Thank You for Coming

One More Day To Stay

Thank You for Coming

 

One moment, she forced her legs to walk towards the door, and Mingyu was still standing there leaning to the wall right beside the door. Their eyes met in a glance before Mingyu quickly pulled her into a hug.

 

She wanted to cry more, but she was too tired and her mind couldn’t think of anything more. Her mind went blank, that she couldn’t even mover her body to hug him back. “Mingyu,” she called.

 

“Yes?”

 

“Our hotel is right across the sea, it would be such a waste if we leave without walking alongside the beach, right?”

 

Mingyu was confused at first, but maybe, Hyunjoo wanted to forget everything already. Not exactly forgetting, just to refresh her mind from all of this mess. “Okay, let’s go.” He answered.

 

They were walking side by side alongside the beach, with wind blowing her hair that made her even more beautiful. He didn’t look at the scenery, he was looking at her all the time, because she was more beautiful than everything that surrounded them right now.

 

Didn’t even say a thing, they just kept walking until Hyunjoo decided to stop, then looking to the beautiful night sky. “Just one star, and the moon. Just two of them.” She said.

 

Mingyu then looked to the star, and the moon, “The star is far away from the moon, but at least it’s coming for the moon.”

 

“Mingyu, you know what? I was so flustered because I basically telling you that Jaehyun is all better and you don’t deserve his little position at all. But in the end, it’s also you who witnessed how worthless Jung Jaehyun is.”

 

“Well, if you think once again, I’m not that different with Jaehyun. I was a trash back then, and even now when I already have a daughter, I’m still running towards you. I’m not even that better than Jung Jaehyun, but at least I’m more handsome than him?” he laughed, “He is handsome but just a basic pretty boy you can find anywhere while you can’t find any hotter guy like me, I’m one in a million, you know.”

 

He made her laugh for a little at how he dissed Jaehyun. That’s right, appearance is relatively subjective, but Kim Mingyu is such a hot mess without a doubt. And the more you know him, the more you will fall deeper into his charms.

 

“And what did you say to Jaehyun when you met him?”

 

“I told him that it’s good that Hyunjoo didn’t come to Jeju or else she would meet you and saw you doing this to her.” He pinched her cheeks, making her smile, “I was saving you, you know?”

 

And Kim Mingyu is still as reliable as he used to be, “I know, thank you, Mingyu. And thank you, for coming to my life – once again.”

 

“Can I – kiss you?”

 

She nodded.

 

Like a scene from romantic drama, Bae Hyunjoo and Kim Mingyu were kissing under the night sky, under a star that accompanying the moon, alongside the beach, with the wind blowing their hair and their clothes.

 

Maybe Hyunjoo had never really try to forget Mingyu in the first place at all, maybe that’s why she’s afraid to meet him or someone like him. Because, something like this would happened for sure; she realized that there is always a place inside her heart for Mingyu to stay.

 

The five years relationship might be just a joke for Jaehyun, but the three months relationship might be something that took Mingyu’s whole heart. Well, quantity doesn’t always show quality.

***

 

Coming back to the reality where Hyunjoo is the internship in the company where Mingyu is working, except that her working life is all better now. Every lunch time, she would spend it with Mingyu, and even after work ended, Mingyu would drive her home.

 

“About the ambassador, which one is better? Red Velvet? Black Pink? Or Twice?” said the General Manager, as they are currently on meeting about the grand launching of the new products. “Bae Hyunjoo?”

 

“… yes?”

 

“What do you think?”

 

“Uhhm, three groups that have different concept and charms, what about mixing some of the members? I mean… we have different themes of the product, should we choose some members from the three groups that fit the themes more?”

 

“Bae Hyunjoo, do you think it’s an easy thing? How could you tell us to do that?” said Hyemi. Even from the start, Hyunjoo felt like Hyemi doesn’t like her that much? Hyemi told her to do this, and that, even the most useless things to make Hyunjoo tired. And she would disagree with all of Hyunjoo’s opinion in the meeting, and blame her for nothing.

 

“I think that’s a great idea. We have three themes on this products, and rather than making pink having a girly – cutesy concept, or making red velvet and twice having the fierce and strong concept, why wouldn’t we have three members of each group to represent their concept into this product?” said Mingyu, saving Hyunjoo again for the uncountable times.

***

 

“Thank you for earlier.” Said Hyunjoo, while pulling the seat on the cafeteria. It’s already lunch time, and they decided to have a lunch in the office’s cafeteria since it’s raining and really cold outside.

 

He smiled, “Someone really needs to tell Hyemi which one should she agree and which one to disagree, to be honest.”

 

But someone familiar suddenly seated herself in front of Mingyu and Hyunjoo, which made Hyunjoo almost lost her breath for a second.

 

“What are you doing here, Jennie?” asked Mingyu, who was as shocked as Hyunjoo.

 

“To give this fruits for you, my husband, what’s wrong with that?”

 

Oh. Right. Mingyu is still Jennie’s husband, and this position really made Hyunjoo like she’s third-wheeling Mingyu and Jennie so bad. Some people in the cafeteria looked at them like it’s something worth to watch because…

 

“And this is my Dad’s company, why do you even ask?” said Jennie.

 

The CEO’s daughter is there, coming for her husband, who’s with someone that he shouldn’t be with.

 

Hyunjoo was shocked enough when she found out that this company is owned by Jennie’s Dad. They’ve been friends for years but she didn’t know that because all that Jennie would say that his Dad has a business. Just that.

 

Yeah, the old Jennie, the naïve Jennie, that couldn’t even look at Mingyu’s eyes – is now acting unlikely she used to be. Or maybe this is her real self.

 

At first Hyunjoo was confused, how could a fresh graduate like Mingyu got a job in such a big company, in a position that no fresh graduate could reach. But the truth is, Jennie’s Dad offered the position as long as Mingyu agreed to marry with Jennie and move to Incheon, hiding their shotgun wedding.

 

“And,” she looked at Hyunjoo, “long time no see, Bae Hyunjoo. I’ve heard few times that you became the intern here so I’m coming for you too. To welcome my old friend.”

 

“Do we really know each other?” Hyunjoo asked Jennie.

 

“Well, sort of? We were kind of best friend thing, until you broke up with Mingyu and we became a lover. And now, you are trying to get him, my husband? Are you even in your right state, huh? He is my husband, don’t flirt with him!”

 

Hyunjoo is not someone that could hold her anger, even it’s in front of people. She threw the water to Jennie’s face, making her yelled at Hyunjoo. “Better shut your mouth, it sounds too stupid, I can’t hear my ears are bleeding.” She said, savage as hell.

 

But when Hyunjoo walked from the table, Jennie stood up, shouting something that made Hyunjoo’s heart break into pieces.

 

“That ring, that Jaehyun gave to you. Do you think he is really going to marry you? No! I gave him the ring, I told him to knot it with you so Mingyu would see it and avoid you later. Do you think he truly loves you? No! Even Jung Jaehyun chose money over you. Choi Bona gave him more jobs and money rather than dating a kid like you! Stop thinking like everyone loves you and you will always be right at everything you do, Bae Hyunjoo!”

 

“Jennie, stop!” said Mingyu, dragging Jennie out of the place, because all people were looking at them and that’s embarrassing.

 

This girl who used to think that she got all the love that she needs, finally realized that she got nothing, and she just wasted her time for five years. And the ring from Jaehyun, she has to take a revenge for it.

***

a/n; omg what did i do to jaehyun... i'm sorry for #teamjaehyun out there T_T