Let's Leave Together

One More Day To Stay

chapter 14 & 15 are double updates for today

 

Let’s Leave Together

 

“Leave my sister alone if you have no intention to date her.”

 

He was still focusing to the road, then smiled before answering her, “But we are already dating, though?”

 

“What?”

 

“I wouldn’t do such thing to her, Hyunjoo, chill. I know that there is a big between us and I really should behave around her. She is going to enter university soon, and I have to protect her from those bois.”

 

“I think the one who should be protected is those boys, not Sihyun,” she laughed, “my sister is really unpredictable, you know. Protect yourself, Cha Eunwoo.”

 

Usually, the office would be empty when Hyunjoo arrived because it’s still early. But Eunwoo and Hyunjoo saw someone on Mingyu’s desk… and it was him. Packing his things to a box.

 

“Mingyu?” she called, and he looked at them.

 

“Oh, hi!”

 

“What are you doing? Don’t tell me the CEO already fired you?”

 

He laughed, “No, he doesn’t want to fire me so I resigned instead, before Jennie and I divorced to avoid any rumors. I’m going back to Seoul after this.” He walked closer towards them, then patted Hyunjoo’s head. “Can you take care of her remaining times here, Eunwoo? Since I don’t know what are they going to do with her after I left.”

 

“I really have no choice but to behave nicely to her, or she will never let her sister meet me again ever.”

 

No one would understand how Hyunjoo felt right at the moment, like she was just crushing a person’s life in just a few months. Mingyu was alright with everything until she appeared, but now he has to lose his family and his job because of her.

 

Mingyu would say that it wasn’t her fault at all, but if she didn’t appeared, none of this mess would happened either. And it’s really bad how Mingyu should coming back to Seoul to find another job… and being far away from his own daughter since Jennie would take Nana with her.

 

“Hyunjoo, can you wait for me at the rooftop? I’m going in ten minutes.”

 

And she went to the rooftop just what he told her to. Standing there while looking at the scenery for the first time, she questioned herself why she has never been here before?

 

It’s still early but people are already busy down there walking here and there, and the cars that are moving. It’s almost three months and she already ed up everything here, especially Mingyu. She couldn’t believe that her decision to be the intern here would change everything this big.

 

“Here,” Mingyu arrived and gave her a cup of hot coffee, “at least we have to enjoy the very last day.”

 

She looked own to the coffee, couldn’t even look at him because of the huge guilty inside. She is embarrassed on how she used to put Mingyu down above Jaehyun on everything, but in the end it’s also him who got her back.

 

And on how she finally fell in love to him.

 

“I’ve talked with Jennie about everything, and for the sake of our daughter, I’m going to meet them often. I finally decided to let Jennie take Nana since she needs her Mom the most. Since the house here is owned by her Dad, I have to go back to Seoul and work there. Actually her Dad asked me if I want to work for Seoul branch, but I refused it since her family is being too kind for a human being like since day one.”

 

What she loves the most about him is his sparkling clear eyes, and how he talks seriously. Well, actually, she already fell for every aspect of him.

 

“I’m sorry, Mingyu.”

 

“I hate to hear that, Hyunjoo. Once again, it’s not because of you, at all.”

 

“But if I didn’t come here…”

 

“If you didn’t come, I would be still hurting Jennie and her family for pretending to love her while sitting casualy on the job that they gave to me… I would be still the ungrateful bastard.”

 

She wasn’t sure if the remaining days without Mingyu would be okay, because she would miss him every day for two months long. Seems like it’s her fate to have a long distance relationship anyway. Even though in the end the three of them; Hyunjoo, Mingyu, and Jaehyun will all reunited in Seoul.

 

“Mingyu… I don’t feel like working today.”

 

“I know it, let’s go.”

 

“Let’s go to Daegu.”

 

He stopped for a while, looking at her curiously, “Are you sure?”

 

“Yes, let’s go. I’ve tasted the night market and you should too. Let’s take the train.”

 

That’s a really bad idea, but he likes it.

 

Their first trip to Daegu was cancelled due to Nana who was hospitalized that day. But today, the three hours trip really made them happy. Hyunjoo kept leaning on him like he is world’s the best pillow ever. And Mingyu couldn’t stop smiling at whatever Hyunjoo did.

 

“Do you remember when the first time we met?” he asked.

 

She nodded.

 

It was summer, when she just started the class then someone suddenly seated beside her. She didn’t know that Mingyu was her senior so she acted casually – actually she was ignoring him because he kept talking to her.

 

He was hella annoying because everytime they met, Mingyu would act like they are already close. Even when Hyunjoo was with Jaehyun, Mingyu couldn’t stop following her.

 

“Why do you keep following me back then?”

 

“I don’t know… it’s just happened.”

 

They finally got closer when Hyunjoo was on a break with Jaehyun, Mingyu was cosplaying as the caring senior when actually he was really happy about the break up news.

 

“I’m glad you followed me.”

 

He smiled at her while pulling her head closer to his neck, “I’m glad you followed me to Incheon.”

 

“No!” she disagreed. “I didn’t even know that you were there!”

 

“Can’t I say that?” he laughed, “I want to hear that you like me more than I like you for once. It was always me who likes you more for the whole time.”

 

“Isn’t that what supposed to be?”

 

Even though they didn’t know who likes who more, but one thing for sure, Hyunjoo’s love for him is still growing. Back then she fell for the campus senior Kim Mingyu who is handsome, chic, popular. But now, she fell for the soon to be single Dad Kim Mingyu who doesn’t even have a job.

 

People might think that Bae Hyunjoo is crazy enough to dump Jung Jaehyun who has bright future, who invested his payment from being a photographer for years, who already being noticed by famous high end magazine… and being the one who she dated for five years.

 

Yes, she – herself – even thought that she might be crazy for doing that. But, once again, love is not only blind but also deaf. She fell for Mingyu for no reason. She just loves him, no matter what.

 

And Kim Mingyu is probably proud because he waited a long time for her, and it’s all worked.

 

“And what did you say to your father in law? I mean… how could he agreed about the divorce?”

 

“Jennie and I came to my father and mother in law… we talked about how things are not going to work between us and how we don’t want to hurt each other anymore. Letting things go is less damaging rather than holding tight, right? Oh, and how I let Jennie to take Nana, but I will visit her often, anytime Nana wanted me to. And I decided to resign from my job.”

 

“And what did he said?”

 

“He said he couldn’t tell us things to do anymore since both Jennie and I are adult and it’s our marriage. I thought it would be some long deep conversation, but her parents were so chill about it… and I’m thankful for that. Because I’m such a cowards when it comes to talk seriously with the parents. I mean, I always imagined that they would scold me like when they found out I made their daughter pregnant.”

 

“If it’s enough for you then, do you not want to talk seriously with my parents?”

 

“It’s not like that, I can’t avoid to meet your parents since I have to marry you later.”

 

Marry. He said that like it’s always been his plan. At least Hyunjoo could feel at ease because Mingyu just indirectly told her that he is not going to play around with her this time, that he is going to take things seriously with her. Even with the marriage.

***