I Hope Everything is Okay

One More Day To Stay

I Hope Everything is Okay

 

Nana wants her Mom and Dad to stay together, because she doesn’t know why should they be separated? All she knows is that her parents love each other, and they are exactly a happy family. She doesn’t know how her parents are literally just living together, while their mind and heart are everywhere.

 

She doesn’t know that her Mom loves her Dad so much, but her Dad wants to divorce. She doesn’t know that this family will eventually split sooner or later.

 

Poor little Nana, all she wants is a happy family – just the three of them.

 

Jennie fell to her knees, while crying hard. “I didn’t ask you to stay for me, just do it for our Nana.”

 

Our Nana, she said.

 

Mingyu bent down look into her eyes; the pair of beautiful eyes that he once loved. “I’m going to think about it – about Nana.”

 

“And do you think my Dad will let you stay in the company when you decided to leave me?”

 

“And do you think I’ve been staying for the whole time just because of the company? Or you? No, honey. I’ve been staying for Nana. And I can leave the company whenever I want. It must be good to live in Seoul again after such a long time.”

***

 

“But, one thing, Jaehyun…” she said in front of the door, when they arrived in the hotel. “One thing that I want to ask you.”

 

“Go ahead.”

 

“Do – I mean, did you… really love me?”

 

He wasn’t expecting that Hyunjoo would ask something like this again… at this state. But she seems serious, and was waiting for the answer.

 

“Of course, I did.” And the past tense once again attacked both Jaehyun and Hyunjoo. Forcing them to face the reality, that everything really should be left behind with the past tenses. “You were everything to me and I don’t even lying. And I feel so bad for talking in past tenses… with you… about this thing, when –“

 

“When all we ever said was the possibilities of us living together, having cute babies, and grow old together.”

 

And the both felt the awkwardness hit them again.

 

“Hyunjoo, do you know what? After all the things I did to you, I feel like I want to re write our story because I hate the way things turned out and change our ending. I mean, it’s too much if I want another happy ending with you because I don’t deserve it anymore, and you have your heart on another person already. What I mean about our ending is, maybe, something that can make it better so we wouldn’t have to end up like this? I just tainted our five years memories.”

 

“I guess this proves that we both are always together for almost everyday that it became our habit. We didn’t love each other since a long time ago – maybe – but instead in love with the feelings.”

 

She was right. They are so used to be in each other’s side, and thought that the love was towards the person; but they were wrong. It’s the pleasure, comfortable, and safe feelings when they were together that made them in love; not the person anymore.

 

That’s why Jaehyun could easily ditch Hyunjoo when he found Bona, and how Hyunjoo just easily going back to Mingyu without worries.

 

“Then, I’m going to leave now… Hyunjoo…”

 

They probably meet in a months or less for another projects, but hearing Jaehyun bids a goodbye to her in this state… it seems like their real goodbye. Because all of their problems are solved after talking about them, and they became friends again after all.

 

It means they really have nothing in between anymore.

 

“Jaehyun…” she hugged him, “I’m sorry, and thank you.”

 

He smiled while patting her head, “Whenever you feel tired, or your shoulders feel like drooping, just remember that you can lean on me always, Hyunjoo.”

***

 

Knock. Knock.

 

“Sihyun?”

 

“Uhmm…” she scratched her head which wasn’t itchy at all, “hi, Oppa.”

 

“Oppa? You didn’t call me that yesterday, huh?” said Eunwoo, while leaning to the door, painfully handsomely.

 

“It’s because I didn’t know you yesterday!”

 

“So? What do you want?”

 

Her stomach answered the question right after, and she was sure that her face became a tomato in instants. Since her sister left to Daegu, she really didn’t eat anything because she doesn’t know how to cook. And Hyunjoo doesn’t have instant noodles.

 

It’s even sadder how Sihyun doesn’t have any money to order food.

 

“Come in.” he said. “You are lucky that I just bought pizza.”

 

“Oh my God! Thank you! Can I eat this? For real?”

 

He rolled his eyes, “Of course! Why would I lie?”

 

Seems like they became closer after sharing some slices of pizza, watching Eunwoo’s favorite movie, and even talking about some things. It’s amazing that they just know each other but their souls were like ‘click! You are the one’ and became close in no times.

