His Karma

One More Day To Stay

His Karma

“I don’t think you should be here, at this hour, Jennie.” Said Eunwoo, coming out from his room with Sihyun followed after, “Shouldn’t you bring her back home, Mingyu?”

 

Eunwoo was looking at Mingyu like he was giving him a code, and luckily Mingyu received it well. What he meant was to protect Hyunjoo and avoid any mess that could happen in the building, before the owner kick them all out.

 

“Who are you to tell me to do things, Cha Eunwoo?” said Jennie.

 

Then Sihyun stepped up, “And who are you to yell at my sister? Who gave you permission to mess in this building?”

 

“Your sister just –“

 

“I don’t care! I’ve heard anything and it’s enough reason for you to leave before I call the security.”

 

“Yah! Little kid!”

 

“I just hope your daughter won’t grow up like you.”

 

Mingyu finally grabbed her wrist, and dragged her out of the building because she might fight with Sihyun at any times and it’s dangerous. Even though Jennie kept trying to fight Mingyu, but he decided to stay calm instead of fight her back.

 

And he might just drop Jennie anywhere because his ears hurt so much to hear Jennie who kept talking bad about Hyunjoo. But it’s late night already, and she is still his wife, and he shouldn’t let her walk by herself at this time.

 

“Tomorrow, let’s sign all the documents tomorrow.” He said, cutting her of. “I’m done with you.”

 

“Sure, I’m also tired to pretend like I’m okay for the whole time ever since we got married, ever since day one. I’m tired to be the only one who got hurt while you were playing out there.”

 

Jennie told her Mom to take care of Nana while she was gone to find Mingyu earlier, so she had to pick Nana up from her Mom’s house. But what made Mingyu and Jennie surprised was that Nana hasn’t gone to bed yet, “She wants to meet her parents before sleeping.” Said the grandmother.

 

It must be difficult for her to see her family is breaking apart in such a young age, when she supposed to remember beautiful things, not this. “Dad! Mom!” the little girl said, smiling widely when she saw her parents arrived.

 

“Don’t you feel sleepy, honey?” Mingyu asked, while hugging her.

 

She shook her head, “Can we sleep here tonight, Dad? I told Grandpa and Grandma that we are going to a picnic tomorrow.”

 

“Picnic?” Jennie questioned, “Mom?”

 

“We just watched a drama and it had picnic scenes then Nana said she wants to go, and I said yes since your Dad is also free tomorrow.” She answered, “Go to your room, Jennie. Mingyu must be tired from working, don’t worry Nana will sleep with me and your Dad.”

 

And they had no choice but to sleep on the same bed again… after a very long time. The memories came back when they slept back to back… when Jennie used to cry every night. And it happened again.

 

She was crying out loud that it made Mingyu turned back to look at her, and the situation changed. It used to be Jennie who looked at Mingyu’s back, and this time it’s Mingyu who looked at Jennie’s back. “It’s must be hurt.” Said Mingyu.

 

“Jennie, it must be hurt.” He pulled her into a hug, and let her cry more.

 

Sure she was shocked by his sudden action, but at least something beautiful happened before they actually part ways. That’s why she didn’t say anything nor telling Mingyu to stop hugging her… because it was too nice… and too good to be true.

 

“I’m sorry, Jennie. I’m so sorry that I can’t stay with you and Nana. I’m sorry that I can’t be reliable husband for you and a good father for Nana. I’m sorry that I have so many flaws. I’m sorry… that I can’t feel the same as you no matter how much I’ve tried.”

 

Then Jennie grabbed his hands which were around her stomach, “Can’t you stay like this… just for tonight?” She turned back to face him, touching his cheek, “Can’t you pretend like you love me… just for tonight… for the last time? I promise I won’t ask anything else after this.”

 

She moved closer to him, to kiss his lips, and surprisingly he didn’t avoid her. Migyu was kissing her back, as their lips moved in sync with each other, and their hug became tighter.

 

The feelings might be gone since a long time ago, and they finally found the time and exact reason to part ways, but the sweet memories will still be there… remain with their love, Kim Nana.

 

Coming back to square one: Kim Jennie will be the only one who have a feeling towards Kim Mingyu just like the old times.

 

His lips tasted the same, the sweet-plump lips of Kim Mingyu that she would never get tired of. But sadly, it’s probably the last kiss they would share. This guy is already fall head over heels towards Hyunjoo, and Jennie just made a decision to never into their relationship again.

 

It’s for Mingyu… for him to be happy. Even though she has to sacrifice herself. It’s because she loves him.

***

 

“He isn’t answering my phone nor replying to my text.” Said Hyunjoo, who was walking back and forth while looking to her phone.

 

“Unnie!” Sihyun stopped her, “Are you really going this far? Dating a married guy? What’s wrong with you? You just dumped Jaehyun for that married guy who is cheating on his wife?”

 

“Are you sure you are in a position to tell me that, Sihyun? What about you? What did you do with Eunwoo? Making out in a public space? And do you realized that you are just eighteen years old and he is twenty three years old! A kid and an adult! This is wrong, Sihyun!”

 

“What’s wrong with five years difference? I love him, and he is single, nothing is wrong with it. It’s not like I’m dating a married guy like you, Unnie! Do you even think that he might dump you anytime for his wife? For his daughter? Can you even imagine what if our Dad cheated on Mom? And dumped us, his daughters? Do you want Mom to feel the pain by herself? Do you want Dad to leave you for another woman who seduced him?”

 

She was stupid that she didn’t think that far… but she couldn’t help it either. Kim Mingyu just came at the worst timing ever… and Jung Jaehyun just had to left her at that time.

 

And it’s too late to leave anything, because she has nothing left besides Mingyu now.

***