:20: "That was corny."

We Got Married?!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Today is finally the day that two of Korea’s hottest idols will be getting their divorce finalized. Although the location of where the trial would be was not given, fans and media outlets have found out which court it was, and are waiting outside for the couple to arrive as we speak. Both Jungkook and Rosé’s representatives asked if people could not come to the location and keep the matter private, but clearly fans did not listen. The trial will last a few hours, and the verdict will also be decided today. Tune in later to find out what happens.” The anchorwoman said.

 

Yes, today is finally the day that Jungkook and Rosé get divorced. BTS and BLACKPINK aren’t going, because the couple decided that it’s best if it’s just them.

 

“Damn, they found out which place you’re going to?” Hoseok asked watching the television.

 

“They think they know where it is, but that’s not the place.” Jungkook replied.

 

BigHit had a staff member “leak the location” so everyone would go there, and the couple would be able to do their trial peacefully without any distractions. It was actually a really good tactic.

 

“Whoa, that’s pretty smart.” Namjoon muttered.

 

“So what time do you have to get there?” Yoongi asked.

 

“In a few hours. We’re going to meet there, so I’m not going to see Rosé until the actual trial.” Jungkook said.

 

“I hope it goes smoothly.” Seokjin responded.

 

“Me too… I think it will. I mean, I know the judge is going to mention the whole So-eun thing, but Lawrence said it’ll be fine since it didn’t actually go through.”

 

“Maybe you should have had So-eun speak for you about that.” Jimin said.

 

That actually sounds like a good idea, but So-eun is doing her own thing, so let’s not bother her.

 

“True, but either way that won’t be an obstacle.” Jungkook told him.

 

“I’m glad that we all had the chance to hang out last night before your trial. I think that made things easier.” Taehyung commented.

 

“It really did.”

 

Jungkook leaned back in his chair, watching the media outlets have a field day with his divorce story. Soon it will all be over. Jungkook and Rosé will finally be able to date without backlash (well, there’s always going to be negative comments), and the marriage obstacle will be no more.

 

For the past few months he and Roseanne have been in the spotlight nonstop, so it is going to be a major change not seeing his face plastered all over the news stations… but it’s for the best.

 

Tonight is also the beginning of BTS’s tour, so going from a divorce trial to a concert is gonna be interesting as well. Hopefully the fans won’t boo him. Well, obviously they’re not. Rosé is going to be backstage tonight as well, and after they’ll have one last time to spend time together until BTS is up up and away across the world.

 

He wants to be with Roseanne alone tonight, so hopefully BTS and the girls won’t want to do anything as a group. They probably know that though.

 

Jungkook got a nice dress shirt and pants to wear, not knowing what the attire is for a divorce trial. There were only two hours until it started, which made him apprehensive. He keeps thinking of the worst situations possible, and how everyone would react towards it.

 

What is the judge didn’t grant them a divorce? What if Jungkook goes to jail for the whole So-eun thing? What is Roseanne goes to jail for giving So-eun money? The possibilities are endless, and that isn’t in the good way!

 

Okay, Jungkook is overthinking this just a tad. Maybe he should take a nap. Wait, he can’t because the trial is soon.

 

Rosé on the other hand was thrilled to have this over with. She happily put on her outfit, humming various songs. No bad ideas were crossing her mind, which was good that at least someone was feeling alright.

 

If both of them were nervous, that would be pretty bad.

 

“Are you sure you don’t want us to come?” Lisa asked.

 

“I’m sure. I’ll tell you guys how it goes after.”

 

“I can’t believe it’s finally your divorce day.” Jisoo stated.

 

“I know, it’s exciting, isn’t it?” Rosé grinned.

 

“Wording it like this, it sounds like Rosie is getting married, not divorced.” Jennie chuckled.

 

“But aren’t you a little sad?” Lisa said.

 

Rosé turned from her bedroom mirror, looking at Lisa, “Well, yeah, but after I talked to Jungkook alone last night, I realized that so many more good memories will come from this. We’ll be able to live our lives with a little more freedom.”

 

“Let’s remember that you still have a dating ban.” Jennie responded.

 

Rosé frowned, “I know, but we’re still going to date.”

 

“Wow, so rebellious!” Jisoo exclaimed.

 

“You need to ask sajangnim’s permission.” Jennie told her.

 

“I will… soon.”

 

“He probably already knows that you two want to date. It’s kind of obvious.” Lisa giggled.

 

“Maybe he does!” Rosé said.

 

“That would make things so much easier.” Jisoo added.

 

Rosé looked at the time, seeing how she needs to start heading out, “Alright, I think I should go…”

 

“Good luck!” Lisa smiled.

 

“Just don’t say you committed several crimes and you’ll be fine!” Jisoo joked.

 

“Yah, I’m not a hooligan!” Rosé replied.

 

“You got married while drunk.” Jennie stated.

 

“…Touché.”

 

Wow, roasted. Does Rosé need some ice for that burn?

 

 

“Are you ready?” Jungkook asked.

 

Both of them were standing outside the courtroom doors, their trial only a few minutes away.

 

“I think so. I’ve been waiting for this day for a while.” Rosé responded.

 

“Me too… I can’t believe it’s actually happening though. Just think, if that minister renewed his marriage license, we would have been unmarried a long time ago.”

 

“True. That’s weird to think about.”

 

“Ah, there you two are!” Lawrence smiled, walking up to the couple.

 

…What, are you expecting me to fangirl over Lawrence? Well, I’m not, so the joke is on you!

 

YaaaAAAssss! Lawrence has made a comeback! It’s been a while! Bless him.

 

“We’re going in two minutes. I just wanted to psych you guys up. This can be kind of intimidating, but hey, we can get through it if we stick together!” Lawrence said.

 

“How long do you think it’s going to last?” Jungkook asked.

 

“Probably a few hours… do you have somewhere to be?”

 

“Uh, no, I,”

 

Lawrence laughed, “I know, I know. You have your concert tonight! I’m bringing my daughter, so I don’t want you to be late!”

 

Aw, so cute. What a nice man.

 

“I’ll see you two there, then.” Jungkook replied.

 

“I’m going too.” Rosé added.

 

“Wow, how exciting!” Lawrence said, then looked at his watch, “Alright, we should head in now.”

 

Everyone, it’s finally time for the divorce. It’s been a long time coming, yes?

 

I’m sure your probably thinking: Wow, SOMETHING must happen during the trial, this CAN’T go by smoothly. I’m offended that you think this! I don’t create drama just because I want to! It just happens! You know, maybe things do go by nicely. Will you be happy then? Or will you feel somewhat empty because nothing juicy happened? Hmm? Well, anyways, let’s see how it goes.

 

Jungkook and Rosé sat next to one another, while Lawrence stood besides the table they were seated at. The judge came in and sat at his podium, looking serious.

 

He looked through the papers that were handed to him, glancing at the couple every now and then. It was dead silent in the court room, but Lawrence would give them a motivational thumbs-up if they looked uneasily towards him.

 

“Hello, Lawrence. You seem to come here a lot.” The judge stated.

 

“I do… I’m a divorce lawyer, sir.” Lawrence replied.

 

“Oh, that’s true. How’s your daughter?”

 

“She’s good, thanks for asking! We’re going to a concert tonight, so that’s exciting.”

 

The judge glanced at Jungkook, then back to Lawrence, “The BTS concert?”

 

“Yes, your honor.”

 

“I’m bringing my daughter as well.”

 

“Maybe we’ll see each other!”

 

Oh my god, is this even happening?

 

Jungkook and Rosé looked at one another, trying not to smile. It was funny! They thought that it was going to be hella serious, but apparently not.

 

“Alright, just because you two are idols, that doesn’t mean I’m going to give you special treatment.” The judge said, closing the folder full of files.

 

He asked Lawrence for the settlement, which he gave. It was quite quick to look through it, because Jungkook and Rosé never shared anything, so they didn’t need to compromise.

 

“You two don’t have anything you need to split?” He asked.

 

“No, they don’t.” Lawrence replied.

 

The judge went back into the files, looking through everything, “Ah, it’s because they were drunk. I forgot about that… I guess that makes it easier for you two. When was the marriage again?”

 

“November…” Lawrence started to say, forgetting the date.

 

“Fourth.” Jungkook and Rosé said in unison.

 

“And you two tried to get an annulment?” The judge asked.

 

The couple nodded, not knowing if they’re supposed to respond or not.

 

“Annulments are pretty difficult to get, you know.”

 

Thanks for the fun fact, judge. I feel like giving him a name… let’s call him… Samuel.

 

So, Samuel flipped through the papers again, stopping suddenly on a specific page. He looked at Jungkook, who knew what he was about to say.

 

Samuel held up the paper, “What is this?”

 

Yup, it’s the file that says So-eun was about to sue him for domestic abuse. Jungkook internally sighed, knowing that if he actually sighed, the judge might get offended. Did that make sense? It made sense to me, so I’m keeping it.

 

Jungkook looked at Lawrence, who was signaling for him to speak. I guess our good friend Lawrence can’t speak on Jungkook’s behalf.

 

“It never happened.” Jungkook stated.

 

Wow, what a great way to start things off.

 

“Well, I know that, but I’d like to hear what caused this to almost occur.” Samuel said.

 

“Um, so I dated someone a few years ago for a while. We broke up on somewhat decent terms, or at least I thought. A few months after our breakup, I got informed that she was going to accuse me of abuse, even though it didn’t happen. She did it because she was in a tough situation and needed money, so she was willing to sue me for something I didn’t do just to get money out of me.” Jungkook explained.

 

“So you gave her the money?”

 

“Y-Yes… that isn’t illegal, right?”

 

Samuel paused for a second, which freaked out Jungkook, because it made him think that it was. But to his delight, Samuel shook his head, “No, it’s not. You’re in the clear for that. I see this case a lot with idols and regular people. The best thing to do is pay the price and move on, unless it’s a grand sum of money. That’s when you should sue them back. Like table tennis. It would go back and forth until there’s a winner.”

 

“I like that analogy.” Lawrence said.

 

“I’m here all night, folks.”

 

“So is there not an issue with that?” Jungkook asked, wanting to be sure.

 

“No, there’s not. I recognize her name though. She runs into trouble a lot… I hear that she’s better now. Good for her.”

 

Apparently So-eun is famous with going against

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter