So Many Times and So Many Ways

One More Day To Stay

So Many Times, and So Many Ways

 

“How was Your Day?” Jaehyun asked, as Hyunjoo opened the door and sighed deeply. “Seems like it wasn’t that great?”

 

It wasn’t great at all, moreover she had to be in the same place with Kim Mingyu and she couldn’t even tell Jaehyun. She really hates it, she wants to escape, but there is no way to do that.

 

Today was just her first day but Mingyu made it like it last two years, while dragging her to the past with him. Every single thing that happened few years ago appeared all at once right in front of her face, and it made her amazingly tired.

 

She hugged him, let her body rest for a little while with him. Without even saying anything, Jaehyun knew that everything didn’t go as what she wanted to, and he had to chin her up.

 

“Take a shower first, I’m going to prepare dinner downstairs.” He said, after pecked her forehead then went to the shared kitchen to prepare the dinner for them.

 

Jaehyun just went downstairs for five minutes and Hyunjoo was taking the towel with her but suddenly someone pressed the bell, and she thought it was the building’s owner. But she was wrong, it was…

 

“Kim Mingyu what are you doing here and how do you know that I live here?” she unconsciously shouted right after she opened the door and saw him.

 

He smiled so widely like a little kid, “I followed you since you didn’t want me to drive you home. And… I just want to meet you?”

 

“You cannot!”

 

“Why?”

 

“You can’t, Kim Mingyu!”

 

“But, why?”

 

“Jaehyun is here and he is downstairs preparing dinner for me! it means you have to leave and never come here again!”

 

“Wow, you live with your boyfriend now? Like I did with Jennie?”

 

She sighed, “He is just staying until next week, and don’t you ever bring that name again. Now, you have to leave, please. Don’t mess with my life again, Mingyu!”

 

Actually, he was hurt after hearing that he messed with her life, when he had never intended to do that. All the things that he wanted is that Hyunjoo to be happy beside him. But seems like Hyunjoo got it wrong.

 

Rather than making Hyunjoo hate him even more by getting caught by Jaehyun, he agreed to leave. “Is Jaehyun really better than me?” he said, after walking a few steps, looking back at her. “Is he?”

 

“Isn’t it obvious? The whole thing that happened to us really proved that Jaehyun is so much better than you.” Then she shows her fingers, “Don’t into our life again, Mingyu, we are already knotted.”

 

If he was a girl, he would cry all night long. But what can he does? Everything was obviously his mistake. He was a trash, and he doesn’t deserve Hyunjoo. Just if he treated her right back then, Hyunjoo would wear a ring from him instead of Jaehyun’s.

 

“Hyunjoo,”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“I’m sorry I can’t stay here for a week, I have to go back to Seoul tomorrow. You know Nylon magazine? They’ve found my work on several sites and told me to do a pictorial.”

 

“Nylon? Oh my God!” she cupped his face, making him pout cutely. “And who will be the model? That’s a great achievement, babe!”

 

“Choi Bona, that famous girl that we’ve worked with few months ago.”

 

“Ah, that girl who made a sensation online because she is actually Choi Jinri’s sister? She has a great body, though. I became a potato in instant when I did the photoshoot with her.”

 

He laughed, “How could you diss yourself like that, huh? You are the prettiest girl I’ve ever seen, Hyunjoo!”

***

 

They officially started their long distance relationship and already had few arguments. They fought almost every day due to every little things. Maybe they were tired, and missed each other, but this relationship is making them tired even more.

 

“Jaehyun, where have you been?”

 

“I was in a café with my friends.”

 

“I thought you said you are going to drive your Mom to Busan?”

 

“Yeah, after this. But why are you so mad? I mean, this is not the first time you blow up my phone and suddenly got mad at me for nothing?”

 

“I was worried because –“

 

Hyunjoo, we are not a high school couple anymore, I have something to do just like you. Stop acting like I’m flirting around here in Seoul. I’m hanging up!”

 

She didn’t know since when she became this possessive towards Jaehyun, like a lot a lot possessive. She got mad when Jaehyun didn’t reply her chat for a few hours, she got mad over a single comment of his Instagram, she even got mad when Jaehyun told her that he is going out with a friend.

 

Jaehyun who held his anger at first, really couldn’t hold it anymore, and he got mad at her as often as she got mad at him. Both of them are so used to be in each other’s side almost 24/7, but right now they are in a different city.

 

“When are you leaving?”

 

“In two hours.”

 

“Oh.” She sighed deeply, “Take care, Jaehyun.”

 

“You too, Hyunjoo.” He replied, “I’m hanging up.”

 

“Hmm. Bye.”

 

“Bye.”

 

Even when it’s the time for Jaehyun to leave to Jeju, they just talked on the phone telling each other to take care. It’s like their feelings are becoming cold, and it hurts.

 

Mingyu didn’t help her either, because he acted like he doesn’t know her at all and it made her work more difficult since they are on the same department.

 

“Bae Hyunjoo, Cha Eunwoo, you two are going to Jeju tomorrow. We are the official sponsor for tomorrow’s Dazed magazine photoshoot. After that, give them the new agreement letter.”

 

“But, manager, I’ve told you that tomorrow is my sister wedding day, how could I be in Jeju?”

 

“Oh, I forgot about that.” The manager stratched his head, then scanning the room to find the replacement. “Then can you go with her, Kim Mingyu?”

 

“No, you can’t!” Hyunjoo suddenly stood up, shouting, that made the people shocked and automatically looked at her. “I – I mean, I will just leave by myself.”

 

“And who do you think you are to give the agreement letter by yourself, miss trainee? Do you even know what’s inside the letter?” said Hyemi.

 

Seems like Mingyu didn’t want to be in that room anymore so he dragged Hyunjoo with him, “She is leaving with me tomorrow.” He said, while Hyunjoo just looked at the ground, embarrassed.

 

They entered Mingyu’s car and still didn’t say anything. Even when Mingyu drove her home, she didn’t say anything at all but looking at the windows all the way home. “Do you hate me that much?” he asked, while driving the car, looking straight to the road.

 

She didn’t answer even until they arrived home, she didn’t even leave the car.

 

“We are arrived, Hyunjoo.”

 

“Mingyu,” she finally opened , “I’m tired. I’m really tired.”

 

Even though Mingyu and Hyunjoo just dated for three months, but Mingyu already knew that Hyunjoo does stupid things when she’s sad. So, he walked her even to her room, then made her sit in the sofa. The girl was still stares blankly in the air, and surprisingly she didn’t even tell Mingyu to leave.

 

“I bet it isn’t because of what happened in the meeting room, am I right?”

 

It was useless, she didn’t even say anything. “I really had to leave, but you are making me worried, Hyunjoo.”

 

“Stay.” She told him, “Stay just for a while.”

 

“Hyunjoo, what –“

 

She cupped his face to kiss him even before he finished the words. It was wrong, but Hyunjoo really didn’t know what should she does anymore. She missed Jaehyun, but she also missed Mingyu. And the whole thing that happened to her and Jaehyun, really made her placed a hope on Mingyu, but he acted like he doesn’t know her all the time.

 

He was right, if she was really in love with Jaehyun, she wouldn’t be in love with Mingyu in so many times, and so many ways.

 

Mingyu deepened the kiss, and Hyunjoo opened for his tongue to enter. She couldn’t believe that she is kissing someone’s husband right now, and it was extremely wrong.

 

The kiss finished, and she cried right after, hiding her face on his chest. Wrapping his arms around her, Mingyu slowly patted her back, letting her cry her heart out.

 

“Jaehyun dumped me. He wanted to break up with me. Mingyu, Jaehyun told me I’ve changed, and his feelings also changed.”

***

a/n; who do you think is the bad guy here after 5 chapters? lol i'm rooting for #teamchaeunwoo anyway