Unlike You, I'm Still Confused

One More Day To Stay

Unlike You, I’m Still Confused

 

“What? Your daughter? Isn’t this too fast, Mingyu?”

 

“Isn’t it better?”

 

“Not yet,” she held his hands, “she is still a little kid who needs her Mom more than anyone else. I can meet her, I can. She would probably call me Unnie. Then, wouldn’t it strange if her Unnie have something behind with her Dad? Wouldn’t she tell her Mom that her Dad just met an Unnie, then the Unnie would be the third wheel in between her Mom and Dad. Your daughter would hate me, Mingyu.”

 

“Would you wait for me, then?”

 

She nodded, “I’m trying. I haven’t settle one thing with Jaehyun, so, would you wait for me too?”

 

“Sure. I’ve waited for you all this time, it’s not a big problem for me.”

***

 

Knock. Knock.

 

She knocked Eunwoo’s door, calling Eunwoo and Sihyun’s name but she got zero reaction. Knowing that her sister is a little ‘wild’, she became worried. What if something happened between these two?

 

“No.” she denied herself. “Sihyun is not that stupid. I hope.”

 

After a few seconds, Eunwoo opened the door for Hyunjoo. “I’m sorry, I was in the bathroom.”

 

“My sister, where is she?”

 

Eunwoo opened the door even larger for Hyunjoo to see inside, that her sister was sleeping on a couch, comfortably like it’s her own house. “Should I let her stay, or should I move her to your room?”

 

“Geez, that kid. I’m going to carry her to my room.”

 

“Ah, let me do it instead. It must be heavy for you, though.”

 

Eunwoo was carrying Sihyun to Hyunjoo’s room like he was carrying the bride, carefully placing Sihyun to the bed. “She drank two cans of beer without me knowing, and suddenly fell asleep. I swear I didn’t touch her, Hyunjoo.”

 

She laughed, “It’s okay, I believe in you, Eunwoo. Thank you anyway, let’s meet tomorrow!”

 

She changed Sihyun’s uniform with her comfortable clothes while she was sleeping, then pulled up the blanket so Sihyun wouldn’t feel cold. Hyunjoo doesn’t even know why Sihyun ran away from home, and how she reached Incheon by herself?

 

Next morning, Sihyun was waking up right after Hyunjoo finished cooking the breakfast for them. “Good morning,” the older sister greeted.

 

“Unnie, who changed my uniform?”

 

“Don’t worry it was me.”

 

“Ah,” she walked to the mini dining table that is placed in front of the TV, “thank you. Can I sleep over for a few days?”

 

“No, you have school, stupid. And why did you run away from home?”

 

“Nothing. And I’ve finished my exams, I don’t have anything to do now.” She said, after slurping the soup.

 

“Yah! You cannot just ran away from home, sleep over at my place, eating the soup that I made for you to just say that it’s nothing, Bae Sihyun!”

 

“I broke up with Jongin.”

 

“Wait – what? What? You broke up? With Jongin? Who is he and when did you started dating and how could you broke up? I mean – you changed your boyfriend often, this is not a big problem, right?”

 

“We started dating a month ago? I don’t know… he just suddenly said that he is bored... that’s all. This is the second time I felt like my heart is breaking into pieces, the second time after Sehun did it to me.” then she placed the spoon, stop eating the breakfast. And her voice was weak, like she was holding herself from crying in front of Hyunjoo. “And the worst thing is, Sehun and Jongin are friend, they are not different, and I was just being played.”

 

“Goddamnit, Bae Sihyun! Is that Kim Jongin? The guy who attended the same university as me? Girl, he was dating my bestfriend and did the same thing! That’s why I told you to avoid guys from the club because they are all the same! Look at you now, you are so young but already gave yourself to those boys? Ugh, sometimes I really hate you, Sihyun!”

 

“I know, Unnie, I know. I’m such a …”

 

Right before they broke up, everything was fine, extremely fine. As usual, Jongin picked up Sihyun from school and dropped her to his place. While watching TV, it’s Sihyun’s habit to sit on his lap while playing with his hands.

 

She likes him, she likes him so much. It’s different than the other boys, but the feelings are similar with the one that she had with Sehun.

 

But then Jongin suddenly wanted to end everything, without any proper reason. “Just because. I just want to break up.” He said, saying those things like nothing’s wrong.

 

The girl felt like everything was gone in a second, and she hoped that it was all just a dream. But after few days, she had to accept the fact that Jongin wasn’t there in front of the school to pick her up anymore. No one would text her at the night to say that she shouldn’t come to the club anymore. No one she could call in the morning to make him wake up.

 

Jongin made this girl’s heart broke into a little pieces of right with few sentences. Maybe she was not really something for him, but he was everything for her.

 

Sihyun was crying on her sister’s arms, and it hurts Hyunjoo, too. Seeing how her little sister is actually has grown up into young lady now. She used to think that Sihyun is still a kid who plays around with boys that she doesn’t even know what love is actually. But now, Sihyun is crying over a guy who doesn’t like her anymore when she already gave him everything.

