,” Amber comments suspiciously.

 

Ugh. I can't believe you told her that we're here! Don't you have any common sense?!” Bambi hits him on the shoulder as hard as she can with an annoyed frown.

 

It's been awhile since some of us have seen Mr. and Mrs. V, so you need to pipe down,” Sandara argues with much sass, “I'm sure they'll be looking forward to seeing their sons and...additional daughters.”

 

Bambi could only groan in discontent, though honestly speaking, it isn't that much of a big deal if her mom focuses on everyone else during the visit.

 

Trying his hardest to read her expression, he pokes her and whispers rather worried, “Are you seriously mad at me, little one?”

 

She looks back at him both amused and surprised. She then shakes her head and pokes him back. “Don't worry,” She assures with a warm smile.

 

Suddenly realizing that they are one friend short in the backyard, Bambi questions the two girls, “Wait, where's Jonggadong?”

 

Dish duties,” Amber replies nonchalantly.

 

Did he bet against Kyungsoo's dad again?” Bambi says in disbelief.

 

Do you have to ask?” Amber snorts as she bursts into laughter with the rest.