:5: "You're my cousin."

We Got Married?!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jungkook woke up from the sunlight peeking through the curtains, causing it to shine onto his face.

 

He yawned, opening his eyes wide, trying to wake up. Even though he was sitting on a sofa the whole time, he slept quite well.

 

It was around nine in the morning, and he has to go do some promotional stuff soon, which includes fan-meetings and interviews.

 

Jungkook didn’t move from his spot, realizing that there was a strange amount of weight on him.

 

Wait, did he even go home?

 

He looked down, to see Rosé lying down, fast asleep, her head resting on his lap. They talked a lot earlier, and at some point the two got so tired that they just passed out where they were.

 

At least it wasn’t another drunken mishap.

 

…What does he do now? She’s sleeping, so he doesn’t want to wake her up, but he also has to leave soon.

 

Is he staring at her right now? He’s being very creepy.

 

Ummmm…. How about this: he’ll go on his phone for ten minutes, and if she doesn’t wake up, he’ll just tap her or something.

 

Good enough.

 

Jungkook scrolled through his phone, seeing how Namjoon texted him multiple times wondering where he was.

 

It’s sad that Jungkook brought Namjoon into this, but he’s going to try his best to not bring Namjoon down with him if something terrible happens.

 

Yes he and Rosé got unmarried, but you never know, someone could have seen them.

 

“What time is it?” Rosé suddenly asked, her voice hoarse from just waking up.

 

“Nine fifteen.” He smiled, finding her morning voice amusing.

 

Rosé rolled onto her back, staring at the ceiling, “I didn’t know we fell asleep like this.”

 

“You said you were just going to take a nap, remember?”

 

“Oh, right. Oops.” She replied, then looked at Jungkook.

 

How long has he been awake? Hopefully he didn’t wake up too long ago; she’d feel bad if he stayed there just because she was asleep on him.

 

“Do you think the rest of BLACKPINK will be here soon?” Jungkook asked.

 

“Um, I don’t think so. They’ll probably be here within the next hour though.” Rosé got off the sofa, stretching her arms.

 

Jungkook’s phone rang, and it turned out to be Bang Si-Hyuk, the president of BigHit.

 

“…Hello?” He answered nervously.

 

“Jungkook, I need to see you as soon as possible… preferably now.” Si-Hyuk told him.

 

Rosé poured herself some cereal, trying to listen in on the phone-conversation.

 

“Alright, but may I ask why?”

 

“We’ll discuss that when you get here, but you need to figure out an alibi for your past week.”

 

“An alibi? For what?”

 

“See you soon.”

 

And he hung up.

 

“Who was it?” Rosé asked.

 

“Bang Si-Hyuk… this isn’t good. He rarely calls me like this.”

 

Rosé suddenly became anxious, “do you think Namjoon told him about us?”

 

“Definitely not, but maybe something happened. Maybe the minister told on us.”

 

“But he had you sign a potted plant!”

 

“True… I don’t know. I have to go see what the matter is.” Jungkook said, grabbing his jacket.

 

“Alright. I’ll see you soon?”

 

“Definitely. I’ll text you.”

 

And with that, Jungkook left. Rosé stood there, scared that the marriage secret got out. They just fixed it, and NOW it gets released?

 

He better text her later about the details.

 

 

“Thank you for coming in such short notice,” Bang Si-Hyuk greeted Jungkook, “take a seat.”

 

Jungkook sat down, cautious about where this conversation will lead. The last time something like this happened, a scandal about his last relationship was going to be exposed; thankfully no one found out though.

 

“Is this something bad?” Jungkook asked, wanting to get straight to the subject.

 

Si-Hyuk sighed, “It could be if we don’t act now.”

 

UH OH. THEY KNOW. IT’S DONE. R.I.P.

 

“W-What’s wrong? Is BTS in trouble or something?”

 

“No, not BTS. Just you.”

 

YUP, HERE WE GO. THE MOMENT OF TRUTH.

 

“What did I do?” Jungkook asked, scared.

 

Si-Hyuk turned his computer screen towards him, “does this look familiar?”

 

It two pictures, side by side, of Jungkook entering a taxi. It was quite grainy, but you could clearly tell it was Jungkook.

 

The problem was the first picture had Rosé in it. No, you couldn’t tell it was really Rosé, but it’s certain that the other person depicted is a woman.

 

Jungkook stared at the pictures, seeing how this would result in something terrible.

 

Fans would freak out wondering who the hell the girl is. “Why would he ever date someone without our permission? Who is this woman? We MUST figure out who she is!” It would be a complete disaster.

 

Only a few amount of dating scandals are accepted and well liked. But for most, everyone hates them. For example, Taeyang and Min Hyo-Rin? Loved. G-Dragon and Kiko? HATED. Zico and Seolhyun? HATED. Krystal and Kai? HATED. YoonA and Lee Seung-Gi? Loved. Can you see how often it is that people hate idol-couples?

 

“Is this going to be like last year?” Bang Si-Hyuk asked, his voice stern.

