Fated To Meet You Again

One More Day To Stay

Fated To Meet You Again

 

“Honey, have you re-check your luggage?”

 

“Mom, it’s not like I’m leaving overseas.”

 

It was the very first time Hyunjoo has to live far from her parents, to live alone. This girl doesn’t even know how to do laundy, and cannot cook anything besides instant noodle. How could her Mom doesn’t feel scared at Hyunjoo living alone?

 

Jaehyun was smiling all the way to Incheon while driving his car, but his heart is actually scared of something; what if Hyunjoo met someone like Kim Mingyu? Who is as trash as him?

 

He told her that it’s okay, and he believes in her, but still, it’s still difficult for him to be in a long distance relationship for a year with Hyunjoo when all the things that they did was being beside each other for almost everyday.

 

The rented room looks good and cozy just like what Hyunjoo expected. It’s not too large nor too small, there are already bed and wardrobe, and a small bathroom with shower inside.

 

The price is quite expensive for a rented room but since there’s a shared kitchen downstairs and the building is placed in the focal point of the town, so it’s not a big problem to pay such price.

 

After placing things here and there, Hyunjoo let her Mom to take a rest first and went outside with Jaehyun who suddenly brought her for a walk.

 

It’s really great that there’s a small park near the building where children usually plays. Both Hyunjoo and Jaehyun stopped to sit on the bench while looking to the sky where the sunset is about to happened.

 

“Hyunjoo?”

 

“Hmm?”

 

Jaehyun took out a black colored little box and opened it when Hyunjoo looked at him, there is a ring inside, match with the one that Jaehyun wears. The ring is really simple and fits Hyunjoo’s finger when Jaehyun put it on her.

 

“I know this ring is nothing, but I just want to make you mine with this. I mean, nobody should land their hands on you when they saw this ring, right? And one thing, marrying you is one of my biggest dream. We can prepare anything once we graduated and have a stable job… if you wanted to…”

 

She couldn’t held her tears anymore at what Jaehyun had said to her. She was right, it’s the best decision to choose Jaehyun over anyone, Jaehyun has serious intention to her. He even proposed to her in this situation when they are about to start the long distance relationship.

 

Jaehyun already fall deeper than anything to Hyunjoo that he doesn’t want to lose her anymore – to anyone.

 

“Of course, I do!” she said, hugging him. “Thank you, Jaehyun.”

 

“Thank you, Hyunjoo. For choosing me that time.”

***

 

“Hyunjoo, could you take the design files from December 2015? This is the key of archive room. Don’t forget to lock it again once you got the files, okay?”

 

The very first day she started working, and her manager already gave her tons of works to do. Seems like they didn’t do anything while there is no intern her? Because this papers that Hyunjoo had to do really looks like a mountain.

 

While she walked to the archive room, someone who walked in front of her suddenly made her heart skipped a beat. He was walking so fast while talking on the phone, then someone shouted his name from behind, “Kim Mingyu, why are you late again? The meeting just started thirty minutes ago!”

 

“Oh ! Is that… Kim Mingyu?”

 

She hid her face with her hair, hoping that Mingyu wouldn’t see her, and her heart wouldn’t stop for beating so fast. Everything was like a dream, there is no way she had to be in the same office with Kim Mingyu?

 

And he became more and more handsome, taller, and cooler. It’s been a while since the last time she met him, and seeing him in a white shirt and black pants really made her mind messier than before. He looked hot, and she is afraid.

 

“Miss, this is the files.”

 

“Thank you, Hyunjoo. Wait, there is a meeting about our grand launching but Jisoo had to leave first. You can enter the meeting room and replace Jisoo, just tell them I told you to come. And don’t forget, note all the important things.”

 

Walking slowly to the meeting room with a notebook and a pen on her hands. After knocking the door, the people inside were automatically looking at her and one person really made her wanted to die right at the moment. Kim Mingyu were also there.

 

“Miss Hyemi told me to replace Ji –“

 

“Quickly sit on your place.” Said one of the participant, cutting off her words.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  They were really cold towards her, and she couldn’t help but looking straight to her notebook. Her mind couldn’t think straight because of the people and also the fact that she is working with Mingyu now. What if Jaehyun found out about this? He might kill him for sure.

 

Mingyu kept looking at her direction like he just saw someone familiar, but the girl kept hiding her face between the note books. This is just her first day, but she felt like wanted to resign already. She had never imagined that she would be in the same office with Kim Mingyu for six months, and away from Jung Jaehyun for a year.

 

Lunch time and she haven’t made any friends yet, so she just chose the empty table for herself while eating her lunch. But a girl suddenly approached her and smiled. “Hello.” She said.

 

She smiled back, “Hello.”

 

“Why are you by yourself? Wait, I forgot,” she offered her hand, “My name is Oh Seunghee.”

 

“My name is Bae Hyunjoo. And I don’t have a friend yet, so, yeah.”

 

And a nightmare came to her, Mingyu took a seat beside her. His scent was still the same, and the way their arms clashed while eating happened again like what they did back then. Because Mingyu is a left-handed and Hyunjoo is a right-handed.

 

“I’m sorry,” she said, while looking to her food, hoping that Mingyu wouldn’t notice her, but it was too late.

 

“It’s okay, Hyunjoo.” He said, with his voice that she once loved. The deep voice of Kim Mingyu.

 

“You said you doesn’t have any friend here but seems like you know Mingyu?”

 

“We were friends back then,” said Mingyu. “We were really close, right, Hyunjoo?”

 

“Mingyu! How could you be late on a day like this? And almost everyday?” a girl suddenly approached us, sitting in front of Mingyu while nagging.

 

“You know, I have to drive Nana to school, and send few files for –“

 

“For the divorce? Are you really going to divorce Jennie?”

 

“Uhkk –“

 

“Hyunjoo, are you okay?” Seunghee tapped Hyunjoo’s back then gave her a glass of water, “Drink this, swallow slowly!”

 

She placed the glass then looked straight to Mingyu’s eyes, “You are already married, I mean you are going to divorce your wife already? You married Jennie? Don’t tell me it’s my bestfriend who disappeared long ago? And –“

 

“And he already has a daughter from Kim Jennie.” Said Jiho. “Such a beautiful shotgun wedding.”

 

“I cannot believe that I would meet you like this, this is not on my plan. I planned to meet you after I divorced Jennie, though.”

 

“Stop. I don’t want to hear anything more.” She said, standing up to leave the table. She thought that she doesn’t have any feeling towards Mingyu anymore but it hurts her to heard everything about Mingyu now. About how he married someone and even had a daughter.

 

And that girl just had to be Jennie, her bestfriend.

 

Back then Kim Mingyu was still as trash as he used to, after graduated from college and broke up with Hyunjoo, he met Jennie on the club and started dating her not long after the meeting. He knew that Jennie liked her from a long time ago, and he thought that it would be easy for him to persuade her to do everything for him.

 

They even rented an apartment together and lived together for a year. She thought he loved him, but it’s just his body that lived with her, not his heart. He still wanted to be with Hyunjoo.

 

Their relationship didn’t last that long so they decided to leave from the shared apartment, but in a few months, Jennie came to him while carrying a baby, she carried Nana, Mingyu’s daughter. He doesn’t love her, and he doesn’t want to marry her, but it’s his daughter and Jennie pleaded to him almost everyday while crying for him to marry her.

 

Jennie already gave up from college because of him, she gave up her dreams because of him, even dating secretly behind her own bestfriend… and how could Mingyu didn’t want to do anything for her? He hurts her so bad.

 

They ended up married with an agreement that they would divorce after Nana turns a year. But Jennie already loved him so deeply that she wouldn’t let him divorce her, because she knew that Mingyu would find Hyunjoo after that.

***

 

“When are you going to stop avoiding me, Hyunjoo?”

 

She avoided his gaze for no reason, just because her heart told her to. It’s still painful to see him in this state, again, still scared what if everything that happened in the past are coming back to her. Their fate might be crossed with each other a lot, seeing how much they have met in so many opportunities, that they couldn’t even imagine before.

 

And right now, Hyunjoo just has to be an internship in a place where Mingyu is working.

 

“I thought we were fine? I thought we decided to divide for our good? Then why are you doing this?” Still, Mingyu is holding onto her who was still looking down to the ground. “Where have you been?”

***