 

And this Kim Jongin guy did the same thing to Hyunjoo’s bestfriend even before he did it to Sihyun. Just what the hell is wrong with that guy?

 

Knock. Knock.

 

“Hyunjoo, it’s time to work.” Called someone outside, and she doesn’t remember that someone would pick her up for work today?

 

“Ah, Eunwoo?”

 

He smiled, “Do you want to go with me? I woke up early today, so…” yeah, it’s not usual. Because the actual worker would come right when the office hour starts, unlike the trainees who had to arrive thirty minutes earlier than them.

 

“I haven’t finished my breakfast, though. Do you want some? If you haven’t had any…”

 

“Sure, I’d love to.”

 

The three of them are sitting side by side to continue the breakfast, but the only thing that Sihyun could do was to play with her food, while holding her tears.

 

Eunwoo was aware about that, and trying to hold himself from asking about what happened to her because it might make her cry right in the moment. Those eyes of her really caught his attention on how lonely and sad it were.

 

“I’m going to call Mom, you just have to stay here and lock the door.” She was about to open the door then she added, “And don’t you dare to do some stupid things! Understand?”

The little sister nodded as Hyunjoo and Eunwoo left the room to work.

 

“What happened with your sister?” Eunwoo finally asked.

 

“She broke up with her boyfriend. And it’s worse than you could think.”

 

His eyes were still focused to the road, “Ah, I understand. I won’t ask more.” He said, being understanding about her privacy, and trying not to think about it. “Just tell her everything is going to be okay, whatever the problem is.”

 

“Thank you, Eunwoo.”

***

 

“Daegu?”

 

Hyemi nodded, “The general manager said that, though. You can come back to Incheon tomorrow and have a day off, isn’t it great?”

 

No it wasn’t great because Hyunjoo has to leave Sihyun by herself at home, and she had to go to Daegu by herself. She doesn’t even know that area, and how could the general manager didn’t afraid at her making mistake this time? Because as she remembered they always said to never send a trainee alone.

 

Right after she arrived to the office, she just had to come back home to take her clothes and toiletries because of the one night sleeping away at Daegu.

 

“Hyunjoo!” Mingyu called from behind, and she automatically smiled while waiting for him to reach her. “I’m going to Daegu with you!”

 

“Wait – how? I mean, it’s great!”

 

“I asked my supervisor and he just let me to? So… yeah.”

 

He only drove Hyunjoo to her place, because he already have the clothes and toiletries from the locker (well trainees doesn’t have lockers, so), since working in this company has always been like this; suddenly they told you to go here and there even sleeping away from the city.

 

“Uh, how could you leave me?” Sihyun asked.

 

“You have a sister?” Mingyu asked.

 

“And who is he? Where is Jaehyun?”

 

Both Hyunjoo and Mingyu froze at a moment, then trying to look like there is nothing wrong with the question. “Jaehyun is in Jeju.” She answered. “He is Mingyu, my workmate. And don’t forget to lock the door, don’t leave at night. I’m coming back tomorrow, okay?”

 

On the way to the train station, Mingyu and Hyunjoo were busy by making plans about what they are going to do in Daegu such as going to the night market because Mingyu said that the snacks are really great and Hyunjoo has to taste it once in her life at least.

 

She is happy that she could meet Mingyu again, because if she didn’t, then she had to face the heart break by herself.

 

They were just arrived to buy the tickets but then Mingyu’s phone rang and his expression changed in a second. It seems like something serious. “Okay. I’m going now.” He said.

 

“What happened?”

 

“Nana is sick, she is in the hospital now. I’m sorry, Hyunjoo… I’m really sorry that you have to go by yourself. I can’t leave Nana when she is sick…”

 

“It’s okay, Mingyu. You have to leave she is waiting for you.”

 

And that’s how Hyunjoo took the train by herself, even doing anything by herself in Daegu. She couldn’t avoid the fact that Mingyu is a Dad, and he has a daughter who needs him more than anyone.

 

Doing something like this might be nothing for Hyunjoo, but Mingyu is literally everything that Nana has, and she shouldn’t take him from the little girl.

 

They said the photoshoot will be taken at the night market, and the model will wear the clothes that the company has sponsored. Well, she should have come with Mingyu but that night, she was coming by herself.

 

“This is the clothes.” She gave it to the stylist, and the model looks like she loves it so much. “I’m going to wait outside.”

 

Sitting on the bench while waiting for the staff to finish things and the model to come out, someone suddenly sat beside her, and it made her caught off guard. “Jaehyun?”

 

“I thought I was dreaming when I saw you. Hyunjoo.”

 

She really, doesn’t want to talk with him anymore since she remembered what he did back in the days. But isn’t this the perfect timing for her to ask about the truth? About the tea that Jennie has spilled?

***

a/n; hiiiiiii i just changed the foreword like finally lol please suppoort your #team <3