 

Sihyun has been amazed on how handsome is Cha Eunwoo ever since their first meet, and how this guy is so gentle and calm. Being a high schooler who fall in love easily, she might just found her new crush right here.

 

And what amazed her is that she found this guy in this building, not inside a club in the middle of the night.

 

“Do you have a girlfriend?” Sihyun asked, in the middle of their silence so suddenly.

 

“Huh? No, I don’t.”

 

“Why? Isn’t it because you haven’t move on from your ex?”

 

He gulped the cola that he just drank, “Just because.”

 

“Are boys all the same? I mean, do they love, want to break up, or even being single by ‘just because’ only? Unreasonable?”

 

“Ahh, so you broke up and your ex said ‘just because’?”

 

Cha Eunwoo really has quick wit and it made Sihyun flustered. She really couldn’t hide her feelings at all unlike Eunwoo. After all the things that they talked that night, seems like they are really opposite from each other.

 

While Sihyun being lazy and doesn’t have interest in studying, Eunwoo was the 1% at his school and got high ranks for his exams. While Sihyun doesn’t really have any interest in doing something, Eunwoo even admitted that he is an ambitious person. And while Sihyun admitted to changed her boyfriends often, Eunwoo rarely dates girl unless he really likes her.

 

And he is not that easy to fall in love, while Sihyun fall in love easily with anyone that treat her good. It’s an opposite attract.

***

 

“Hello?”

 

“Hyunjoo?”

 

“Yes, what’s wrong, Mingyu?” she moved her phone to her right ear, while drying her hair with the towel.

 

“What are you doing, Hyunjoo?”

 

“Uhhm, I just washed up and now drying my hair with towel since you are calling me so I won’t use the hairdryer. What’s wrong?”

 

He laughed, and she smiled instantly. “Nothing’s wrong, I just missed you.”

 

“Alright, let’s talk even until one of us fell asleep.”

 

“I miss you, Hyunjoo.”

 

“I miss you too, Mingyu.”

 

“I miss you, Hyunjoo. I miss you, Hyunjoo. I miss youuuuuu!” and the way he talked was cringe-worthy that Hyunjoo almost threw her phone – but it’s still cute because it’s Kim Mingyu for everything’s sake.

 

“You just summoned the high school version of Kim Mingyu, didn’t you?”

 

“Ha ha ha ha! I’ve been always like this, you know. I just like you soooo much.”

 

“Do you like me so much?”

 

“So much that I’m going to die.”

 

“I like you too, Mingyu!”

 

“I’m glad that we are going to meet tomorrow.”

 

“I have day off tomorrow, don’t you wish to drag me to the office.”

 

“It’s okay I’m also going to take a day off tomorrow so we can date.”

 

“Isn’t this too childish?” she lay herself on the bed, then pulled up the blanket. “I feel like we went back to our first time that day.”

 

“I don’t care being childish with you, though. It’s fun.”

 

It’s been awhile since the last time they talked comfortably like this, without thinking about anything else that would distract their quality times. Mingyu and his family problems, and Hyunjoo with her Jaehyun problem even though it’s all settled down now.

 

Both of them are leaving behind the fact that there is still one more difficult obstacle in front of them. On how Mingyu divorce Jennie and make Nana go with him without hating Hyunjoo.

 

And the fact that Hyunjoo is still too young to marry Mingyu, and how Mingyu is too young to be a single parent.

 

“Do you remember what I did back in the days? Almost every single night?”

 

“Of course, I do! It was so annoying, but I kinda missed it to hear you say that thing now!”

 

“Do you want me to say it again now?”

 

“Say it!”

 

“Hyunjoo, what are you doing? Aren’t you sleeping? I’m in front of your house right now, come out, I have something to tell.” Was the sentences that made Hyunjoo’s heart skipped a beat everytime she heard that, even now.

 

“My heart is fluttering.”

 

“Sure, you are hearing Kim Mingyu’s voice.”

 

“Damn it.”

 

“Now sleep. You’ve worked hard today. Let’s meet tomorrow, Hyunjoo. I love you.”

 

I love you, he said. And Bae Hyunjoo couldn’t answer with another words beside: “I love you too, Kim Mingyu.”

***