And Why Do I Have To Meet You Again?

One More Day To Stay

And Why Do I Have To Meet You Again?

 

“Yeah, I came to give the sponsor.”

 

“Jaehyun! Let’s go!”

 

Jaehyun is the photographer for today’s photoshoot, and it’s confusing how Hyunjoo’s company and Jaehyun’s company really does working together so often that Hyunjoo might meet Jaehyun once a week in this state.

 

Now she remembered why she was falling that deep to Jaehyun when he is with his camera. Because he loves his hobby, even making it his job. And he is the most handsome when he is seriously taking a photo of someone to look perfect.

 

That someone used to be Hyunjoo. She used to be his muse. She used to.

 

After the photoshoot finished, Hyunjoo didn’t directly go to the hotel but wandering in the night market by herself, trying the snacks that Mingyu had recommended to her before.

 

Without her knowing, Jaehyun was silently following her from behind, looking at her back because he was afraid what if something happened to her. Five years with her and he already know that she is super clumsy that she needs someone to look at her closely 24/7.

 

As expected Hyunjoo tripped by her own foot and Jaehyun just automatically ran towards her so she wouldn’t fall. Their eyes met with each other, bringing back the memories that already faded away.

 

“What are you doing?” she asked.

 

“I – I was just looking around.”

 

“Oh.”

 

“How are you?”

 

“Fine, how about you?” she answered, while looking at the foods along the way, hiding the fact that her heart was almost burst.

 

“Same. How about your parents?”

 

“Fine, Sihyun is also fine. How about yours?”

 

“My Mom caught a flu yesterday but she is fine now.”

 

Neither one them did think that they would be this awkward when they are the same people who already talking and preparing their upcoming marriage. Really, human and their plans. God is the only one who made the decision.

 

And now, Jaehyun has been her favorite yet most painful story to tell.

 

“Hyunjoo, I want to say sorry… for everything.”

 

She found herself looking at the night sky rather than looking at him, “Such as?”

 

“I ended everything out of nowhere.”

 

“I know, but what about Choi Bona? Wouldn’t you feel sorry because I saw you kiss her that day in Jeju?”

 

“Wait – but Mingyu said you didn’t come?”

 

“You wish.” She walked away from him but he grabbed his wrist and force her to look at him. And what caught him off guard was that Hyunjoo is crying. “Don’t look at me.” she said.

 

“I – I’m sorry. Really, I have nothing to do with her, Hyunjoo.”

 

“Have nothing to do with her doesn’t mean nothing didn’t happen between you two, Jaehyun. It’s okay, I have no rights. We broke up already, right?”

 

“Hyunjoo…”

 

Even looking at him now really made her heart broke into pieces again like what happened that day. The scene where Jaehyun kissed Bona, and the fact that they might did something else, she couldn’t even think of it.

 

Jaehyun has been the most important thing for her for the whole five years, and the fact that they are now nothing but stranger is really messing her mind.

 

“Actually,” she took off the ring that Jaehyun gave to her. “I’ve been waiting for the perfect timing to take off this ring and give it back to you. Seems like you took it off already?”

 

“Hyunjoo…” was the only word that he could say.

 

“I’m not going to chase over you anymore, because we have our own life now that I shouldn’t yours. But one thing that I have to ask, did you give this because you were sincere with me, or did Jennie told you to?”

 

“What the hell? Kim Jennie? How could she told me to do things, Hyunjoo. No, if she came to me that day to ask about this ring just to tell you that lie, it means she really lost her mind. I swear, I was sincere to you, no one told me to give it to you.”

 

She believed in him, because Jaehyun isn’t that good in lying either. And that made her heart a little bit in peace because at least he said that he was sincere, even though it’s already in past tense that means he is not feeling the same now.

 

And Kim Jennie just did that to embarrass her in front of so many people including Mingyu, and to make her down. But thanks to Hyunjoo’s open mind that she didn’t take Jennie’s words whole heartedly.

 

“Ah, okay. Since I’m okay with this, how about we talk about what the hell happened between you and Choi Bona? And you can ask me anything, too. I mean, we have been together for five years through thick and thin and we shouldn’t be separated ugly like this, right?”

 

Jaehyun agreed and they found a place for them to eat and talk. She was right, everything shouldn’t be ended ugly because they have started beautifully, walking together happily, and have to be ended prettily too.

 

Ex boyfriends doesn’t equal enemy. They have started as a friend, and they should end as a friend also.

 

“So I’ve met her since that day, also with you. At the after party when you told me to stay… yeah something happened between us because we were drunk. I’m – I’m really sorry to say this to you…”

 

“It’s okay.” Even when her heart hurts so bad, but it’s the truth, it’s better than any ugly lies.

 

“And we met again in Jeju to work when you and I were in kind of distances. She was always there for me, and I feel more comfortable with her since you became possessive at that time. When I kissed her, I don’t know… it’s just happened. But after she came back to Seoul, we really didn’t have any communication. As I said, I was just far from you, feel lonely, and she came. I know, it’s entirely my fault.”

 

“Are you going to chase her after you finished this?”

 

“I’m not sure, but I don’t have that kind of feelings towards her so maybe no.” the he looked at her, “How about you?”

 

“I’m working things out with Kim Mingyu. Yeah, he has a wife and a daughter and I’m crazy enough to do this but I don’t know, he attracted me so much that I’m voluntary hurting myself for him.”

 

“You are crazy to do that after what he did to you in the past.”

 

“And I believe people changes, just like feeling changes. Don’t you think so?”

 

“I have never think that I would say this to you, but good luck with him, don’t get hurt anymore, Hyunjoo. And one promise that we still have to see each other in our graduation, next year.”

 

She nodded, with glasses eyes, “You too, Jaehyun. Good luck with everything you do and don’t get hurt.” She hugged him and he hugged her back, “I cannot believe this.”

 

“Neither I, Hyunjoo. Actually I’m not sure whether you will understand a lot from my point of view of the things that I told you earlier but I feel like telling you all of them already so I feel relieved anyway.”

 

For her, Jaehyun was the best and the worst thing to ever happen and she can’t decide if she wish to never met him or if she wants to meet him all over again. And she is still in her wondering phase when she doesn’t know if she fell for Mingyu because she just broken hearted and haven’t met someone better or because Mingyu is actually the one.

***

 

“Are you crazy? How could you tell her that we are going to separate, Jennie!” Mingyu pulled his own hair as he was stressed just by looking at Jennie. “Look at her, she is just a little kid, she couldn’t accept the fact that her parents are going to be separated!”

 

“Then what are you going to do? To hide it forever when all you do are going around with that girl? Gosh, Kim Mingyu! I was telling her slowly but as you said she couldn’t accept the fact because she is just a little kid, and I have no choice. If you love her so much why do you want to divorce me so bad?”

 

“Because I love my daughter, not you.”

 

“And do you think she will love you and willingly to come with you when she found out that you already have another woman?”

 

“That’s why I’m going to take Nana to Hyunjoo slowly.”

 

“That’s not easy as you say, though.”

 

“Mommy!” Nana was crying from inside the room, calling her Mom repeatedly, because she was by herself in her room.

 

When she looks at her Dad, she couldn’t help but stop crying and smiled at him, “I know Daddy will forever be with Mommy!” the little girl said, making the adults felt embarrassed.

***