 

“N-No, I’m not dating her.”

 

“Then who is she? An idol?”

 

“Uh,” Jungkook stared at the image, wondering how to respond.

 

“If it’s an idol, we have to talk to the CEO of that company to get their permission to deny it.” Si-Hyuk explained.

 

Jungkook, are you SERIOUSLY going to tell a lie to your boss? That’s ballsy.

 

Either way this is going to end badly. If he lies, it means that he just lied to the CEO of BigHit and he needs to continue to lie even more. If he tells the truth, YG Entertainment is involved and everyone will think that he’s dating her.

 

“She’s my cousin.” Jungkook said seriously.

 

Bang Si-Hyuk stared at him for a moment, trying to figure out if Jungkook was lying or not.

 

“Why would you be going somewhere at one in the morning with your cousin?”

 

“Uh, well she was visiting and that was the only time I could see her. She went back home though.” Jungkook responded.

 

Si-Hyuk sighed, “Alright. But I’ll still have to make a statement about all of this… this better not happen again. It was hard enough covering up your last problem.”

 

Jungkook gulped, not wanting to think about his last almost-scandal, “I understand.”

 

He started to leave, happy that nothing bad is going to happen.

 

“If you’re pictured with another woman and it blows up, you’re going to have to make the statement yourself.” Si-Hyuk said before Jungkook left.

 

“A-Alright.”

 

Jungkook closed the door behind him, and then sighed with relief. Thank god this will blow over. Even though he totally lied, at least Bang Si-Hyuk believed him.

 

He took out his phone, and called Rosé; she answered almost immediately, so apparently she was nervous about the meeting as well.

 

“What happened?” She asked, nervously.

 

“We were pictured together.” Jungkook replied, walking down the hallway.

 

“What? Seriously? When?!”

 

“The night of the Asian Artist Awards.”

 

There was a silence on the other line, and Jungkook walked into the dance practice room, shutting the door behind him. He leaned against the wall staring at the floor, wondering why Rosé wasn’t speaking.

 

“Are you alright?” He asked.

 

“Y-Yeah, I’m just confused on how it happened. We were really careful.” Rosé replied, bummed out.

 

“Who the hell are you talking to?” A voice asked, startling Jungkook.

 

He looked to his side, to see Taehyung, Namjoon, and Hoseok sitting on a bench, eating.

 

“Koooooooookie I asked you a question! You’re acting so sketchy.” Taehyung said, teasing his friend.

 

“No one important,” Jungkook replied, then went back to the phone conversation, “yeah, I get that. But it’s not a big deal anymore; I fixed it.”

 

“How so?” Rosé asked, confused.

 

“Yah, what the hell is up with him?” Taehyung asked Namjoon.

 

He shrugged, “Maybe he’s talking to a family member or something.”

 

Namjoon knew exactly who Jungkook was talking to. But being the amazing friend he is, he’s obviously not going to give up the gossip.

 

“Yeah right, Jungkook is being so mysterious lately.” Hoseok replied.

 

“You’re my cousin.” Jungkook said.

 

“You said I was your cousin?” Rosé asked, starting to laugh.

 

“…Did he just tell someone that they’re his cousin? Wouldn’t they already know?” Hoseok was clearly confused by Jungkook’s statement.

 

“Maybe they forgot.” Namjoon responded.

 

“I’ve forgotten my cousins before.” Taehyung said.

 

“How do you forget your own cousins?!” Hoseok asked.

 

“Yah, it’s not funny!” Jungkook became defensive, even though he found it hilarious as well. He could only hear Rosé laughing on the other line, so he joined in as well.

 

“It really is! But I’m glad you handled it. Thank you for that.” She told him.

 

Jungkook smiled, “It’s no problem. I’ll see you around.”

 

“Bye~!”

 

And so, Jungkook hung up. He looked back to his hyungs who were staring at him, confused by the conversation he just had. They couldn’t hear who was on the other line, so it made it even more confusing.

 

“You have a cousin you regularly talk to?” Taehyung asked him.

 

“…Yeah.” Jungkook lied.

 

Suddenly the door slammed open, and Jimin came running in with a paper in his hand.

 

“I’VE DISCOVERED WHO JUNGKOOK’S UNIMPORTANT PERSON IS!” He announced, proud of himself.

 

Jungkook froze, not knowing what he meant. Did he see his texts or something?

 

Oh wait, it’s the Dispatch pictures of him and his “cousin”, isn’t it.

 

“Let me see!” Hoseok and Taehyung said in unison, running up to Jimin.

 

He showed them the pictures of Jungkook and Rosé, “See? It’s a woman! He’s seeing someone!”

 

“Ooh, Jungkook~” Hoseok teased.

 

Jungkook glanced at Namjoon, who somehow had no idea what to do.

 

“Guys, I already talked to Bang Si-Hyuk about it.” Jungkook told them.

 

“So you are dating someone! Holy !” Taehyung exclaimed.

 

“No, that’s my cousin…”

 

The boys were silent, trying to find any

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter