Aren't You Afraid?

One More Day To Stay

Aren’t You Afraid?

 

“Damn! Jolie’s & Co.! You must be kidding me?!”

 

“Yeah, it’s great. It was my dream to work there, and it’s my pleasure to be the trainee for six months.”

 

“Your face didn’t say that, though?”

 

“Minha, I know that in the end, whatever happens, I would be still in a long distance relationship with Jaehyun. It’s egoist, I know, when I hope that Jaehyun shouldn’t get accepted in Jeju since Seoul and Incehon is not even that far. But he was so sincere and happy when I told him that I got accepted that it hit me hard. I should support his dream like he does to me.”

 

“That’s right, you have to support him just like what you always do for the whole five years, Hyunjoo. It’s just the two of you always spent the days together that it must be hard to be in a long distance relationship for even just six months, right?”

 

She nodded.

 

“This semester is going to end in two weeks, and you will be going one week after. If Jaehyun got accepted in Jeju, then he will be going one month after you go. Am I right?”

 

She nodded, again.

 

“Go, travel, or spend every single thing with him before you got separated. And before he goes to Jeju, he still got that one month to go to Incheon, to meet you every day.”

 

Minha has always been the best of the best friend for Hyunjoo. She often questioned why Minha doesn’t have a boyfriend yet? Why she couldn’t forget Jongin when there are tons of guys who wanted to be her boyfriend.

 

Maybe it was love? A real love when you are already happy just by looking at him, or when he is happier than you? Some people called this bull, but some people really went through this.

 

“Hey, what happened?” he asked, while brushing her hair with his fingers. It’s his habit to look straight into her eyes, even when she looked down, he would bent down to look at her. Because he loves his eyes the most.

 

“Nothing.”

 

“I know there is something. The long distance relationship? Am I right?”

 

“I’m scared.” She whispered, since they were still in the library. “I’m scared, Jaehyun.”

 

“I don’t get why you are scared? I mean, what is our five years relationship if you are still scared for a six - seven months long distance relationship? Didn’t we say from the start that we have commitment? That we won’t scared? That you can leave me if you are scared?”

 

“I don’t want to leave you.”

 

“I don’t want to leave you either, Hyunjoo. So, stop being scared. We can pass this, it’s not even a big deal.”

 

She smiled after that, “Kiss me.”

 

Didn’t even care that they are in a library, since it’s not crowded, Jaehyun gave a one quick peck on her lips.

***

 

“Hello?”

 

“Hello? Am I talking with Bae Hyunjoo?”

 

“Yes, it’s me. Who is this?”

 

“Kim Haeri, HRD of Jolie’s & Co.”

 

“Oh, what happened, Miss? Have you received my e-mail?”

 

”Yes, I have received your e-mail. But there is something that you have to know, there is a change in the contract, have you read it?”

 

“I have not read the e-mail yet, what’s wrong, Miss?”

 

“Long story short, we are going to open our first merchandise segment, and we are still short of staff. After looking at your curriculum vitae, you are still qualified for this segment so we decided to move you there. But, you are going to start the internship earlier, as early as next week. Don’t worry, you are also going to finish early, your contract is still for six months. Since you have not read the new contract yet, we are going to give you time until tomorrow midnight. Since we are going to sell the merchandise next month, if you didn’t give us the decision then we are going to recruit another person who is also waiting right now.”

 

If she accepted the offer, then it means she wouldn’t be able to spend her days with Jaehyun before the internship just like what they have planned. The plane tickets, the hotel, and everything would be gone. Plus, she wouldn’t be able to meet Jaehyun for a year once she started the internship.

 

But Jolie’s & Co. is her the place that she wanted from a very long time, she has been dreaming of working there, how could she pass this one?

 

“We are not even a high school students, and we’ve been in a relationship for five years, we have been together through thick and thin, this one year long distance relationship shouldn’t make you afraid, am I right? Plus, Incheon and Jeju are still in South Korea, we can easily meet with each other, we can save our money for the plane tickets.” He hugged her, who was still crying.

 

“I don’t even know why I am like this, Jaehyun. I’m so afraid for one thing and another, like something would happen once we separated.”

 

“It’s not like you are going to meet someone like Kim Mingyu and leave me again, Hyunjoo. I should be the one who is afraid, but I believe in you. You wouldn’t do such things twice.”

 

Kim Mingyu is their biggest nightmare for few years, even though he disappeared already, but still, everything from that time are still on their mind. How that guy named Kim Mingyu made everything became so messy and acted like he did nothing.

 

How Mingyu fought with Jaehyun at that time in front of Hyunjoo, how Mingyu told all the things that he did with Hyunjoo to Jaehyun – literally every single thing – and how Hyunjoo even went down on her knees because Mingyu wouldn’t stop talking about her to Jaehyun.

 

Everything that Mingyu said to Jaehyun really broke his heart, that Jaehyun wanted to fight him even more rather than hearing him talking about Hyunjoo. Trash, Kim Mingyu was a trash, and that’s how Hyunjoo realized that it’s the best for her to dump Mingyu and choose Jaehyun back in the end.

 

“I will drive you and your Mom to Incheon next week, and I will come over to see you since I have nothing to do here in Seoul before my internship starts.”

 

She really shouldn’t ask him to do things for her, because he would initiate it first. That’s what Hyunjoo really liked about Jaehyun. Out of her favorite places to stay, she would always choose Jaehyun’s arms, out of everything, she would always choose Jaehyun. No matter what.

 

“Oh, and, let’s go clubbing. Since you can’t go to the club there in Incheon without me. Remember! You really cannot go to such place without me.”

 

“I know,” she smiled. “I just hope I wouldn’t meet my sister tonight. She is still under-aged yet nobody doesn’t know her in the club. They already thought of her as an easy girl in such a young age.”

***

 

A translucent crop top, black blazer, an extremely mini skirt, and a black pumps. She doesn’t wear something that a high school girl should wear, as always. Bae Sihyun, everybody knows her. And some of them already tasted her lips, at least.

 

“Are you new here?” she asked, to a guy who suddenly sat beside her on the bar.

 

The guy smirked, “I’ve been here often and saw you few times, Sihyun.”

 

“Wow, you know my name.”

 

“Well, who doesn’t?” then he offered his hand to her, “Kim Jongin.”

 

“Bae Sihyun.”

 

Kim Jongin reminded her to someone from years ago, he reminded her of Oh Sehun.

 

And in a few hours, Jongin and Sihyun are already in the car with no clothes on. Jongin sitting on driver seat, with Sihyun sitting on him. He doesn’t know that she would be this good, and how he thought that he would liked her for real.

 

He thought that he shouldn’t let her home in this state so they went to a nearest hotel to let her have a rest. One thing for sure, they even continued doing everything on the bed, and even in the shower, but something really made Sihyun’s heart moved. Something that nobody ever said to her.

 

“I really hated to see you with other people, and thinking about this really made me scared. How some boys would use you and leave you? No. You are my girlfriend now, and you shouldn’t do this with the other guys anymore.”

 

Someone who accepted her just like the ways she is, and wanted to protect her no matter what. This guy named Kim Jongin, is her new hope.

***

a/n; HIIIIIII <3